Blinds and Shades Market
Blinds and Shades Market (Product Type: Roller Shades, Vertical Shades/Blinds, Panel Blinds, Roman Shades/Blinds, Venetian Blinds, Honeycomb, Pleated Shades, and Others; Fabric: Natural and Synthetic; Operating System: Manual and Automated; Application: Residential and Commercial; and Distribution Channel: Online and Offline) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Blind and Shades: Features and Differences
Blinds and shades are considered as hard covering and primarily used for windows. Although the blinds and shades can feature soft materials such as the Roman shades/blinds or honeycomb slats, due to their operational uses, they come under the hard category. Blinds and shades are utilitarian products intended to filter light and provide privacy.
Blinds are multi-part, covering mostly horizontal panels that operate on string and pulley arrangement held in a head rail that elevates blinds up from the base of the window to reveal the view. In the blinds and shades market, some blinds come vertical slated that operate from side to side. Shades, however, are solid window covers produced from softer textiles. New shades are designed to attach to the base of the window frame and operate up rather than the common top-to-bottom format. These factors are driving the blinds and shades market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Blinds and Shades Market
COVID-19: Impacts and Drivers
The ongoing outbreak of the COVID-19 virus has impacted the manufacturing of blinds and shades since its onset last year. The hindrance in the supply chain and global restrictions on trading activities have led to a decline in the consumption of materials by various manufacturers globally. The world is witnessing a halt in production activities and a slump in economic activities, as nations have entered a state of lockdown, and the pandemic is expected to extend and slow down business growth throughout 2021. However, the blinds and shades market is anticipated to recover as the production of vaccines and COVID-19 medical equipment are rapidly increasing and being distributed.
The post-pandemic period is projected to drive the market with newer varieties of stylish, fashionable, innovative, fashion-forward, and energy-saving window processing solutions. The smart automated blinds and shades market is expected to be most popular, due to continuous technological advancements to improve product functionality and performance. The recovery of manufacturing activities and increased distribution will prove vital for the blinds and shades market growth. Before the COVID-19 pandemic, customers mostly preferred custom blinds and shades. However, in the near future, consumers are most likely to prefer smart window solutions to replace the electronic window blinds and shades, due to technological knowledge spreading worldwide.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Blinds and Shades Market to Witness Huge Demand Likely for Organic, Eco-friendly Products
The Roman blinds are most popular due to their excellent window dressing solutions for kitchens, dining rooms, and washrooms. Other blinds and shades such as patterned, automated, and motorized blinds and shades are being preferred for their convenience, safety, and programmable benefits. However, the blinds and shades market in the upcoming years is predicted to be influenced by cellular blinds or honeycomb blinds produced from various fabrics to form a honeycomb-like shape due to its rising prominence of energy-efficient insulating products. All the abovementioned trends are currently in a state of a pause and are expected to gain momentum due to the expanding base of middle-class homeowners and an increasing number of people spending on home furnishing products.
The Venetian blinds and Roman shades are growing in popularity among consumers and expected to hold a major share of the blinds and shades market during the forecast period. Moreover, Venetian blinds are less expensive compared to other blinds and thus, are preferred by a majority of low-income households across the globe. The demand for roller shades is anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR of 3.4% with over 30mn units by 2031. Furthermore, the global market is witnessing a rising demand for organic and eco-friendly fabrics, due to growing user inclination for healthier products and increasing concerns about toxic chemicals, pesticides, and sensitivities.
Changing Trends for Household Designs Demand Variety of Options for Window Covers
Households as well as corporates are sensitive when it comes to privacy and security. Blinds and shades are both secure as well as attractive for with improving the ambiance. They are significant in providing energy-efficient security at homes and with continuous development and innovations in the product, insulation, which is mostly required in harsh weathers, is attracting a major consumer base for blinds and shades market. Moreover, manufacturers are focusing on the durability of the products to protect customers from extreme weather conditions such as severe heat, cold, and hailstorms.
There has been a rapid rise in the number of construction activities in residential and non-residential sectors. In addition, the rise in the number of house renovations and people trying to change lifestyles has been observed in previous years. Additionally, sub-sectors within manufacturing such as transportation and aviation have assisted to sustain the construction industry. These factors are helping to increase the demand for shades and blinds market. Furthermore, the global trends for small, compact, and modest footprints to design homes are demanding window solutions to refresh their home and wall design. Owing to the abovementioned factors, the global blinds and shades market is estimated to reach the value of ~US$ 18 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Blinds and Shades Market
The global blinds and shades market is currently experiencing a halt in growth due to the ongoing pandemic. However, the market is expected to rapidly grow in the post-COVID-19 period with the Asia Pacific dominating the overall market share. The trends in interior designing and furnishing and consumer increasing expenditure are driving the global blinds and shades market. However, expensive blinds made of wood and aluminum will need to be made affordable and more durable. The automated and smart blinds and shades are anticipated to experience larger demand due to convenience, security, comfort, and better quality. Factors such as presence of large key players and distributors, rising R&D activities, and increasing demand from Asian countries are ensuring the fast growth of the blinds and shades market during the forecast period.
Blinds and Shades Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global blinds and shades market for the historical period of 2017–2019 and the forecast period of 2021–2031, rapid urbanization and industrialization in developing regions such as Asia Pacific are providing lucrative opportunities for the global blinds and shades market. Changes in lifestyle and rise in disposable income are also fueling market growth, especially in developing regions.
- In terms of revenue, the global blinds and shades market is expected to reach the value of ~US$ 18 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period
Preference for Safety, Security, and Convenience to Drive Blinds and Shades Market
- Rapid urbanization and changes in standard of living are leading to increased demand for Roman shades. Roman shades are available in different fabrics and colors, which can be selected as per the aesthetics of any building. This is likely to fuel the blinds and shades market growth across geographies.
- Moreover, the ongoing trend is of designing homes that have a smaller footprint, and are compact and modest in their space. Consumers are opting for blinds and shades as an effective option to refresh their home and wall design, as these products are used to control indoor temperatures, light, and ventilation during both hot and cold conditions.
- Furthermore, increasing demand for security in both residential and commercial places is also boosting the sale of blinds and shades in the global market. The rising popularity of customized and trendy blinds and shades will also accelerate the growth of the market.
Advancements in Technology to Create Lucrative Opportunities for Manufacturers & Distributors of Automated Blinds and Shades
- Demand for automatic and motor-operated blinds and shades is increasing in the global market due to technological advancements. Europe and North America have significantly used automated blinds and shades in their commercial and residential spaces. Automated blinds and shades are perfectly suited for commercial spaces such as offices and warehouses.
- Moreover, construction and renovation of homes are two important transformations that have shaped APAC’s emerging economies. As the population is rising, the need to build more housing units in urban and rural areas to accommodate the growing population is likely to fuel the demand for blinds and shades.
- Commercialization and rapid urbanization in evolving economies, including India, Thailand, and Indonesia will create more opportunities for the blinds and shades market
- Moreover, rapid economic development and growth of the tourism sector have also fueled the demand for blinds and shades in the global market
Blinds and Shades Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of manufacturers of blinds and shades have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global blinds and shades market are
- Ching Feng Home Fashions Co., Ltd.
- Griesser AG
- Hunter Douglas NV
- Lafayette Venetian Blind Inc.
- Lutron Electronics Company
- Mechoshade Systems LLC
- Nien Made Enterprise Co Ltd.
- Persianas Canet S.A
- Qmotion Shades
- Schenker Storen AG
- Solarfective Products Limited
- Springs Window Fashions, LLC
- TOSO CO. LTD.
Blinds and Shades Market: Key Developments
- Key players operating in the blinds and shades market such as Ching Feng Home Fashions Co., Ltd., Griesser AG, Hunter Douglas NV, Lafayette Venetian Blind Inc., Legrand, and Lutron Electronics Company are focusing on research & development and expansion of product portfolio to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global blinds and shades market are highlighted below:
- In 2019, Schenker Storen AG redesigned its EC line. The new slats are embossed to increase the service life and strengthen individual slats. The product will be able to block sunlight when the blinds are shut.
- Schenker Storen AG focuses on expanding its business by developing a wide range of innovative products with sustainable production
- Springs Window Fashions, LLC aims to strengthen its distribution channel to make its products available at different locations. In January 2021 Springs Window Fashions, LLC announced the acquisition of B&C International, a European window treatment manufacturer.
- In the global blinds and shades report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by prominent players operating in the global blinds and shades market. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global blinds and shades market.
Blinds and Shades Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global blinds and shades market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global blinds and shades market across the globe. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global blinds and shades market to illustrate how the market would grow during the forecast period, 2021–2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analyses and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret quantitative growth aspects of the global blinds and shades market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis of business strategies of leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global blinds and shades market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth of the global blinds and shades market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the global blinds and shades market, which is expected to guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Blinds and Shades Market Study
- What are the key factors influencing the blinds and shades market in each region?
- What will be the CAGR of the global blinds and shades market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the future scope and current trends in terms of product type and fabric of the global blinds and shades market?
- What is the revenue of the global blinds and shades market based on respective segments?
- Which are the key strategies used by top players of the global blinds and shades market?
- Which are the leading companies in the global blinds and shades market?
Research Methodology – Blinds and Shades Market
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global blinds and shades market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global blinds and shades market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the blinds and shades market as a primary source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from blinds and shades industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global blinds and shades market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global blinds and shades market more reliable and accurate.
Blinds and Shades Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global blinds and shades market includes information categorized into six sections ? product type, fabric, operating system, application, distribution channel, and region. Changing consumer preferences and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the blinds and shades market are discussed in detail.