Radiation Proctitis Market
Radiation Proctitis Market (Indication: Acute Radiation Proctitis and Chronic Radiation Proctitis; and Therapy: Oral Therapy, Ablative Procedures, Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy,Formalin, and Surgery) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
HBOT, IV Vitamin Drops to Boost Patient Immunity amid COVID-19 Pandemic
Healthcare facilities such as the Hyperbaric Medical Solutions is taking extra preventive steps to mitigate the risks of the coronavirus pandemic to ensure all patients are offered clean and safe environments. Stakeholders in the radiation proctitis market are increasing efforts to boost the availability for hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), which is being associated with enhancing the immune system in the wake of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Companies in the radiation proctitis market are maintaining steady supply of intravenous (IV) vitamin drips, which help to strengthen the immunity of patients and help in detoxification. However, a slowdown in the global economy may have affected revenue collections in healthcare facilities. Hence, healthcare companies should adopt flexible business strategies, and team up with their stakeholders in the value chain to manage investments and product launches.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Radiation Proctitis Market
Alternative Trials Design Help Overcome Uncertainties in Controlled Trials for HBOT
HBOT is emerging as the gold standard for treating radiation toxicity. However, this treatment is being associated with side effects such as transient myopia, fatigue, and barotrauma. Moreover, patients with severe complaints refrain from participating and even opt out of randomized controlled trials. Hence, companies in the radiation proctitis market are collaborating with research institutes to create alternative trials design in order to overcome the issues in trials within cohorts design.
The approval of the U.S.-based FDA (Food & Drug Association) for HBOT is creating incremental opportunities for companies in the radiation proctitis market. This explains why the market is expected to reach US$ 748.5 Mn by 2030.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Topical Corticosteroids, Antidiarrheal Therapies Improve Medical Outcomes
Improvements in radiotherapy techniques are enabling superior delivery of radiation doses, and have the potential to easily reduce cases of both chronic and acute proctitis. Despite these advancements, the radiation proctitis market is projected to register a favorable CAGR of ~7% during the assessment period, owing to a high prevalence of radiation toxicity.
Healthcare providers in the radiation proctitis market are gaining proficiency iron substitution therapies. Manufacturers are boosting their output capacities in topical corticosteroids, sucralfate injections, and increasing R&D in antidiarrheal therapies, since the latter is gaining popularity as an aggressive means for patient care.
Intraperitoneal Injections, Colostomy Translate into Growth Opportunities for Healthcare Providers
Apart from oral therapies, companies and healthcare providers in the radiation proctitis market are offering remedial laser techniques in cases of continuous rectal bleeding. Clinicians are attempting formaldehyde administration before the surgical therapy. Healthcare professionals are conducting a descending or transverse colostomy for patients when surgery is required. Companies in the radiation proctitis market are increasing the availability of intraperitoneal injections of formalin.
Novel methods of cold therapy and radiofrequency ablation (RFA) are grabbing the attention of healthcare providers. Colostomy is gaining prominence as an effective and safe procedure for treating rectal ulcer of chronic radiation proctitis patients. Colostomy helps to control rectal bleeding and effectively relieve pain in patients.
Prostaglandins Aid in Healing of Inflammation, Wounds in Prostate Cancer Patients
The high prevalence of hemorrhagic radiation proctitis is acting as a key driver for the expansion of the radiation proctitis market. However, the lack of consensus for the management of hemorrhagic radiation proctitis is likely to inhibit market growth. Despite the challenges, clinicians are adopting rectal resection as an available option for hemorrhagic radiation proctitis management.
Healthcare companies in the radiation proctitis market are increasing their R&D in prostaglandins that aid in the healing of inflammation and wounds. This has led to the popularity of misoprostol, which is found to be efficacious in treating complications that arise in patients with prostate cancer that receive radiation therapy. Misoprostol rectal suppositories are being highly publicized for reducing the complications associated with acute and chronic radiation proctitis.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Radiation Proctitis Market
Healthcare providers are providing uncompromised care services to radiation proctitis patients despite reduced hospital and clinical visits during the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak. Even as the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) is setting guidelines for the Radiation Therapy Compendium™ Development, companies and healthcare providers are increasing efforts to gain proficiency in HBOT. However, HBOT is associated with oxygen toxicity and seizures. Hence, companies and healthcare professionals in the radiation proctitis market should encourage patients to participate in controlled trials and alternative trial design to improve medical outcomes. As such, manufacturers are increasing their focus in stool softeners and treatments that heal tissues in order to minimize patient complications.
Radiation Proctitis Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global radiation proctitis market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2020–2030, surge in adoption of advanced technologies to treat cancer is projected to boost the growth of the global market
- Radiation proctitis is inflammation of the rectum due to exposure of X rays or other ionizing radiation. The management of radiation proctitis is divided into invasive and non-invasive treatment. Non-invasive treatment includes anti-inflammatory agents, sucralfate, short-chain fatty acids, hyperbaric, and antioxidants.
Rise in Prevalence of Cancer to Drive Radiation Proctitis Market
- Increase in incidence of prostate cancer, owing to genetic alterations & family history drives the demand for advanced therapy, which, in turn, boosts the growth of the global radiation proctitis market. Prostate cancer is the second most frequently diagnosed cancer in men and the fifth leading cause of death globally. The incidence of anal cancer has increased significantly in the last decade, and is currently estimated to be ~1.5 per 100,000 in the general population of the U.S., particularly in certain population subgroups.
Increase in Adoption of Radiation Therapy to Treat Cancer to Propel Radiation Proctitis Market
- Over 14 million new cases of cancer are diagnosed globally each year. Radiation therapy (RT) has the potential to improve the rates of cure of 3.5 million people and provide palliative relief for an additional 3.5 million people.
- Radiotherapy is the most commonly use treatment for cancer regimen in countries in the West. Technological advancements with a better understanding of tumor biology at the molecular, cellular, physiological, and immunological levels have improved the treatment efficacy of radiotherapy. This is anticipated to drive the adoption of radiation therapy, which is expected to boost the global radiation proctitis market.
High Cost of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy to Hamper Radiation Proctitis Market
- Cost is one of the major factors that influences the selection of treatment. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is one of the few treatments for patients with severe radiation-induced symptoms, which include proctitis and cystitis with bleeding. Currently, hyperbaric oxygen therapy is expensive and therefore, the economically weak cannot afford it, despite the significant therapeutic effects. This acts as a major restraint of the global radiation proctitis market.
Radiation Proctitis Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global radiation proctitis market based on various attributes and recent developments
- The global radiation proctitis market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a large number of global as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global radiation proctitis market include
- Allergan plc
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Mylan, Inc. (Viatris)
- Johnson & Johnson (Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc.)
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Environmental Tectonics Corporation
- Sechrist Industries, Inc.
Radiation Proctitis Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global radiation proctitis market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are aimed at strengthening the product portfolio and investing in research & development. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global radiation proctitis market are:
- In December 2020, Pfizer, Inc. and Myovant Sciences entered into a collaboration to develop and commercialize relugolix. It is an oral gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) receptor antagonist in women’s health and oncology in the U.S. and Canada.
- In December 2019, Amneal entered into a definitive agreement under which, Amneal will acquire a 65.1% majority interest in AvKARE and its related affiliate doing business. The deal was valued at US$ 340 Mn.
- In August 2019, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd. entered into a collaboration with China Medical System Holdings. This collaboration enabled the company to enter into the generic pharmaceutical market in China.
- The report on the global radiation proctitis market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of radiation proctitis products. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global radiation proctitis market.
Radiation Proctitis Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global radiation proctitis market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global radiation proctitis market for the period 2018 - 2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global radiation proctitis market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ Indication literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global radiation proctitis market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global radiation proctitis market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global radiation proctitis market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global radiation proctitis market. The next section of the global radiation proctitis market report highlights the USPs, which include epidemiology analysis, regulatory scenario, key industry events, technological advancements, and key success factors of top players operating in the global radiation proctitis market.
The report also delves into the competition landscape of the global radiation proctitis market. Key players operating in the global radiation proctitis market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global radiation proctitis market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Radiation Proctitis Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments of the global radiation proctitis market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global radiation proctitis market in terms of revenue by 2030?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope for the global radiation proctitis market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global radiation proctitis market?
Radiation Proctitis Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global radiation proctitis market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global radiation proctitis market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global radiation proctitis market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the global radiation proctitis market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the global radiation proctitis market. The next section of the global radiation proctitis market report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, epidemiology analysis, technological advancements, and key success factors of top players in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global radiation proctitis market in terms of indication, therapy, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the radiation proctitis market.
Radiation Proctitis Market – Segmentation