Published: Jun, 2019
Global Pneumatic Cylinder Market: Overview
According to a new research report published by Transparency Market Research , the global pneumatic cylinder market is projected to reach a value of nearly US$ 1,500 Mn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2019 to 2027. The global market is expected to be influenced by a range of market-specific and macroeconomic factors during the forecast period. Demand for pneumatic cylinders is likely to be significant in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027. The market in the region is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period.
Rising adoption of industrial automation to drive the global pneumatic cylinder market
- The adoption of industrial automation has increased in recent years, owing to its advantages such as increased productivity, reduced direct human labor costs, delivery of high-quality products, and risen consistency of processes or products.
- Furthermore, deployment of pneumatic cylinders for various industrial automation applications is expected to increase in the near future, due to their low weight and compact size. Moreover, low-cost availability, minimum maintenance, and ability of pneumatic cylinders to work at extreme temperatures make them a popular choice for use in industrial automation applications.
- Pneumatic cylinders with sensors can collect information such as cylinder pressure, temperature, cycle speed, cycle counts, and travel, which is useful for real-time applications in control and monitoring of systems. Furthermore, this is anticipated to improve operations and increase productivity. Moreover, with the use of pneumatic predictive maintenance in automation, unplanned downtime can be reduced; plant availability can be increased; plant safety and equipment lifespan can be enhanced; and the number of accidents can be decreased. These advantages of pneumatic cylinders are, in turn, expected to augment the market during the forecast period.
Double-acting cylinder a highly lucrative segment of the global pneumatic cylinder market
- Double-acting pneumatic cylinder was the dominant segment of the global pneumatic cylinder market, holding more than 78% of the market share in 2018
- Double action pneumatic cylinders are more expensive than single action pneumatic cylinders, but double action cylinders are superior to single action cylinders by any other important measure. Double action cylinders are faster, stronger and use less energy to do the same job.
- In industrial application double acting pneumatic cylinders are used over single acting owing to the demand of higher speed and force.
Linear movement segment holds the leading market share
- The linear movement segment is anticipated to dominate the global pneumatic cylinder market throughout the forecast period
- Linear pneumatic cylinders are one of the most common types of pneumatic cylinder, and are found in everything and mostly used in motion control for industrial machinery. These are designed to move in two directions on a set path. They have a set distance that they can travel in either direction before they must stop.
Asia Pacific to be a highly lucrative region for pneumatic cylinder
- Europe is expected to hold a significant share of the global pneumatic cylinder market during the forecast period, owing to presence of leading manufacturers in the region.
- Furthermore, the Asia Pacific market is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, owing to low costs of raw materials in the region. Asia Pacific is emerging as a manufacturing hub for sectors such as automotive and aerospace. Countries such as China, Japan, and Australia are expected to hold a significant share of the market for pneumatic cylinders in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Global Pneumatic Cylinder Market: Competition Dynamics
- With the objective of business expansion, several players operating in the global pneumatic cylinder market are expanding their offerings through strategic mergers and acquisitions as well as partnerships. Furthermore, an increasing number of players are spending significantly on R&D activities to develop innovative and technologically advanced and smart pneumatic cylinder products.
- In July 2018, Emerson Electric Co. acquired Aventics, a provider of smart pneumatic cylinder technologies for various industries. The acquisition is expected to expand product lines of the company and expand its business in Europe.
- Some of the prominent players operating in the global pneumatic cylinder market are Bosch Rexroth AG, SMC Corporation, Emerson Electric Co., Parker Hannifin Corporation, AirTAC International Group, Sheffer Corporation, IMI Precision Engineering, Eaton Corporation, Metal Work Pneumatic, Univer Group, Hafner-Pneumatik Krämer KG, FESTO, Ingersoll-Rand Plc, CMB Srl, Pneumax S.p.a., Vesta Automation Srl, Aignep S.p.A., Waircom MBS SpA, Megliani Luigi Srl, Bonesi Pneumatik Srl, AirWork Pneumatic Equipment, CY.PAG. Srl, KPM Srl, Nexoil, and Aircomp Stampotecnica.
The global pneumatic cylinder market has been segmented as follows:
Global Pneumatic Cylinder Market, by Type
- Single-acting Cylinder
- Double-acting Cylinder
Global Pneumatic Cylinder Market, by Movement
Global Pneumatic Cylinder Market, by End-use Industry
Global Pneumatic Cylinder Market, by Geography
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
- South America
- Rest of South America
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.