Polypill Products Market
Polypill Products Market (Application: Cardiovascular, Diabetes Mellitus, Anti-infective, and Others; and Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Demand for Polypill Products to Scale New Heights as Studies Focus on Reducing Side Effects
The healthcare sector worldwide continues to embrace new medical treatments, therapies, and drugs. At present, cardiovascular diseases are considered to be the leading causes of death worldwide due to which, research and development activities pertaining to the treatment of an array of cardiovascular diseases have gained considerable momentum. Although international guidelines advocate the adoption of statins, aspirin, and pressure-lowering therapy for individuals with a history of cardiovascular condition, the adoption of these medications is relatively low. Multiple clinical trials have revealed that the combination of these medications with a polypill product is likely to improve systolic blood pressure, adherence, and low-density lipoprotein cholesterol.
Although the demand for polypill products is expected to witness steady growth during the forecast period, mounting safety concerns surrounding the use of polypill products could hamper its adoption. Research and development activities within the polypill products market are largely focused on minimizing the side effects and investigating the consequences of non-adherence to polypill products in comparison with individual medication. Thus, due to a surge in the prevalence of chronic diseases across the world, the demand for polypill products is projected to witness notable growth in the coming years. At the back of these factors, the global polypill products market is expected to reach market value of ~US$ 35 Bn by the end of 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Polypill Products Market
Efforts to Improve Medication Adherence to Increase Demand for Polypill Products
High cholesterol and high blood pressure are some of the leading causes of cardiovascular deaths worldwide. Although there are treatments and medications available to address these conditions, they are left undertreated particularly in the underdeveloped and developing regions. The lack of adequate prescription and poor medication adherence are some of the leading factors as to why high cholesterol and high blood pressure are undertreated across the world. One of the potential methods to enhance medication adherence that is currently being investigated is the combination of one or more medications into a polypill.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Some of the major factors that are likely to boost the adoption of polypill products during the forecast period include lower dosage of different medications, which, in turn are projected to reduce the side effects. In addition, players operating in the current polypill products market are expected to advertise polypill products as an easy to remember medication and convenience as the USP to improve their sales. In addition, polypill products have also emerged as a cost-effective medication alternative and likely to replace therapies that require multiple medications.
Despite factors that are likely to increase the demand for polypill products in the coming years, the potential side-effects, overtreatment, undesirable interaction of different medication, and low dosing flexibility are some of the factors that could hinder the demand.
Advent of 3D Printed Drugs to Boost Polypill Products Market
Novel technologies such as 3D printing have played a key role in revolutionizing manufacturing processes in various industries, including automotive, aerospace, and dental. The narrative stands true within the healthcare sector wherein 3D printing is gradually making its mark. Most recently, 3D printing is increasingly being used to develop personalized drugs with improved reliability. The exceptional capability of 3D printing to develop medication with high degree of precision particularly in tune with the requirement of patients is expected to increase the adoption of 3D printing in the polypill products market. Several pharmaceutical companies are inclined toward adopting 3D printing medicines with different drug compounds such as polypills. The growing awareness regarding the benefits of 3D printed medicines is likely to influence the demand for 3D printed polypill products in the coming years.
While new technologies continue to make inroads in the healthcare sector, research and development activities will continue to accelerate the development of new polypill products. Several studies within the polypill products market aim toward the discovery of new polypill products and the potential benefits of the same. For instance, a recent study that is published in the New England Journal of Medicine reveals that polypill products have significant potential in lowering cholesterol and blood pressure among individuals suffering from cardiovascular problems.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The global polypill products market is expected to grow at a sluggish CAGR of ~2% during the forecast period. Some of the leading factors that are expected to contribute to market growth include a high prevalence of cardiovascular diseases worldwide, gradual adoption of new technologies, including 3D printing to develop polypill products, lower medication cost compared to multiple medications, and research & development activities. Companies operating in the current market landscape should focus on research and development to improve the efficacy of polypill products and simultaneously lower the development costs. The advent of the 3D printing technology could open up new avenues for players in the polypill products market in the coming years.
Polypill Products Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global polypill products market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, high incidence and prevalence of chronic diseases such as cardiovascular and diabetes mellitus boost the growth of the global polypill products market. Moreover, low cost of products is projected to drive the global polypill products market during the forecast period.
- According to the report, the global polypill products market was valued at US$ 29.7 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~2% from 2019 to 2027
Rise in Prevalence of Chronic Diseases and Increase in Focus on R&D: Key Drivers
- Sedentary lifestyle and unhealthy diet have increased the prevalence and incidence of chronic diseases. According to the American Heart Association, cardiovascular diseases is the leading cause of death across the globe. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cardiovascular diseases accounted for an estimated 17.9 million deaths across the world in 2016. This number is expected to increase to 23.6 million by 2030.
- Increase in the global geriatric population, which is more prone to chronic diseases, is expected to drive the growth of the global polypill products market. According to the Global Burden of Cardiovascular Diseases (2015), the prevalence of stroke increases above 40 years of age.
- Combination of multiple drugs in one dosage form, high adherence among the elderly population, and rise in utilization of polypill products are the major advantages offered by polypill products over other formulations
- The factors mentioned above drive the demand for new polypill products. Industry players are investing in research & development to develop and introduce new polypill products to address the need and demand, which in turn is likely to augment the global polypill products market.
Low Cost and Patient Compliance Propel Polypill Products Market
- Polypill is a fixed dose combination used in the treatment of various chronic diseases. This combination pharmacotherapy offers the potential to decrease the incidence and prevalence of cardiovascular and other diseases.
- Cost of product and treatment is a major factor that influences the selection of treatment. Therefore, low cost of polypill products is boosting adoption.
Patent Expiry and Introduction of Generic Products to Hamper Polypill Products Market
- Launch of new generic polypill products hampers the global polypill products market. In May 2017, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved a generic version of the anti-cholesterol drug Vytorin.
- A number of products will go off patent in the U.S. and Europe in 2021, 2022, and 2025. Patent expiry of products affects market revenue, which in turn is likely to restrain the global polypill products market.
Polypill Products Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global polypill products market based on various attributes and recent developments
- The global polypill products market is highly fragmented, with the presence of a number of international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global polypill products market are
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc. (Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp)
- Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Johnson & Johnson)
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Cipla, Inc.
- Cadila Pharmaceuticals
- Grupo Ferrer International,
- Gebro Pharma GmbH
- Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
Polypill Products Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global polypill products market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are aimed at addressing unmet needs in the market, strengthening the product portfolio, and investing in research & development. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global polypill products market are:
- In January 2020, AstraZeneca announced that the supplemental New Drug Application for Lynparza (olaparib) in combination with bevacizumab had been accepted and granted Priority Review in the U.S. for the treatment of ovarian cancer
- In December 2019, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration accepted Pfizer’s supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) for BRAFTOVI (encorafenib) in combination with ERBITUX (cetuximab)
- In September 2019, Merck & Co., Inc. announced the pivotal study phase 3 RECARBRIO (imipenem 500 mg, cilastatin 500 mg, and relebactam 250 mg)
- In June 2019, Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced collaboration with the University of California, Berkeley (UC Berkeley) and the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) to expand the data science research in healthcare
- The report on the global polypill products market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of polypill products. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global polypill products market.
Polypill Products Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global polypill products market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global polypill products market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global polypill products market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global polypill products market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global polypill products market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global polypill products market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global polypill products market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global polypill products market. Key players operating in the global polypill products market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global polypill products market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Polypill Products Market Report
- What is the scope of growth for product companies in the global polypill products market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global polypill products market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global polypill products market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for polypill products?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global polypill products market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global polypill products market?
A unique methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global polypill products market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global polypill products market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the polypill products market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the polypill products market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global polypill products market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues of each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global polypill products more reliably and accurately.
Polypill Products Market - Segmentation
Middle East & Africa