GaN on Silicon Technology Market: Overview
According to a new research report pertaining to the GaN on silicon technology market, published by Transparency Market Research , the global GaN on silicon technology market is expected to surpass US$ 80 million by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of nearly 19% from 2019 to 2027. According to the report, the global Gallium nitride (GaN) on silicon technology market would continue to be influenced by a range of macroeconomic and market-specific factors during the forecast period.
Growing Popularity of GaN on Silicon Technology Driving the Global GaN on Silicon Technology Market
- Gallium nitride (GaN) is considered as a next-generation power semiconductor. With a higher breakdown strength, higher switching speed, higher thermal conductivity, and lower on-resistance, power devices based on GaN significantly outperform Si-based power chips.
- First-generation GaN-based power devices are likely to play a key role in the power conversion within battery chargers, smartphones, computers, servers, automotive lighting systems, and photovoltaic cells in the near future. At present, GaN is grown on a variety of substrates, including sapphire, silicon carbide (SiC), and silicon (Si).
- Currently, the gallium nitride on silicon (GaN-on-Si) technology has reached a high level of maturity, which explores the next-generation GaN on silicon technology with a higher level of integration (GaN-IC) and performance. These devices are widely used in radio-frequency amplifiers, high-voltage applications, and LEDs, primarily due to their abilities to operate at a high frequency, power density, and temperature with improved efficiency and linearity.
- Such innovations have greatly augmented the demand for devices with the GaN on silicon technology in various applications. In order to meet the rising demand for GaN semiconductor devices, leading players operating in the GaN on silicon technology market are utilizing economies of scale.
Consumer Electronics Segment to Account for a Leading Share of the Global GaN on Silicon Technology Market
- The Gallium nitride (GaN) on silicon technology market report offers detailed segmentation of the global GaN on silicon technology market in terms of wafer size (50 mm, 100 mm, 150 mm, and 200 mm) and end-use industries (consumer electronics, IT & telecommunication, automotive, aerospace & defense, and others). The GaN on silicon technology market has also been segmented based on region (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa).
- Among the end-use industries, the consumer electronics segment is expected to account for a leading share of the global Gallium nitride (GaN) on silicon technology market in 2019. This segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position in the GaN on silicon technology market during the forecast period.
- The better performance characteristics of gallium nitride, which have enabled the incorporation of GaN in a wide range of LEDs and high-frequency RF devices, are likely to drive the global GaN on silicon technology market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be a Highly Lucrative Region in the Global GaN on Silicon Technology Market
- Asia Pacific witnesses high investments in gallium nitride products. Due to low power consumption, high temperature resistivity, high breakdown voltage, high electron mobility, and better thermal stability, GaN-based devices are considered ‘green technology’ devices.
- M/A-COM Technology Solutions Inc., a leading supplier of high-performance analog, RF, microwave, millimeter wave, and photonic semiconductor products, announced having shipped more than one million GaN on silicon (GaN-on-Si) RF power devices to customers, to date, for use in communication, military, and other RF applications.
Investments by Key Players to Boost the Global Gallium nitride (GaN) on Silicon Technology Market
The GaN on Silicon Technology market report provides the profiles of leading players operating in the global GaN on silicon technology market. These include NXP Semiconductor, GaN Systems, Panasonic Corporation, Fujitsu Semiconductor, Transphorm Inc., Texas Instruments, Qorvo, Inc., OSRAM Opto Semiconductors GmbH, Infineon Technologies AG, and Cree, Inc.
- In May 2019, Cree, Inc. announced its plans to invest up to US$ 1 Bn in the expansion of its silicon carbide production capacity, with the development of a state-of-the-art, automated facility for 200-mm silicon carbide fabrication.
- In June 2015, Exagan, a startup innovator of the gallium nitride (GaN) semiconductor technology that enables the manufacturing of smaller and more efficient electric converters, announced to have raised EUR 5.7 Mn (US$ 6.38 Mn) in its first-round financing. These funds would be used to produce high-speed power switching devices on 200-mm wafers.
GaN on Silicon Technology Market: Segmentation
The global GaN on silicon technology market has been segmented as follows:
GaN on Silicon Technology Market by Wafer Size
- 50 mm
- 100 mm
- 150 mm
- 200 mm
GaN on Silicon Technology Market by End-use Industry
- Consumer Electronics
- IT & Telecommunication
- Aerospace & Defense
GaN on Silicon Technology Market by Geography
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information indispensable for businesses to sustain a competitive edge.
Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector - such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, food & beverages, semiconductors, med-devices, consumer goods, and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation to possible micro levels. With wider scope and stratified research methodology, TMR’s syndicated reports thrive to serve clients in their overall research requirements.
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
Email: [email protected]
7 of 10 large enterprizes view our ToC to take the right decision.View Report ToC