Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report titled, Surgical Drapes Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019–2027’. According to the report, the global surgical drapes market was valued at US$ 2,994 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of above 3.5% from 2019 to 2027.
- Surgical drapes are used in operative room during surgery to cover patient’s body to eliminate the risk of surgical site contamination by separating the surgical site from the remaining part of the patient’s body, as well as from non-sterile areas of the surgical table
- Surgical drapes are offered in different shapes sizes as well as therapy wise. Surgical drapes are the indispensable part of operating room and used for several applications from protecting the patient body to covering utilities.
- North America dominated the global surgical drapes market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period, Increasing awareness regarding use of disposable surgical drapes with technological advances with rising number of surgeries due to geriatric population are the major factor responsible for the growth of the region.
Increase in Number Of Surgical Procedures Globally To Drive Surgical Drapes Market
- Rise in number of surgeries is increasing demand for surgical drapes.
- Rise in injury cases is also one of the reasons for increase in demand for surgical drapes. Road accidents have increased considerably in countries in Asia Pacific. An alarming number of traumatic brain injury cases have been reported in countries such as Thailand, India, Australia, China, and Malaysia. According to a survey conducted by the University of Michigan’s Transportation Research Institute in 2013, Thailand ranked second in road fatalities globally, with 44 road deaths per 100,000 people.
- The rate of cesarean births is increasing in India and has already crossed the World Health Organization threshold of 15 per cent
- According to WHO, in 2018-19, India conducted 20% of the total institutional deliveries through C-section, against 18.7 % in the previous year
Incise Segment to Capture Largest Market Share
- According to types, incise surgical drapes segment is the highly contributing segment in terms of revenue for the growth of global surgical drapes market. The intense demand for incise drapes is owing to its application in wide range surgeries like cardiovascular, neurology, orthopedics, gynecology surgeries with its antibacterial properties.
Disposable Surgical Drapes To Dominate Market In Term Of Usability
- In terms of usability, the market segmented as reusable and disposable. Disposable surgical drapes dominates the global surgical drapes market. The disposable surgical drapes are generally made of nonwoven material which allows healthcare providers instant solution for surgical room preparation. Disposable surgical drapes saves maintenance cost and time such as laundering, sterilization, sorting of waste etc.
Hospital to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, hospitals segment drives the global surgical drapes market and is expected to dominate the market by registering CAGR growth of 3.9% during the forecast period. Highest number of surgeries are performed in hospitals making hospitals one of the most lucrative end user segment for global surgical drapes market. Availability of multiple treatments options in hospitals enables patients to opt more for hospitals than specialty clinics and other settings.
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global surgical drapes market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global surgical drapes market in 2019, followed by Europe.
- The growth of the surgical drapes market in North America is drive owing to its increasing technological advancements and rising demand for hygiene products. It is estimated that in U.S. approximately 20 million surgical procedures are conducted annually. North America market is dominated by disposable surgical drapes. About 90% of surgical drapes used in the U.S. are disposable. Additionally, strong reimbursement policy of Medicare and Medicaid surgical drapes in U.S. is expected to boost the North America surgical drapes market
- Key players in the global market include 3M Health Care, Cardinal Health, Medica Europe BV, Mölnlycke Health Care, Paul Hartmann AG, Ahlstrom-Munksjö and STERIS plc.among others among others.
The global surgical drapes market has been segmented as follows:
Global Surgical Drapes Market, by Types
Global Surgical Drapes Market, by Usability
Global Surgical Drapes Market, by Material
- Polyamide & Polyester
Global Surgical Drapes Market, by End Users
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Nursing Homes
Global Surgical Drapes Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
7 of 10 large enterprizes view our ToC to take the right decision.View Report ToC