Transparency Market Research (TMR) has published a new report titled, ‘Addiction Treatment Market - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019–2027’. According to the report, the global addiction treatment market was valued at US$ 4.9 Bn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 6.7% from 2019 to 2027.
- Addiction treatment is intended to help an individuals to prevent or stop compulsive addicted products or drugs seeking. Drug abuse and addiction treatment is provided in many different settings by using a number of behavioral and pharmacological approaches.
- North America dominated the global addiction treatment market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. Rise in awareness regarding different opioid treatment programs, and increasing government initiatives to raise awareness about substance abuse, ill effects of drug are expected to drive the market in North America.
- However, Asia Pacific is likely to be a highly lucrative market for addiction treatment and it is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period
Growing Abuse of Prescription Drugs to Drive Market
- The prevalence of prescription drug abuse is increasing rapidly. This, in turn, is increasing the rate of overdose deaths and the frequency of emergency room visits. The nonmedical consumption of prescription drugs is growing very rapidly.
- According to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), more than 6.5 million people above the age of 11 used prescription drugs for non-medical reasons in 2013 in the U.S.
- According to UNODC data, globally, deaths directly caused by the use of drugs increased by 60 per cent from 2000 to 2015.
Tobacco/Nicotine Addiction Treatment Segment to Dominate Market
- Based on treatment type, the global addiction treatment market is classified into alcohol addiction treatment, tobacco/nicotine addiction treatment, opioid addiction treatment and other substance addiction treatment.
- The tobacco/nicotine addiction treatment is estimated to claim the largest market share in 2018 followed by other segments, smoking is one of the leading preventable cause of death and it is increasing across the globe. So, a large portion of tobacco/nicotine addiction treatment is funded by local states and different federal governments.
- Moreover, many private health plans provides coverage for the treatment of addiction and its consequences.
Nicotine Replacement Products to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of drug type, the global addiction treatment market has been segmented into bupropion, varenicline, acamprosate, disulfiram, naltrexone, methadone, buprenorphine, nicotine replacement products and others.
- The nicotine replacement products segment is expected to hold the major market share in 2018. The rising number of smokers especially in the U.S. has increased concerns about health risks for both smokers and passive smokers. This drives the nicotine replacement products segment of the global addiction treatment market.
Outpatient Treatment Segment to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- In terms of treatment centers, the global addiction treatment market has been segmented into outpatient treatment centers, residential treatment centers, and inpatient treatment centers.
- Outpatient treatment segment is anticipated to claim the higher share compared to the other segment and this is due to the high preference of outpatient treatment centers among addiction patients.
- According to the National Institute on Drug Abuse, treatment outcomes improve with longer periods of care. Hence, patient prefer to visit outpatient treatment centers as it is less expensive, allow patients to attend work, increased access to support from friends and family members, provides flexible timing option from treatment etc.
- So, the market share of the outpatient treatment centers is predominant over other segments and is expected to grow during the forecast period
North America to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of region, the global addiction treatment market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominated the global addiction treatment market in 2018, followed by Europe.
- North America accounted for major share of the global addiction treatment market in 2018, increased consumption of illicit drugs and the penetration of insurance plans for costly diagnosis tests, making it one of the largest markets in terms of revenue
- According to National Institute on Drug Abuse, 2013 data, the user of marijuana (an illicit drug) has increased from 5.8% in 2007 to 7.5% in 2013.
- The global addiction treatment market is fragmented in terms of number of players. Key players in the global market include Cipla Ltd., Allergan plc, Alkermes plc, Pfizer Inc.,Orexo AB, GlaxoSmithKiline plc, Purdue Pharma L.P, Mallinckrodt, and Reckitt Benckiser among others among others
The global addiction treatment market has been segmented as follows:
- Global Addiction Treatment Market, by Treatment
- Alcohol Addiction Treatment
- Tobacco/Nicotine Addiction Treatment
- Opioid Addiction Treatment
- Other Substances Addiction Treatment
- Global Addiction Treatment Market, by Drug Type
- Nicotine Replacement Products
- Global Addiction Treatment Market, by Treatment Center
- Outpatients Treatment Centers
- Residential Treatment Centers
- Inpatients Treatment Centers
- Global Addiction Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Medical Stores
- Global Addiction Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Transparency Market Research is a global market intelligence company, providing global business information reports and services. Our exclusive blend of quantitative forecasting and trends analysis provides forward-looking insight for thousands of decision makers. Our experienced team of analysts, researchers, and consultants, uses proprietary data sources and various tools and techniques to gather and analyze information.
Our data repository is continuously updated and revised by a team of research experts, so that it always reflects the latest trends and information. With a broad research and analysis capability, Transparency Market Research employs rigorous primary and secondary research techniques in developing distinctive data sets and research material for business reports.
Transparency Market Research,
90 State Street, Suite 700,
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453
7 of 10 large enterprizes view our ToC to take the right decision.View Report ToC