Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market
Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market (Diagnostic Test: Imaging Technique, Microbiological Tests, and Others; Wound: Stage 1, Stage 2, Stage 3, and Stage 4; and End-user: Hospitals, Nursing Homes, Homecare Settings, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Prevention Strategies Gain Importance During Coronavirus Pandemic
Given the importance of pressure ulcer (PU) prevention in patients during the coronavirus pandemic, stakeholders in the pressure ulcer diagnostics market are gaining awareness about focused prevention strategies involving skin assessment and care. In order to achieve this, stakeholders and healthcare providers are increasing the availability of diagnostic tests such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT) scan, among others.
Since stakeholders in the pressure ulcer diagnostics market are under scrutiny similar to the entire healthcare sector, stakeholders are encouraging healthcare providers to adopt prevention strategies including offloading and pressure redistribution to improve the patient quality of life. Healthcare providers are maintaining sufficient inventories for dressing and other therapeutics to reduce the incidence and prevalence of largely preventable wounds.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market
Progression of BP May Lead to Challenges in Accurate Diagnosis
The pressure ulcer diagnostics market is projected to cross US$ 1.49 Bn by 2031. Bullous pemphigoid (BP) is a severe skin disorder with high morbidity and mortality rates. However, as the condition progresses, rendering an accurate diagnosis may be a challenge for clinicians. Hence, practitioners are arriving at a diagnosis of BP by evaluating the clinical manifestations of the disorder and by obtaining a detailed patient history.
In order to improve patient outcomes, healthcare providers are conducting clinical evaluation of a pressure ulcer based on quantitative and qualitative evaluation. The acetate tracing is emerging as the gold standard for measuring wound surface area.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
mHealth Apps Proving Advantageous in Digital Wound Measurement
Mobile health (mHealth) apps are being publicized as a new business model in the pressure ulcer diagnostics market. Since acetate tracing is associated with difficulties in material availability, data storage issues, and the time needed to calculate the surface area, stakeholders and startups are bullish on expanding their medical services through mHealth apps.
mHealth apps are storming the pressure ulcer diagnostics market. These apps help use planimetry techniques that are a promising alternative to traditional wound assessment methods. Thus, to maximize the use of mHealth apps, market stakeholders must increase R&D to conduct studies on larger and more diverse wounds. The imitoMeasure is gaining popularity for digital wound measurement.
Treatment of Underlying Diseases Helps Improve Patient Outcomes
Despite awareness about the issues associated with pressure ulcers, the rates of pressure wounds remain high in long-term care facilities and nursing homes, where there is a lack of staff and optimal care is not always possible. In order to prevent decubitus ulcers, healthcare providers are creating awareness about the proper placement of patients in bed and treatment of underlying diseases.
CT is the modality of choice for assessment of bone involvement in pressure ulcers. Companies in the pressure ulcer diagnostics market are increasing their focus in CT fistulography with contrast introduction in the fistula in order to show contrast diffusion in the fistulous tract, thus allowing the evaluation of necrosis extension to the joints or bone surface.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market
Besides advanced services through MRI and CT, healthcare providers should maintain inventories for pH-balanced cleansers, dressings such as hydrocolloids, and positioning devices to improve the patient quality of life amid the COVID-19 pandemic. Pain and discomfort are being controlled with the help of analgesics. Although acetate tracing is the standard technique used to measure wound surface, using it in daily practice is linked with challenges in data storage issues, material availability, and the time needed to calculate the surface area. Hence, companies in the pressure ulcer diagnostics market should unlock value-grab opportunities in mHealth apps that help in implementing planimetry techniques.
Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market: Overview
- The global pressure ulcer diagnostics market was valued at US$ 880.50 Mn in 2020 and is projected to expand at a moderate CAGR from 2021 to 2031
- Launch of innovative pressure ulcer diagnostic products, presence of key players, rise in awareness about pressure ulcer diagnostic tools & tests, and surge in COVID-19 patients suffering from pressure ulcers & other chronic diseases are anticipated to boost the growth of the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market during the forecast period
- Pressure ulcer, also known as bed sore, pressure sore, or decubitus ulcer, is skin and tissue injury resulting from the pressure on the skin for prolonged time. Pressure ulcers are located on the skin covering heels, ankles, hips, tailbone, and other bony areas. Bedsores are likely to develop within hours or days, which should be treated at the earliest. Few bedsores take time to heal, and therefore require prevention. The different types of pressure ulcers are stage 1, stage 2, stage 3, and stage 4. Healing takes time if the wound has progressed to final stage. Hence, various diagnostic tools are available for the early detection of pressure ulcers.
- Rise in number of patients suffering from pressure ulcers and increase in admission of patients in ICU settings, nursing homes, and long-term care settings amid the COVID-19 pandemic are anticipated to fuel the growth of the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market
Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market: Segmentation
- The global pressure ulcer diagnostics market has been segmented based on diagnostic test, wound, end-user, and region
- In terms of diagnostic test, the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market has been classified into imaging techniques, microbiological tests, and others. The imaging technique segment has been segregated into magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT) scan, fluorescence imaging, ultrasound imaging, and others. The imaging technique segment accounted for major market share in 2020, as MRI systems are widely considered technology for diagnosis of pressure ulcer and adoption of standard imaging methods such as computed tomography, fluorescence imaging, and other advanced technology for early diagnosis of pressure ulcers.
- Based on wound, the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market has been bifurcated into stage 1, stage 2, stage 3, and stage 4. The stage 1 segment held the largest market share in 2020, owing to higher prevalence of stage 1 pressure ulcer in ICU admitted and elderly patients. Moreover, increase in admissions of critical patients in hospital intensive care units is expected to propel the segment during the forecast period.
- In terms of end-user, the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market has been divided into hospitals, homecare settings, nursing homes, and others. The hospitals segment accounted for the largest market share in 2020, ascribed to surge in prevalence of pressure ulcers among patients in ICU. According to research, the prevalence of hospital-acquired pressure injuries is expected to be 8.5% in adult patients.
Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market in 2020. Growth of the market in the region can be attributed to rise in prevalence of pressure ulcers in the U.S., higher expenditure on the management of pressure ulcers, which is estimated US$ 11 Bn every year, surge in hospital-acquired pressure ulcers, and rise in admission of elderly patients with pressure ulcer. According to research, 2.5 million people in the U.S. develop pressure ulcers every year, which is expected to boost the need of pressure ulcer diagnostic tools. Moreover, availability of innovative diagnostic tools, rise in awareness about pressure ulcer scanning devices, and presence of prominent players are projected to boost the growth of the pressure ulcer diagnostics market in North America during the forecast period.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Rise in prevalence of diseases leading to chronic bedsores, increase in number of COVID-19 affected pressure ulcer patients, large geriatric population in countries such as China and Japan, and surge in patient burden are anticipated to augment the pressure ulcer diagnostics market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Rise in awareness about diagnostic tools for pressure ulcers and technological advancements leading to development of imaging techniques, such as fluorescent imaging, thermal imaging, photoacoustic imaging, and sub-epidural moisture scanner for accurate detection of pressure ulcers are expected to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market are
- Bruin Biometrics LLC
- Canon Medical Systems Corporation
- Esaote SPA
- Fonar Corporation
- Bruker Corporation
- FUJIFILM Healthcare Corporation
- GE Healthcare
- Cyberdyne, Inc.
- MolecuLight, Inc.
- These players focus on adopting various strategies to launch innovative products to expand their product offerings and to strengthen geographic presence. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, key players are adopting various strategies to maintain their position and expand the pressure ulcer diagnostics product portfolio across geographies. Technological advancements and expanding footprint of domestic companies in international markets are likely to propel the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market.
Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides the overall revenue of the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market for the period of 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market.
The report comprises an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market. The next section of the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market report highlights the USPs, which includes, technological advancements, regulatory scenario by region/globally, disease prevalence across region/globally, overview of the wound management, and COVID-19 pandemic impact on the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market. Key players operating in the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market have been identified, and each of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market report.
Key Questions Answered in Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market Report
- What are the sales/revenue generated by pressure ulcer diagnostics across the globe during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which segment will have the highest revenue by 2031 and which segment will grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Strengths and weaknesses of major players in 2020
- Competitive analysis of major players in 2020
Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and health care compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key diagnostic test manufacturers has been mapped to ascertain the size of the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current global pressure ulcer diagnostics market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market in terms of diagnostic test, wound, end-user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global pressure ulcer diagnostics market.
Pressure Ulcer Diagnostics Market – Segmentation