Polyclonal Antibody Market: Introduction
- Polyclonal antibodies are derived from mixture of antibodies that signify natural immune response to antigen. Polyclonal antibody production includes repeated immunization of an animal with preferred antigen.
- Polyclonal antibodies are a combination of antibodies secreted by various B cell lineages. These antibodies are essentially a group of immunoglobulin molecules that respond against a particular antigen, each isolating a different epitope on an antigen. Generally, the antibodies are formed by inoculation of a suitable mammal, such as a rabbit, mouse, or goat. Larger mammals are regularly preferred, as the amount of serum that can be collected is greater. The antigen is injected into the mammal, which prompts the B lymphocytes to produce immunoglobulin G (IgG) precisely for that antigen.
Global Polyclonal Antibody Market: Key Trends
- Increase in number of research & development activities across the globe by major pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies is projected to drive the global polyclonal antibodies market during the forecast period
- Companies operating in the global polyclonal antibody market focus on various strategies to retain their positions in the highly competitive market. Partnership, mergers & acquisitions, collaboration, and research activities are some of the strategies adopted by industry leaders in the global polyclonal antibody market.
- Increase in incidence of infectious diseases and rise in prevalence of cancer globally are the other factors anticipated to drive the global polyclonal antibody market
- Stringent government regulations and less standard validation process of production are expected to restrain the global market during the forecast period
Global Polyclonal Antibody Market Segmentation
- In terms of type, the global polyclonal antibody market can be bifurcated into primary antibody and secondary antibody. The secondary antibody segment accounted for the largest market share in 2020 due to better recognition of multiple epitopes on primary antibodies.
- Based on application, the global polyclonal antibody market can be classified into academic research and commercial. The commercial segment is likely to capture significant market share during the forecast period due to increase in number of biopharmaceutical and biotechnology companies that produce large volume of polyclonal antibodies.
North America held Major Share of Global Polyclonal Antibody Market
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to continuous ongoing research & development activities. Moreover, presence of leading players is anticipated to drive the polyclonal antibody market in the region in the next few years. For instance, in March 2020, GigaGen, Inc., a biotechnology company, announced that it has developed a recombinant polyclonal antibody therapy for the treatment of COVID-19.
Key Players Operating in Global Polyclonal Antibody Market
Major players operating in the global polyclonal antibody market are:
- Agilent Technologies
- Capra Science
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Creative Diagnostics
- Lonza Group
- Genway Biotech
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Innovagen AB
- Merck Millipore
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- Abcam plc
- Cell Signaling Technology, Inc.
- IGY Life Sciences
Global Polyclonal Antibody Market: Research Scope
Global Polyclonal Antibody Market, by Type
- Primary Antibody
- Secondary Antibody
Global Polyclonal Antibody Market, by Application
- Academic Research
- Commercial Application
Global Polyclonal Antibody Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!