Portable Ventilators: Introduction
- Portable ventilators are used to deliver oxygen to patients when required. These ventilators are used in hospitals and day care centers for continuous oxygen supply when a COPD patient is unconsciousness or when there is discomfort due to breathing problems. Rise in hospital admissions owing to increase in incidence of COPD and surge in emphasis on home care are projected to drive the global portable ventilators market.
- Presently, usage of portable ventilators has increased due to the outbreak of Covid-19 across the world. As technology advances, portable ventilators are likely to be integrated with next-gen capabilities that enhance their functionality, thereby improving the way care is provided.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Portable Ventilators Market
- The world is currently experiencing the pandemic of an infectious disease called COVID-19. This infection leads to multiple organ failure, acute & severe respiratory disorders, pneumonia, and even death in severe cases. Hence, surge in number of people with coronavirus infections is anticipated to propel the global portable ventilators market. According to the World Health Organization, globally, 1,918,138 confirmed cases of COVID-19 were recorded as of April 15, 2020. Additionally, in the context of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak, the serious coronavirus positive patients need to be put on ventilators. This in turn increases demand for portable ventilators. Hence, rise in demand for portable ventilators is likely boost the growth of the global market.
- Life expectancy of people has increased in the last decade. This has led to large population in the above reproducible age group. The immune system of a person weakens with age. Hence, increase in geriatric population has led to high risk of contracting diseases in this age group. COPD occurs most often in older people, but can also affect the middle-aged population. Aging increases the risk of contracting respiratory diseases, which is expected to boost demand for respiratory therapeutic and diagnostic devices during the forecast period.
- Increase in government expenditure on health care provides citizens with access to health care services at affordable cost. This is a crucial factor boosting the respiratory devices/products market in emerging economies. According to WHO statistics, per capita health care expenditure has risen across the globe. The health care expenditure in South Africa increased from 8.5% to 8.8% of the GDP from 2013 to 2017.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
North America to Lead Global Portable Ventilators Market
- The global portable ventilators market can be segmented into five key regions: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe are expected to account for major share of the global portable ventilators market during the forecast period, owing to well-established health care infrastructure and large patient population along with increase in technological developments. According to the National Statistics Group, health spending is projected to increase at an average rate of 5.8% from 2012 to 2022 in the U.S., which is 1% faster than expected average annual growth in GDP. The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a higher CAGR during the forecast period. Increase in health care spending and improving health care infrastructure are projected to drive the portable ventilators market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Portable Ventilators Market
The global portable ventilators market is consolidated due to the presence of small number of key players. Demand for portable ventilators has increased in emerging as well as developed markets owing to rise in prevalence of infectious diseases such as COVID-19. Growth strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global market. Players are adopting the strategy of appointing third-party distributors to expand market presence. This has led to a surge in the number of distributors and suppliers in the emerging markets.
Leading companies operating in the global portable ventilators market are:
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Vyaire Medical
- Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- GE Healthcare
- Medtronic plc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Smiths Medical
- ResMed, Inc.
- Flight Medical Innovations Ltd.
- HAROL S.r.l.
- Vygon SA
- Getinge AB
- Vapotherm, Inc.
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Portable Ventilators Market: Research Scope
Global Portable Ventilators Market, by Product
Global Portable Ventilators Market, by Interface
Global Portable Ventilators Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Ambulatory Care Centers
- Home Care
Global Portable Ventilators Market, by Age Group
Global Portable Ventilators Market, by Mode
- Pressure Mode Ventilation
- Volume Mode Ventilation
- Combined Mode Ventilation
Global Portable Ventilators Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.