Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems: Introduction
- A pulsed laser deposition (PLD) system is a system that deposits thin films, wherein pulse radiation is thrown at the targeted object inside a vacuum chamber that is placed on the beam focal plane. Generally, pulsed laser deposition is a slim deposition layer that is shot by pulsed laser radiation.
- When a pulse of laser is being absorbed by the target, quick evaporation of the target takes place. This leads to generation of a luminous plasma plume. This plume consists of a large number of molecules, atoms, electrons, ions, and molten globules.
- Moreover, the pulsed laser deposition system allows pulsed laser deposition in an environment containing inert gases such as oxygen. Inert gases are used for depositing oxides.
- A pulsed laser deposition system has several key components including a PLD system chamber, wherein deposited material gets cleaned
- Pulsed laser deposition is used in multiple applications such as MEMSs i.e. micro-electromechanical systems, low-power pressure materials, and superconductors
- Pulsed laser deposition is used in a variety of materials such as plastic substrates and metals, as it eliminates the need for chemical treatment associated with traditional coating.
Rise in Demand for Renewable Energy Boosting Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems Market
- The global solar power generation industry is expanding at a significant pace, owing to the increasing demand for renewable energy across the world. A pulsed laser deposition system fabricates solar cells with Cu2SnS3, which is a photovoltaic material used in solar cell applications. Pulsed laser deposition on solar cells helps in enhancing the efficiency and performance of solar cells, with its high level of thin film absorption and deposition. It also provides a high level of stability, even in high-humidity environments.
North America and Europe to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global pulsed laser deposition systems market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America and Europe is anticipated to dominate the global pulsed laser deposition systems market throughout the forecast period, as several manufacturers of pulsed laser deposition systems operate in this region and they are constantly investing in the development of technologically advanced products. Countries such as the U.S., Germany, the U.K., and the Netherlands contribute to the major market share of the region.
- The pulsed laser deposition systems market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period. Prominent countries such as China, Japan, and South Korea are projected to contribute to the significant market share held by the region in the next few years. On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate rate during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global pulsed laser deposition systems market was highly fragmented in 2018. Major players operating in the global market are focusing on technological advancements and new product development to meet the risen demand for pulsed laser deposition systems.
Key players operating in the global pulsed laser deposition systems market are:
- PVD Products, Inc.
- PREVAC sp. z.o.o.
- SVT Associates, Inc.
- Blue Wave Semiconductors
- Coherent, Inc.
- SURFACE systems + technology GmbH & Co. KG
- The Kurt J. Lesker Company
Global Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems Market, by Application
- Data Storage
- Water-resistant Coatings
- Display Technologies
Global Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems Market, by Component
- PLD (Pulsed Laser Deposition) Chambers
- PLD Substrate Heaters
- PLD Targets
- PLD Optical Trains
Global Pulsed Laser Deposition Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa