Blinds and Shades Market: Overview
- Increasing expenditure in households and growing awareness about indoor health and protection from UV rays are expected to boost the global blinds and shades market in the near future.
- Asia Pacific holds a prominent share of the global blinds and shades market, followed by Europe. Focus about overall safety and decoration, and awareness among consumers, hotels, and restaurants have propelled the demand for blinds and shades in these regions.
- The blinds and shades market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a notable growth rate during the forecast period, due to expansion of the hotel industry and strong product innovation among manufacturers of blinds and shades in the region.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Sample of this Report here: https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=S&rep_id=34463
Blinds and Shades Market: Driving Factors
- Blinds and shades are primarily preferred by the residential and commercial sectors for protection from sunrays, wind, dust, etc.
- A major factor driving the blinds and shades market is the rise in the number of hotels, restaurants, and cafes.
- Additionally, standards enacted by governments and various associations regarding cleanliness and hygiene are key factors boosting the attractiveness of blinds and shades among consumers.
- Modern blinds and shades contain upgraded technology and sensors, which offer several features that make the house and office a more convenient place to be in. Expansion of the blinds and shades market in developing economies due to rising income and changing consumer preference toward e-Commerce are driving the business expansion of blinds and shades manufacturers, which, in turn, is boosting the blinds and shades market.
Blinds and Shades Market: Key Challenges
- Factors restraining the growth of the blinds and shades market during the forecast period include:
- Presence of substitutes
- High maintenance cost
- In terms of product type, venetian blinds are mostly preferred by households, hotels, restaurants, and offices, owing to their convenience and cost-effectiveness.
- In terms of fabric, the synthetic segment constituted a share of ~ 80% of the global blinds and shades market in 2018. This is due to more availability of synthetic fabric. Moreover, these are more affordable and durable as compared to natural fabric blinds and shades.
- In terms of operating system, the manual segment dominates the blinds and shades market due to its better availability in the market. It is also cheaper as compared to automatic blinds and shades.
- Based on application, the residential segment dominates the market due to higher application of blinds and shades in houses, apartments, villas, etc.
- In terms of distribution channel, the offline channel dominates the blinds and shades market, since consumers want to know about the product in the physical sense. However, online retail stores are likely to be the highly preferred segment during the forecast period, due to a rise in the preference for online shopping in recent years.
- In terms of region, Asia Pacific holds a prominent share of the global blinds and shades market, followed by Europe. More number of households, cleanliness and hygiene concerns among consumers, and the growing demand for hotels has propelled the demand for blinds and shades in these regions.
Blinds and Shades Market: Competitive Landscape
- The blinds and shades market includes several players who are focused on the development of new products to cater to the rising and shifting consumer preferences.
- The reports includes the below-mentioned pointers of the major players operating in the blinds and shades market:
- Competition Matrix
- Company Overview
- Product Profiling
- Market Share Analysis (2018)
- Product innovation
- Business Strategies / Recent Developments
- Technological Advancements
- Key Mergers and Acquisitions
- Expansion Strategies
- Company Financials
Global Blinds and Shades Market: Key Segments
The global blinds and shades market has been segmented based on product, fabric, operating system, application, distribution channel, and region.
- In terms of product, the global blinds and shades market has been classified into roller shades, vertical shades/blinds, panel blinds, roman shades/blinds, venetian blinds, honeycomb shades, pleated shades, and others (mini blinds, micro blinds, etc.).
- In terms of fabric, the global blinds and shades market has been segmented into natural and synthetic.
- Operating System:
- In terms of operating system, the market has been bifurcated into manual and automatic.
- The blinds and shades market has been divided into residential and commercial, based on application. The residential segment constitutes houses, villas, apartments, bungalows, etc. The commercial segment refers to restaurants, fast food chains, hotels, etc.
- Distribution Channel:
- The market has been bifurcated into online and offline in terms of distribution channel, where the offline segment has been further sub-segmented into specialty stores, departmental stores, and mega retail stores. The online segment is segmented into company-owned portals and e-Commerce portals.
- By Region:
- Based on region, the market is classified into North America (U.S, Canada, and Rest of North America), Europe (U.K, Italy, France, Germany, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Middle East & Africa ( GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa), and South America (Argentina, Brazil, and Rest of South America)
Transparency Market Research (TMR) is a market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. TMR’s experienced team of Analysts, Researchers, and Consultants, use proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather, and analyze information. Our business offerings represent the latest and the most reliable information indispensable for businesses to sustain a competitive edge.
Each TMR syndicated research report covers a different sector - such as pharmaceuticals, chemicals, energy, food & beverages, semiconductors, med-devices, consumer goods and technology. These reports provide in-depth analysis and deep segmentation to possible micro levels. With wider scope and stratified research methodology, TMR’s syndicated reports thrive to provide clients to serve their overall research requirement.
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
7 of 10 large enterprizes view our ToC to take the right decision.View Report ToC