Prostate cancer is a cancer of the prostate gland, which is a part of the male reproductive system. Routine screening, early diagnosis, and recent treatment options have enabled increased survival of prostate cancer patients. Prostate cancer is an abnormal and uncontrolled growth of cells in the prostate gland of a male. It is the second most common cancer after skin cancer in men. It is prevalent in men over the age of 50 years. Risk factors for development of prostate cancer are old age, family history, and race. In the U.S., it is more common among the African-American population than Caucasians.
Rising prevalence of prostate cancer due to rapidly aging population, growing awareness among people, increasing demand for minimally invasive surgery, and advancements in diagnosis techniques is expected to drive the growth of the prostate cancer minimally invasive surgery market. According to World Health Organization (WHO), prostate cancer is the fourth most common cancer in both sexes combined and the second most common cancer in men. In 2012, an estimated 1.1 million men worldwide were diagnosed with prostate cancer, accounting for 15% of the cancers diagnosed in men. With an estimated 307,000 deaths in 2012, prostate cancer is the fifth leading cause of death from cancer in men (6.6% of the total deaths among men).
The prostate cancer minimally invasive surgery market has been segmented by procedure type, stages of disease progression, end-user, and geography. In terms of procedure type, the market has been categorized into laparoscopic prostatectomy, perineal prostatectomy, nerve-sparing robotic radical prostatectomy, brachytherapy, cryosurgery and others. Based on stages of disease progression, the market has been segmented into Stage A, Stage B, Stage C, and Stage D. Based on end user, the market has been segmented into hospitals, clinics, diagnostics centers and others.
Geographically, the prostate cancer minimally invasive surgery market has been categorized into five regions, North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to hold the dominant market share in terms of revenue due to increasing demand and adoption of technologically advanced products and increasing prevalence of prostate cancer. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2014, 172,258 men in the United States were diagnosed with prostate cancer, and 28,343 men died from this disease in the country. Europe is expected to be the second largest market owing to increasing demand for minimally invasive surgery. The market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period due to increasing prevalence of prostate cancer and aging population. According to American Cancer Society, Inc., prostate cancer develops mainly in older men. About 6 cases in 10 are diagnosed in men aged 65 or older, and it is rare before the age of 40. According to Asia-Pacific Regional Office of United Nations Population Fund, by 2050, one in four people in Asia and the Pacific will be over 60 years old. The population of older persons (aged over 60) in the region will triple between 2010 and 2050, reaching close to 1.3 billion people.
Major players operating in the global prostate cancer minimally invasive surgery market include Theragenics Corporation, Varian Medical Systems, Inc., C.R. Bard Inc., Intuitive Surgical, Siemens Healthineers, and others.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.