Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment: Introduction
- Postpartum depression (PPD) affects some women after giving birth to a baby. Key symptoms are anxiety, changes in sleeping & eating patterns, sadness, low energy, and irritability.
- PPD develops within 4 weeks to 6 weeks after giving birth or could appear after a few months of delivery. It does not affect all pregnant women; however, is seen mostly after 3 months to 6 months of childbirth. This could lead to symptoms affecting psychological behavior such as low mood that lasts for longer than a week, crying, reduced motivation, and feeling of inadequacy.
- Physical changes of pregnancy, complicated or difficult labor, loneliness, a history of mental health problems, and hormonal changes are the other factors contributing to PPD
- Postpartum depression (PPD) treatment includes counseling, help of support groups, and medications
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
- The global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market is primarily driven by launch of new products, recent product approvals from regulatory bodies such as the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and increase in awareness about PPD
- In March 2019, the FDA granted approval for Zulresso (brexanolone) injection for the treatment of postpartum depression (PPD) in adult women. The drug is manufactured by Sage Therapeutics, Inc., a pharmaceutical company based in the U.S.
- Additionally, non-government organizations undertake a number of awareness programs for PPD which enable women to gain knowledge about the condition and avoid complications during child birth
Selective Allosteric Modulators of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid Type A (GABA (A)) Receptor Segment to Capture Significant Market Share
- Based on drug class, the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market can be classified into selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), serotonin-norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SNRI), and selective allosteric modulators of gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABA(A)) receptor
- The selective allosteric modulators of gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABA(A)) receptor segment is anticipated to capture significant share of the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market during the forecast period, owing to launch of branded drugs in this drug class and rise in adoption of new therapies for PPD.
Branded Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
- In terms of drug type, the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market can be bifurcated into branded and generics. The branded segment is projected to account for the largest market share due to increase in availability of branded drugs. However, high cost of these drugs is likely to restrain the segment.
Oral Segment to Offer Significant Opportunities in Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
- Based on route of administration, the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market can be categorized into oral and intravenous
- The oral segment is expected to account for major share of the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market by 2027. The segment is projected to be driven by high availability of orally administered drugs in the form of tablets, capsules, and oral solution.
Hospital Pharmacies Segment to Capture Significant Share of Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
- In terms of distribution channel, the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market can be divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The online pharmacies segment is anticipated to offer significant opportunities, especially in the developed countries in North America and Europe.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market, Ask for a Customized Report
North America to Dominate Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
- In terms of region, the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is expected to dominate the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market during the forecast period.
- Rise in prevalence of postpartum depression in the U.S. and strengthening R&D efforts by market players are likely to drive the market in North America during the forecast period
- According to the PostpartumDepression.org, 70% to 80% of women in the U.S. are likely to experience postpartum depression
Key Players Operating in Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market
The global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global postpartum depression (PPD) treatment market are:
- Sage Therapeutics
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Sebela Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market: Research Scope
Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market, by Drug Class
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitor (SNRI)
- Selective Allosteric Modulators of Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid type A (GABA(A)) Receptor
Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market, by Drug Type
Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market, by Route of Administration
Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Postpartum Depression (PPD) Treatment Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.