Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report titled, ‘Alpha mannosidosis Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019–2027’. According to the report, the global alpha mannosidosis market was valued at US$ 7.6 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2019 to 2027.
- Alpha-mannosidosis is a rare genetic disease caused by the deficiency of an enzyme called alpha-mannosidase
- It is hereditary autosomal recessive disorder and both chromosome copies carry mutations in the alpha-mannosidase gene MAN2B1
- Alpha-mannosidase breaks down oligosaccharides. The absence of enzyme leads to accumulation of oligosaccharides inside the cell, resulting in damage of tissues and organs and leading to cell death
- Treatment of alpha-mannosidosis is suggestive and supportive. Therapy is focused at preventing and treating the difficulties of the disorder
- Some of the therapies include Bone Marrow Transplant (BMT), Peripheral blood stem cell transplantation (PBSCT), Enzyme replacement therapy (ERT), Gene Therapy and others
Patent-cliff To Drive Rare Disease Market to Drive Market
- Orphan drugs are used to treat rare diseases. Alpha-mannosidosis is a rare genetic disorder. Medications for orphan diseases are very expensive ranging from US $ 2,00,000 to US $ 4,00,000. The potential for big profits on expensive drugs is a major incentive for drug companies
- Moreover, patents on several big-name drugs are soon expected to expire, opening the door to generic drug competition and reducing drug company returns. This patent cliff makes the rare-disease market more attractive for investment by the companies.
Bone Marrow Transplant Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on treatment type, the global alpha mannosidosis market has been divided into bone marrow transplant (BMT) and enzyme replacement therapy (ERT). A bone marrow or cord blood transplant is a process to replace unhealthy bone marrow with healthy bone marrow. Bone marrow transplantation (BMT) has been shown to lead to balance of neurological function in some lysosomal storage diseases. BMT has been traditionally used to treat patients suffering from Alpha Mannosidosis, however, he high morbidity and mortality associated with the procedure has limited its use
- The major limitation of BMT is that only a very small number of cells of bone marrow origin migrate to the brain and differentiate into CNS resident macrophages (microglia).
Hospitals End-user segment to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global alpha mannosidosis market has been classified into hospitals and specialty clinics.
- Hospitals market accounted for majority of the end-user market share in 2017 and the share is continuously expected to increase till 2027
- Similarly, the hospitals market is expected to grow at considerable rate during the forecast period with increasing number of treatment procedures performed worldwide
- The specialty clinics market are expected to grow at slow pace compared to hospitals market.
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global alpha mannosidosis market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global alpha mannosidosis market in 2018, followed by Europe.
- North America accounted for major share of the global alpha mannosidosis market in 2018, owing to high prevalence rates.
- The prevalence and incidence of Alpha Mannosidosis is quite high in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific. The prevalence is generally unknown but believed to occur in approximately 1 in 10,00,000 people worldwide. It has been described in all ethnic groups.
- The alpha mannosidosis market currently only one companyhaving their products marketed. However, many companies have their products in the clinical stages that would fuel the market growth. Zymenex is the leading player in the market focusing on R&D to fight genetic diseases.The company has developed Lamazym, a recombinant enzyme indicated for patients with alpha mannosidosis.
The global alpha mannosidosis market has been segmented as follows:
- Global Alpha mannosidosis Market, by Treatment Type
- Bone Marrow Transplant
- Enzyme Replacement Therapy
- Global Alpha mannosidosis Market, by Indication
- Type I
- Type II
- Type III
- Global Alpha mannosidosis Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Global Alpha mannosidosis Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
7 of 10 large enterprizes view our Report to take the right decision.View Report