Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market
Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market (Type: Series Welding, Multi-spot Welding, Pulsation-spot Welding; Application: Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial Manufacturing, Railways, Electronics and Semiconductors, Construction, Others; Material: Steel, Aluminum, Nickel, Titanium, Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Squeeze Type Machines Aid End Users with Better Longevity of Repairs
The automotive sector is projected to dominate the resistance spot welding machines market throughout the forecast period, with an estimated output of ~12,800 units by the end of 2027. This is why, companies in the resistance spot welding machines market are increasing the availability of squeeze type resistance spot welding machines to cater to the needs of automotive manufacturers.
Automotive manufacturers are heavily investing in extensive research to deploy lightweight materials, such as high-strength steel and aluminum alloys, to manufacture electronic equipment in vehicles for end-user convenience. Equipment companies in the resistance spot welding machines market are fulfilling this expectation of automotive manufacturers by introducing cutting-edge squeeze type resistance spot welders (STRSWs) in the market landscape.
As resistance spot welding is becoming increasingly mainstream in the automotive space, squeeze type resistance spot welding machines are being increasingly used for the repair of vehicles, owing to their limited heat deployment and better corrosion protection. These attributes help consumers, since the machine’s technique adds longevity to the repairs carried out.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market
Real-time Force Monitoring Translates into Incremental Opportunities in End Markets
Apart from automobiles, there is growing demand for lightweight materials in the aerospace industry to enhance the performance of vehicles and reduce environmental impact. As such, aerospace accounts for the second-highest revenue in the resistance spot welding machines market, with a projected output of ~5,600 units in 2021. Manufacturers in the aerospace industry are pervasively using weight-saving materials such as aluminum alloy instead of steel in vehicle designs. This trend is coupled with the use of resistance spot welding machines to process vehicle body structures in assembly lines.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Companies in the resistance spot welding machines ecosystem are gaining advantage, as vehicle manufacturers are adopting the technique of real-time force monitoring to improve spot weld quality. Since vehicle manufacturers heavily invest in the development of vehicle designs, it is crucial for them to use real-time force monitoring to measure the force during welding. Apart from aerospace, companies in the resistance spot welding machines market are gaining incremental opportunities with wide application of resistance spot welding in car battery industries, manufacturing industries, utensils, and dental purposes.
AI Quality Estimation Systems Increasingly Used to Assess Welding Inconsistencies in Metal Fabrication
Resistance spot welding plays an important role in sheet metal fabrication. However, inconsistent quality in welding is a major problem for stakeholders in the sheet metal fabrication value chain. To overcome this problem, companies in the resistance spot welding machines market are educating stakeholders in the metal fabrication industry about quality estimation systems. These systems are being increasingly adopted to accurately examine welding inconsistencies.
With technological advancements, companies in the resistance spot welding machines space are integrating quality estimation systems with AI to offer efficient welding control. Thus, manufacturers in various end markets are able to deploy the advantages of resistance spot welding with the help of AI quality estimation systems for the joining of different materials. This is achieved by assessing the electrode force signal, which is an important indicator of expulsion occurrence. Companies in the resistance spot welding machines market are increasing research efforts to develop AI quality estimation systems that cater to the fabrication of stainless steel.
DeltaSpot Welding Systems Help Automotive Manufacturers Utilize Lightweight Materials in Vehicle Production
Manufacturers in the automotive industry demand the utilization of lightweight materials such as aluminum alloy and magnesium alloy for the production of vehicles. Due to high competition in the automotive landscape, companies in the resistance spot welding machines market are catering to the needs of these manufacturers in the automotive value chain. The demand for lightweight materials in the automotive sector has triggered the demand for resistance spot welding machines that can efficiently weld different base metal combinations. To achieve this target, automotive manufacturers are increasingly adopting DeltaSpot welding systems.
DeltaSpot welding helps automotive manufacturers effectively weld alloy combinations, which leads to end goals such as reduction in greenhouse gases and fuel efficiency in vehicles. However, in conventional welding practices, it is challenging to ensure efficient resistance spot weldability, owing to the low resistivity and high thermal expansion of aluminum. Hence, manufacturers in the resistance spot welding machines market are educating automotive manufacturers about DeltaSpot welding systems that offer efficient welding through high heat input and shorter welding time.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market
High-strength steel and aluminum alloys are being extensively used for resistance spot welding in automotive and aerospace industries. Resistance spot welding is gaining popularity as a cost- and time-efficient method, as compared to other joining techniques. Robotics is transforming the resistance spot welding machines market, since robots can help end users achieve high productivity in their manufacturing processes. However, in order to guarantee better weld quality, manufacturers in various end markets come across the splash condition, which is hampering the adoption of the technique. Hence, companies in the market should educate end-user manufacturers about AI quality estimation systems and real-time force monitoring to achieve high-quality welding.
Global Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market: Definition/Overview
- Resistance welding is an old welding process that joins metals with the help of heat obtained from electric energy. Resistance welding takes place due to the conversion of electric energy into thermal energy. The weld is made by a combination of pressure and heat.
- The combination of resistance of workpieces and electrodes is used to generate heat. The heat generated is directly proportional to the resistance at any point in the circuit.
- The global resistance spot welding machines market is projected to expand at a volume CAGR of ~5% over the forecast period, to reach 30 Bn units by the end of the year 2027.
- By value, the global resistance spot welding machines market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 5.5%, increasing from ~US$ 250 Mn in 2018 to ~US$ 400 Mn by the end of the period of forecast.
Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market: Regional Overview
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the fastest-growing regional market in the global resistance spot welding machines market during the forecast period. Over the years, economic growth of this region is driving companies to invest in the manufacturing sector of developing countries such as China and India, which works as a favorable market factor.
- North America is the second-largest regional market in the global resistance spot welding machines market. Rising number of automotive and aerospace manufacturers across the U.S., Canada, and Mexico is driving this market.
Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market: Trends
- Increasing requirement of automation in different end-use industries is driving the sales of resistance spot welding machines.
- Resistance spot welding machines find application in automotive industries. The maximum use of the resistance spot welding machine process is in the automobile industry for the construction of vehicle bodies, as these product can increase welding efficiency in less amount of time.
Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- The resistance spot welding machines market is witnessing exponential growth due to rise in the demand for passenger and commercial vehicles. Increase in disposable income and growing road connectivity are some of the major factors responsible for the rising demand for four wheeler and two wheeler vehicles. In 2017, total passenger car production was 73.5 million units at the global level, rising at an annual CAGR of 2.4%. China is the largest producer of passenger cars.
- Increasing requirement of automation in different end-use industries is driving the sales of resistance spot welding machines.
- Increase in disposable income and growing road connectivity have been some of the prime factors for the rising demand for four wheeler and two wheeler vehicles. Thus, with the growing number of passenger and commercial vehicles across the world, the demand for welding torches and wear parts is anticipated to grow during the forecasted period, thereby boosting the growth of the resistance spot welding machines market.
- Rise in the growth of industries such as automotive, heavy equipment, aerospace, defense, fabrication, and transportation creates lucrative opportunities around the world for resistance spot welding process providers and equipment manufacturers.
- Resistance spot welding process applications are limited due to high equipment cost and limited material thickness. The cost of set up is high, and generally unaffordable for many small-scale industries.
Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market: Key Segments
- The global resistance spot welding machines market has been segmented based on type, application, material, and region.
- Among the types, the multi-spot welding segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR over the forecast period.
- Among the applications, the aerospace segment is projected to expand the fastest in the global resistance spot welding machines market over the forecast period.
- Among the materials, the steel segment is expected to thrive the most in the global resistance spot welding machines market over the next few years.
Global Resistance Spot Welding Machines market: Competition Landscape
- The global resistance spot welding machines market is highly competitive with presence of several global and domestic level players.
- Companies are investing in product innovation, and merger & acquisition to increase their customer base in the resistance spot welding machines market.
- Some of the key players operating in the resistance spot welding machines market are
- Lincoln Electric
- Illinois Tool Works Inc.
- Centerline (Windsor) Limited
- ARO Welding Technologies SAS
- Amada Miyachi America, Inc.
Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the resistance spot welding machines market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the resistance spot welding machines market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019-2027, wherein, 2018 is the base year and 2017 and earlier is historical data. The report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the resistance spot welding machines market provides data on the developments undertaken by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the said landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the global resistance spot welding machines market gives readers an individual understanding of the overall market.
The study discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that drive the growth of the global resistance spot welding machines market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market. The study also offers Porter’s Five Force Analysis, value chain analysis, key trend analysis, and SWOT analysis of the global resistance spot welding machines market in order to highlight the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players in the landscape.
Key Questions Answered in Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market Report
- How much revenue will the resistance spot welding machines market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which application of resistance spot welding machines are likely to gain the maximum market share by 2027?
- Which regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall resistance spot welding machines market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the growth of the global resistance spot welding machines market?
- Which region is likely to be a lucrative resistance spot welding machines market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the global resistance spot welding machines market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are the major advancements being witnessed in the global resistance spot welding machines market?
The report answers these questions and more about the global resistance spot welding machines market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Global Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market – Research Methodology
The TMR report on the global resistance spot welding machines market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. The competitive scenario of the global resistance spot welding machines market report is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global resistance spot welding machines market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecasts for the said market.
The report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the global resistance spot welding machines market with both, the bottom-up and top-down approach.
Global Resistance Spot Welding Machines Market – Segmentation
The report on the global resistance spot welding machines market provides information on the basis of type, application, material, and region, for better understanding.
Electronics and Semiconductors
Middle East & Africa