Global Pressure Relief Mattress Market – Introduction
- Pressure relief mattresses provide relief from body and skin sores. Pressure sores such as pressure ulcers, decubitus ulcers, and bedsores are treated using pressure relief mattresses, providing comfort to the user and relaxing the muscles and tissues. People who experience restricted mobility are subject to more risks of developing soreness and pain in the back, around the neck, hip bones, tailbones, ankles, and heels. Pressure relief mattresses help in reducing discomfort caused due to immobility. Increasing obesity problems are leading to the demand for better and fast pressure relief mattresses. The recent emergence of COVID-19 has created more demand for pressure relief mattresses since people are staying at home and are facing different heath issues due to inactiveness at home. Pressure relief mattresses consist of a mattress filled with air, water, gel, and foam inside.
Increasing demand from the healthcare sector
- Pressure relief mattresses are used extensively in hospitals and medicare centers etc. Demand for pressure relief mattresses are higher from hospitals, to be used on the beds in hospitals to ensure well-being of patients, and to offer care to people suffering from body pain around the shoulders, elbows, and bony surfaces such as sacrum. Furthermore, the growing number of orthopedic cases causing pain in joints, knees, and bones coupled with bone-surgeries have led to rising demand for the product. Patients suffering from long-term illnesses requiring to stay in bed for long hours, and bed bound patients, have accelerated the demand for pressure relief mattresses. Moreover, increasing healthcare concerns such as appropriate blood circulation, redness caused to the skin, and sleeping disorders have led to a rise in demand for the right range of pressure relief mattresses.
Growing demand among the geriatric population
- Degeneration of joints in the lumbar spine is a common problem with old age population. The aging population is usually prone to osteoarthritis and spinal stenosis, resulting in lack of movement and stiffness, making daily tasks difficult. The rapidly growing elderly population along with increased life expectancy across the globe has generated demand for high-tech pressure relief mattresses such as kinetic beds, and dynamic air therapy beds. These mattresses quickly resolve the issues of sleeping, aggravate pressure points, and distribute the weight evenly on the mattresses. All these factors have propelled the growth of the pressure relief mattress market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Pressure Relief Mattresses Market, Request for a Sample
North America and Europe Considered to be the Largest Markets for Pressure Relief Mattresses
- In terms of geography, the global pressure relief mattress market can be divided into five regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America
- North America and Europe are the main markets for pressure relief mattresses. The markets are anticipated to grow at a significant rate during the forecast period due to rising occurrence of high pressure injuries among the populace, prevalence of pressure ulcers, patients who need support, and frequent incidents of bedsores among patients in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico, Netherlands, and the U.K., which is projected to surge the sale of pressure relief mattresses in the near future.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period due to rising healthcare facilities, demand for better healthcare products, and a growing geriatric population in China, India, Korea, Japan, and other Southeast Asian countries. These factors are projected to surge the demand for pressure relief mattresses in the Asia Pacific region.
Key Players Operating in the Pressure Relief Mattress Market
Leading players in the market are likely to face tough competition during the forecasted timeline. Big companies such as Hill-Rom Services Inc., Invacare Corporation, Paramount Bed Co., Ltd., and Stryker Corporation are manufacturing pressure relief mattresses globally and focusing on developing products that specifically meet the demands of consumers, such as products focusing on specific pain points in the body. The mattresses have been designed keeping in mind the consumers using the product such as elderly people, or people who are highly health conscious, or those with sore back problems. Some of the key players active in the pressure relief mattress market include:
- Abecca Healthcare
- Fazzini Srl
- Hill-Rom Services Inc.
- Invacare Corporation
- Lifeline Corporation Pte Ltd
- Paramount Bed Co., Ltd.
- Span-America Medical Systems
- Stryker Corporation
- TalleyGroup Ltd
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Pressure Relief Mattress– Research Scope
Global Pressure Relief Mattress, by Product Type
- Foam-based mattress
- Gel-based mattress
- Fiber filled mattress
- Water filled mattress
- Others (Air filled mattress)
Global Pressure Relief Mattress, by Price Category
Global Pressure Relief Mattress by Application
- Hospitals & Nursing Homes
- Specialty Physical Therapy Clinics
- Others (Fitness Centers etc.)
Global Pressure Relief Mattress, by Distribution Channel
Global Pressure Relief Mattress, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.