Pericardiocentesis Procedures Market
Pericardiocentesis Procedures Market (Indication: Infections, Malignancies, Inflammatory/Rheumatology, Cardiac, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Cardiac Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
CT-guided Catheter Drainage Method Aids in Assessment of Postoperative PE Cases
Several methods are being used for the treatment of pericardial effusion (PE) in the pericardiocentesis procedures market. As such, there is a growing awareness about echocardiography (ECHO) as one of the most valuable tools for assessing PE. M-mode ECHO is advantageous to detect even a small amount of fluid accumulated in the pericardium sac around the heart. Thus, advanced medical practices in the pericardiocentesis procedures market are boosting its revenue, which is anticipated to reach a value of ~US$ 230 Mn by the end of 2027.
Tomography and MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) are also emerging as effective tools for the detection of PE. Likewise, CT (Computed Tomography) is being highly publicized as a guiding method in pericardiocentesis procedures. CT also helps in the assessment of postoperative PE. High frequency of localized effusion in postoperative cases has created a demand for CT. As such, CT-guided catheter drainage method is gaining popularity in pericardiocentesis procedures. Healthcare practitioners, especially in cardiac centers are focusing on reduced morbidity and mortality to build their credibility in the market landscape.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Pericardiocentesis Procedures Market
ECHO Machines and Other Tools Reduce Complications during Pericardiocentesis Procedures
Pericardiocentesis procedures are being performed using real-time imaging adjuncts such as transthoracic echocardiography (TTE) or fluoroscopy in order to reduce procedural complications among patients. These procedures are conducted using ECHO machines and require sterile drapes, syringes, needles and local anesthetics, among others. Hence, stakeholders in the pericardiocentesis procedures market are strategizing on increasing their production capacities to increase the availability of equipment and tools that help to overcome any hurdles that healthcare practitioners might come across.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Cardiac indications of hemodynamic instability and cardiac arrest have led to high prevalence of emergency PE cases worldwide. This explains why the revenue of cardiac indications is projected for exponential growth in the pericardiocentesis procedures market. Other prerequisites such as alligator clip connectors and novel nasogastric tubes are being increasingly used to lower the risk of gastric perforation during surgical procedures. Growing awareness about patient positioning and monitoring are bolstering the credibility of cardiologists and surgeons in hospitals.
Ultrasound-guided Pericardiocentesis Makes Surgeons More Proficient in Treatment of Cardiac Tamponade
Currently, the highest number of pericardiocentesis procedures are anticipated to be carried out in North America and Europe by the end of 2020. However, expensive simulations models are posing as a hurdle for learners and practitioners in the market for pericardiocentesis procedures. This explains why the pericardiocentesis procedures market is projected to expand at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. Hence, companies are increasing their research in the low-cost and reusable ultrasound pericardiocentesis simulation model, which is transforming the lives of emergency medicine residents and emergency medicine-bound students.
Cardiac tamponade is a time sensitive and life-threatening condition that demands immediate intervention. Though incidence rate of cardiac tamponade among the U.S. population is much less, it is crucial for cardiologists, surgeons, and radiologists to be proficient during the life-saving procedure. Hence, ultrasound-guided pericardiocentesis is generating lucrative opportunities for growth in the pericardiocentesis procedures market.
Ongoing Research and Education Support High-quality and Innovative Therapeutic Treatments
Companies in the pericardiocentesis procedures market are increasing their efforts in research and education to offer high quality and innovative therapies to patients. They are adopting the multi-disciplinary approach for comprehensive care of patients with pericardial diseases. With the help of state-of-the-art diagnostic testing healthcare providers in the pericardiocentesis procedures market are improving their clinical numbers. In order to improve patient quality of life, cardiologists and clinicians are informing the patients about the possible risks and benefits of pericardiocentesis procedures. In order to further enhance healthcare outcomes, the use of ultrasound or fluoroscopy is highly recommended for lowering the risks of complications during surgical procedures.
ECHO machines are being increasingly used for the diagnosis of PE, and also to determine the severity of the effusion. Other treatment methods such as subxiphoid tube pericardiostomy and anterior thoracotomy with pericardiopleural window opening are generating revenue streams for healthcare providers. Pericardiocentesis procedures are being preferred by individuals after thorough analysis of the patient’s medical history.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Apart from cardiac applications, the market value share of malignancies is projected to take a leap from ~35% in 2018 to an estimated 38.5% by 2027. Since PE, cardiac tamponade, and other pericardial diseases are some of the life-threatening diseases and demand immediate intervention, there is a surging need for experienced cardiologists and surgeons that help to improve patient outcomes.
Low-cost ultrasound-guided pericardiocentesis is one of the key takeaways that is being highly publicized for making practitioners more proficient in surgical procedures. However, several cardiologists and surgeons lack thorough knowledge about uncorrected coagulopathy and about the anatomy of the chest, thus resulting in complications in patients. Since withdrawal of even small amount of fluid significantly extends the lifetime expectancy of patients by several months and years, companies should increase awareness about patient positioning and monitoring to reduce complications during procedures.
Pericardiocentesis Procedures Market: Overview
- The global pericardiocentesis procedures market was valued at ~US$ 161 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a high CAGR from 2019 to 2027. Globally, around 10,047 pericardiocentesis surgeries were performed in 2018. High prevalence and increase in incidence rate of cancer, cardiovascular diseases, and infectious diseases across the globe and rapidly increasing geriatric population are anticipated to fuel the growth of the global pericardiocentesis procedures market.
- Pericardiocentesis is a minimally invasive cardiac surgery performed to aspire the excess pericardial fluid accumulated in pericardium sac due to various medical conditions. Pericardiocentesis is one of the most promising surgeries performed for the early management of large, symptomatic pericardial effusion and cardiac tamponade.
- The pericardial effusion is a result of cardiac tamponade that leads to life threatening compression of heart due to increased pericardial fluid
- A number of medical conditions could lead to the development of cardiac tamponade. These are breast cancer, lung cancer, lymphoma, bacterial & viral infections, tuberculosis, trauma & damage near heart, post radiation therapy & chemotherapy complications, end-stage renal diseases, and cardiovascular disorders.
- The global pericardiocentesis procedures market is expected to be driven by high prevalence and increase in incidence rate of malignancy cancer cases and rapidly increasing geriatric population across the globe. According to the World Cancer Research Fund Organization, 2,088,849 cases of breast cancer were reported globally in 2018. The organization estimated that the number of breast cancer cases would reach 5.5 million across the world by the end of 2030.
- Gradual shift from open heart surgery to minimally invasive surgeries is one of the major trends in cardiac surgeries across the globe. In countries such as India, minimally invasive surgeries are preferred by cardiac surgeons. It is gaining momentum in various parts of the country driven by an increase in deployment of advanced medical technologies at tertiary care centers. Increase in minimally invasive cardiac surgeries at healthcare facilities is likely to transform the delivery of care and provide positive outcomes.
Pericardiocentesis Procedures Market: Segmentation
- The global pericardiocentesis procedures market has been segmented based on indication, end user, and region
- In terms of indication, the global pericardiocentesis procedures market has been categorized into infections, malignancies, cardiac, inflammatory/rheumatology, and others. The malignancies segment is projected to lead the global pericardiocentesis procedures market during the forecast period. The segment has been classified into lung cancer, breast cancer, lymphoma, and others.
- Based on end user, the global pericardiocentesis procedures market has been divided into hospitals, cardiac centers, and others. The hospitals segment dominated the global pericardiocentesis procedures market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue from 2019 to 2027.
Pericardiocentesis Procedures Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global pericardiocentesis procedures market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2018 and is likely to gain market share by the end of 2027. The region’s dominance in terms of market share can be attributed to high prevalence and increase in incidence of cancer and cardiovascular diseases in the U.S. and Canada, and well-established healthcare facilities. High per capita healthcare expenditure, favorable medical reimbursement policies, and early adoption of minimally invasive surgeries can be attributed to the region’s large share of the global pericardiocentesis procedures market in 2018.
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing market for pericardiocentesis procedures during the forecast period. Japan dominated the market in the region in 2018. The market in India is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period.
- The pericardiocentesis procedures market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a high CAGR from 2019 to 2027
Pericardiocentesis Procedures Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global pericardiocentesis procedures market are
- Cleveland Clinic
- NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital
- The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Saint George Hospital
- Buddhist Tzu Chi Medical Foundation
- J.W. Goethe University Hospital
- The University of Tokyo Hospital
- Mediclinic International
- Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Ltd.
- These players focus on adopting organic and inorganic growth strategies to expand facility footprint. These companies have adopted strategies such as collaborations & acquisitions, expansion of geographic footprint, and investment in facility infrastructure in order to be competitive in the global pericardiocentesis procedures market.
Pericardiocentesis Procedures Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global pericardiocentesis procedures market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the revenue and volume (number of procedures) of the global pericardiocentesis procedures market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global pericardiocentesis procedures market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global pericardiocentesis procedures market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global pericardiocentesis procedures market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global pericardiocentesis procedures market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global pericardiocentesis procedures market. The next section of the global pericardiocentesis procedures market report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, overview of large pericardial effusions, reimbursement scenario, and booming investments in private hospitals in India.
The report also delves into the competitive landscape of the global pericardiocentesis procedures market. Key players operating in the global pericardiocentesis procedures treatment market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global pericardiocentesis procedures treatment market report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Pericardiocentesis Procedures Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by different pericardiocentesis procedures across all the regions during the forecast period?
- How many pericardiocentesis procedures were performed in 2018, by region/sub-region?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global market?
- Which region is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which segment will have the highest revenue globally in 2027 and which segment will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Pericardiocentesis Procedures Market - Research Objectives and Approach
The comprehensive report on the global pericardiocentesis procedures market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global pericardiocentesis procedures market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global pericardiocentesis procedures market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the pericardiocentesis procedures market. The next section of the global pericardiocentesis procedures market report highlights the USPs, including regulatory scenario, overview of large pericardial effusions, reimbursement scenario, and booming investments in private hospitals in India.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated and number of pericardiocentesis surgeries performed by key pericardiocentesis service providers has been mapped to ascertain the size of the global pericardiocentesis procedures market in terms of value and volume. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated and number of pericardiocentesis procedures. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we took into consideration the parent cardiac tamponade market.
The report analyzes the global pericardiocentesis procedures market in terms of indication, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2027 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the pericardiocentesis procedures market.
Pericardiocentesis Procedures Market – Segmentation
Middle East & Africa