Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer [RTO] Market
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer [RTO] Market (Control System: Volatile Organic Compounds [VOCs], Hazardous Air Pollutants [HAPs], Odor, and Others; Industry: Paint & Coatings Production, Petroleum, Oil & Gas, Food, Printing, Chemicals, Pharmaceutical, Semiconductor, Automotive, and Others; and Distribution Channel: Direct Sales [OEM] and Indirect Sales) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
COVID-19 Impact: Electronics Industries under Scrutiny for VOC Management
As the global economy reawakens after the COVID-19 shutdown in China, VOC (Volatile Organic Compound) enforcement and air emissions are becoming hot topics in various industries. Companies in the China regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market and other parts of the world are capitalizing on this opportunity to address public health & environmental concerns.
The controlling of smog has become one of the top priorities of stakeholders in various end markets of China. However, its enforcement has become an increasingly critical issue for companies to navigate. Since electronics, pharmaceuticals, and petrochemicals industries, among others, are under greater scrutiny for the VOC management, stakeholders in the regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market are taking advantage of this opportunity to expand revenue streams during the pandemic.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer [RTO] Market
Retrofit or Replace? Which is Better for Extending Life of RTOs?
The global regenerative thermal oxidizer market is projected to register a modest CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. However, there is a need for preventive maintenance tips and options to extend the life of RTOs in various industries. It has been found that modern RTOs are simply electrically enhanced versions of the older designs. However, the new oxidizers incorporate the latest PLC (programmable logic controls) technology that provide improved troubleshooting diagnostics as well as remote monitoring via Ethernet capabilities.
Companies struggling with budget allocation can even add the new PLC technology to existing RTOs. The modern thermal oxidizer systems have the latest ceramic media designs.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Preference for Fuel-free Operation at Very Low VOC Concentration in RTOs
There is a growing demand for RTOs that have the capability to repurpose the thermal energy generated during operation to reduce operating costs and energy consumption of the system itself. Anguil - a manufacturer of the industrial pollution control technology, is gaining recognition for its RTOs that lead to smaller footprint and are capable of fuel-free operation at very low VOC concentrations.
The robust RTOs are undergoing countless enhancements with operator input being at the forefront. Companies in the regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market are innovating in custom-designed poppet valves that ensure minimal leakage, leading to high destruction efficiency and optimized heat recovery. Other benefits of RTOs being preferred by users are system pressure drop resulting in reduced electrical consumption.
Flameless RTOs Ensure Long Life, Minimum Service Costs
Dürr AG - a global mechanical and plant engineering firm, is becoming known for its flameless RTO, which is gaining popularity for its single bed, compact, and modular design. In order to gain a competitive edge over other companies, equipment manufacturers in the regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market are increasing R&D muscle to develop RTOs that contribute to the low running costs for VOC abatement and the control of hazardous air pollutants (HAPs).
High VOC destruction, simple design, and superior energy efficiency are becoming key focus points for companies in the regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market. The cutting-edge RTOs are built with internal heat exchangers that provide unparalleled efficiency and simplicity. The rugged construction and simplicity ensure long life and minimum service costs for RTOs.
Robust RTOs Capable of Minimizing Burner Operation, Emissions
Equipment manufacturers in the regenerative thermal oxidizer market are developing systems that are designed to manage chemical waste and organic waste through a process of controlled oxidation. Industrial engineering company, Fives Group, is gaining popularity for its RTOs that are easy to operate with a regulation system based on flow and temperature in the combustion chamber.
There is a growing demand for RTOs that minimize the burner operation and optimize the production of combustion gases by reducing emissions. For VOC control, HAPs control and odor control, companies in the regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market are increasing efforts for patented design in systems to meet stringent environmental regulations. Flameless RTOs are being highly publicized for their remarkable energy efficiency and design simplicity.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer [RTO] Market
The stringent implementation of the VOC management in cleaning agents, coatings, and adhesives industries have cast a significant impact on production and business risk moving forward post COVID-19 shutdown in China. The regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market is expected to surpass the valuation of US$ 3 Bn by 2031. However, there is a need for consideration of preventive measures and tips to extend the life of RTOs. Hence, companies in the regenerative thermal oxidizer market should offer customized services to clients, and help them weigh the pros & cons of retrofit and new replacement of systems that contribute for VOC and HAPs management.
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) Market: Overview
- Regenerative thermal oxidizers (RTO) are one of the most widely accepted technologies in the field of air pollution control. They are also referred to as RTO and perceived as a highly efficient solution for industrial air pollution control across paint manufacturing, chemical processing, automotive paint shops, and petroleum industry. The working principle of RTO involves the thermal destruction of VOCs (volatile organic compounds), HAP (hazardous air pollutants), and other air pollutants by oxidation.
- RTO technology uses ceramic media filled into vertical containers as a high-efficiency heat exchanger. High-temperature thermal oxidation is completed as pollutants pass through the ceramic media are mixed, and maintained at high temperatures in the combustion chamber. Regenerative thermal oxidizers are usually designed according to the specifications of end-use industries and feature thermal efficiencies up to 97% and destruction efficiencies up to 99%. Most common size configurations for RTOs are three-canister, two-canister, and multi-canister.
Rising Demand across End-use Industries and Expansion of Paints & Coatings Industry: Key Drivers of Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) Market
- Regenerative thermal oxidizers are widely accepted as efficient solutions to control air pollution in key industries, including paint and coating production, petroleum, chemicals processing, and printing & packaging, among others
- Rise in air pollution accompanied by rapid industrialization is leading to strict laws and regulations by governments. For instance, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has established standards to mandate best practices for mitigating the impact of industrial emissions (HAPs and VOCs) on the environment. This, in turn, boosts the adoption of regenerative thermal oxidizers by manufacturing companies. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation, VOC emission due to industrial processes (chemical and allied product manufacturing, petroleum, etc.) was estimated at around 6.61 million short tons.
- Constant expansion of the paints & coatings industry across key geographical markets is expected to boost the demand for RTOs to facilitate the reduced emission of HAPs at paint manufacturing plants. Furthermore, paint manufacturers are expanding their production capacities to meet the rising demand for industrial paints and decorative paints. Countries such as India, Vietnam, and China exhibit strong demand for decorative paints due to rapid urbanization and rising infrastructure development.
Evolving Legislations for Industrial Air Pollution Control: Key Market Opportunity
- The declining ambient air quality in industrial settings and urban areas over the years has become a serious concern for government and industry participants. Emission of HAP, VOCs, greenhouse gases, and particulate matter from industrial plants along with automobile emissions have triggered extensive deterioration of air quality.
- Federal and regional governments in association with different environment protection agencies have established stringent norms and air quality monitoring programs to regulate industrial emissions. For instance, in July 2018, the National Emission Ceilings Directive (2016/2284/EU) was made into national law. The new directive states the 2020 and 2030 emission reduction commitments by EU and its member states for five key air pollutants comprising sulfur dioxide (SO2), fine particulate matter (PM2.5), nitrogen oxide (NOx), non-methane volatile organic compounds (NMVOCs), and ammonia (NH3).
High Cost and Technical Expertise
- As RTO comprises numerous components, it requires regular inspection and maintenance by an expert team of engineers. In addition, consistent maintenance is highly recommended to avoid unplanned downtime and costly repairs. Factory personnel must receive appropriate training from RTO manufacturers to identify malfunction and resolve system breakdown. Moreover, additional costs are involved for aftermarket services including failure investigation, replacement of components, and troubleshooting of temperature control issues.
- Changing safety concerns are demanding new features, standards, and enhanced reporting of machines. Further, RTO manufacturers need to adopt a comprehensive approach in the development of pollution control equipment to sustain in the competitive environment.
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) Market: Competition Landscape
- The research report provides detailed profiles of regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) manufacturers to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market are
- Anguil Environmental Systems, Inc.
- BD Group Industries, LLC
- Biothermica Technologies Inc.
- Catalytic Products International, Inc.
- Condorchem Envitech
- Gulf Coast Environmental Systems (GCES)
- Nestec, Inc.
- The CMM Group
- Ship & Shore Environmental, Inc.
- TKS Industrial Company
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) Market: Key Developments
- Technology upgrade, strategic collaborations and partnerships, acquisitions, and investment in R&D and service networks are key strategies of regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) manufacturers to meet the evolving needs of industrial air pollution control
- Furthermore, companies are focused on close collaboration with customers to understand the requirement and design industry specific solutions according to established standards and regulations to bring down VOC and HAP emission. Some key developments in the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market are highlighted below:
- In April 2021, Catalytic Products International, Inc. completed the installation of a new RTO (Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer) in the Southwest U.S. for the reduction of VOCs from the surface coating of automotive body parts
- In June 2020, Anguil Environmental Systems, Inc. announced its expansion in the Indian market with the incorporation of its subsidiary “Anguil Environmental Systems Private Limited” at Gujarat, India
- In September 2020, Nestec, Inc. established a wood pellet air emission control program to evaluate complete wood pellet facilities in the U.S.
- In December 2020, TKS Industrial Company announced an expansion plan in Columbus, Ohio with an investment of around US$ 1.5 Mn. The company aims to increase its production and storage space by approximately 15,800 sq. ft. with this investment.
- In November 2019, Ship & Shore Environmental, Inc. announced expansion of its manufacturing operations in Bangkok
- The global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market report also discusses product portfolio and key business strategies followed by regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) companies. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market.
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market across the globe. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period, 2021–2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses, and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the future scope and current trends in terms of sizing and distribution channel of the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market?
- What is the revenue of the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market based on the respective segments?
- Which are the key strategies used by top players of the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market?
- Which are the leading companies in the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market?
Research Methodology – Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market more reliable and accurate.
Regenerative Thermal Oxidizer (RTO) Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market includes information categorized into four sections ? control system, industry, distribution channel, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO) market are discussed in detail.