Periodontal Therapeutics Market
Periodontal Therapeutics Market (Product Type - Systemic Antibiotics (Doxycycline, Minocycline, Metronidazole), Local Antibiotics (Arestin, Atridox, PerioChip); Distribution Channel - Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Drug Stores, E-commerce - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global periodontal therapeutics market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, rise in reported cases of periodontitis, Increase in prevalence of diabetes, rise in global geriatric population and surge in awareness about oral health are projected to drive the global periodontal therapeutics market
- According to the report, the global periodontal therapeutics market was valued at US$ 536.8 Mn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 8.8% from 2019 to 2027
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Enteric Periodontal Therapeutics Market
Rise in Global Burden of Periodontal Diseases: A Key Driver
- Periodontal diseases comprising gingivitis and periodontitis are prevalent both in developing and developed countries and affect around 20% to 50% of the global population
- According to the Global Burden of Disease Study (GBD, 1990–2010), severe periodontitis is the 6th most prevalent disease worldwide, and has an overall prevalence of 11.2% and an estimated 743 million people worldwide are affected by it. The global burden of periodontal diseases has increased by as much as 57.3% from 1990 to 2010.
- Periodontitis is one of the major causes of tooth loss in adult population across the world. These individuals are at risk of edentulism, masticatory dysfunction, and multiple tooth loss which in turn affects nutrition, self-esteem, and quality of life as well as imposes high health care and significant socio-economic costs.
- The global cost of lost productivity due to severe periodontitis is estimated to be around US$ 54 Bn per year, while the total economic impact of periodontal diseases accounts for a major component of the US$ 442 Bn direct and indirect cost caused due to oral diseases.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Surge in Awareness About Oral Health to Augment Global Market
- Oral health programs work for formulation of national and community policies on effective control of diet and nutrition risk factors for oral diseases such as periodontal disease, dental disease, etc.
- Periodontal diseases have a significant socio-economic impact on populations and governments across the world; however, treatment to these diseases still remains unavailable in developing countries due to low priority accorded to these diseases
- The Global Periodontal Health Project (GPHP) was launched in October 2015 in order to reduce the overall global burden of periodontal diseases. The project aims to decrease the burden associated with these diseases by raising awareness of its impact and engaging oral health and other health professionals, policymakers, educators, and the general public in promoting periodontal health.
- The Global Periodontal Health Project aims to make periodontal health a priority issue at the national level by engaging with Ministers of Health, Chief Dental Officers and the local populations, and also increase the disease awareness levels by actively disseminating dental educational promotional tools.
Uninsured Dental Care in Several Developed and Developing Countries to Hamper Global Periodontal Therapeutics Market
- Advanced dental and periodontal procedures turn out to be too expensive for an average citizen in both developed and developing countries
- Oral health care coverage is seen to be low in low- and middle-income countries. Dental care is not insured in several developed countries such as Canada and the U.S. In the U.S., only the most rudimentary dental care is covered by health insurance plan. According to the National Association of Dental Plans, over 114 million people in the U.S. were known to be without dental coverage in 2014.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Periodontal Therapeutics Market
- North America is projected to account for leading share of the global periodontal therapeutics market due to rise in product approvals, well-established health care infrastructure, increase in technological advancements, rise in number of well-equipped laboratories, surge in research & developmental activities in periodontal therapeutics, and presence of key players
- The periodontal therapeutics market in Asia Pacific is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to increase in geriatric population, rise in research & developmental activities, surge in initiatives by governments in the health care sector, and rise in interest of key players in expanding presence in the region
Global Periodontal Therapeutics Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global periodontal therapeutics market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Key players operating in the global periodontal therapeutics market include
- Den-Mat Holdings, LLC
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc.
- Dexcel Pharma
- 3M Company
- Oral Science
- Kaken Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Periodontal Therapeutics Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global periodontal therapeutics market have adopted strategies such as regulatory approvals, advanced product development, launch of new products, increase in investments and funds, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies of key players are likely to fuel the growth of the global periodontal therapeutics market. Recent developments in line with these strategies by players operating in the global periodontal therapeutics market are:
- In February 2017, Oral Science announced its decision to launch Fluorimax, a next-generation of fluoride varnishes intended to be used for the treatment of dental caries
- In November 2016, Kaken Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. announced that the company’s REGROTH Dental Kit, a medicinal product used for periodontal regeneration was listed on Japan’s National Health Insurance (NHI) drug reimbursement price list
The report on the global periodontal therapeutics market discusses individual strategies followed by company profiles of manufacturers of periodontal therapeutics treatment products. The competitive landscape section has been included in the periodontal therapeutics market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global periodontal therapeutics market.
TMR’s report on the global periodontal therapeutics market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period 2019–2027. The report provides the revenue of the global periodontal therapeutics market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global periodontal therapeutics market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global periodontal therapeutics market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global periodontal therapeutics market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global periodontal therapeutics market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing players in the periodontal therapeutics market as well as for entities interested in entering the global market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global periodontal therapeutics market. Key players operating in the global periodontal therapeutics market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global periodontal therapeutics market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Periodontal Therapeutics Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global periodontal therapeutics market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global periodontal therapeutics market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of pipeline Systemic Antibiotics on the global periodontal therapeutics market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for providers of periodontal therapeutics treatment products?
- Which factors will hamper the growth of the global periodontal therapeutics market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global periodontal therapeutics market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global Periodontal Therapeutics market and arrive at conclusions on the growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred by analysts during the production of the global periodontal therapeutics market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global periodontal therapeutics market as primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from leaders in the periodontal therapeutics market. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global periodontal therapeutics market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and two bottom-up approaches to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global periodontal therapeutics market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Global Periodontal Therapeutics Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Periodontal Therapeutics Market – Segmentation
Middle East & Africa