Optic Nerve Disorders Treatment Market
Optic Nerve Disorders Treatment Market (Treatment Type: Pharmacological Treatment (Prostaglandin, Beta Interferons, Beta Blockers, Alpha-adrenergic Agonist, Carbonic Anhydrase Inhibitors, Corticosteroids, Combination Drugs, and Others), and Surgery; Indication: Glaucoma, Optic Neuritis, Optic Neuropathy (Arteritic Ischemic Optic Neuropathy, Non-arteritic Ischemic Optic Neuropathy, and Congenital Optic Atrophy), and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, Clinics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
New Treatment Options for Glaucoma through Precision Medicines and Topical Treatments in Offing
Emergence of topical treatments are creating incremental opportunities for manufacturers operating in the optic nerve disorders treatment market. For instance, Canadian manufacturers of eye health products Bausch & Lomb, announced the launch of VYZULTA® — a topical glaucoma treatment solution that gained acceptance by the Government of Canada.
Companies in the optic nerve disorders treatment market are increasing treatment options for glaucoma, since the glaucoma indication segment of the optic nerve disorders treatment market is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period. The glaucoma segment is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 12.1 Bn by the end of 2023. Hence, manufacturers are increasing efficacy in precision medication to offer treatment options for glaucoma.
To innovate in precision medicines, manufacturers in the market for optic nerve disorders treatment are increasing research to understand the aqueous humor for anterior segment and trabecular meshwork tissue.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Optic Nerve Disorders Treatment Market ?
Advancements in Beta Interferons Benefit MS Patients
High prevalence of multiple sclerosis (MS) patients is one of the key drivers for the growth of optic nerve disorders treatment market. Hence, manufacturers are increasing production capabilities to develop immunosuppressive drugs that improve quality of life in patients. For instance, in September 2019, Swiss multinational healthcare company Roche revealed its proceedings on trials for OCREVUS® — an immunosuppressive drug, to understand its effects in relapsing and progressive MS.
Companies in the optic nerve disorders treatment market are increasing trials of immunosuppressive drugs with beta interferons to provide relief to MS patients. As such, the beta interferons sub-segment of the pharmacological treatment segment is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 2.5 Bn by 2027. Hence, manufacturers in the optic nerve disorders treatment market are increasing production capabilities in beta interferons, since pharmacological treatment segment is anticipated for aggressive growth during the forecast period. Moreover, the neurofilament light chain-lowering capabilities of beta interferons are increasingly benefitting MS patients.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Companies Focus on Unmet Needs of NMOSD Patients in Europe
New drugs for rare neurologic eye diseases are being extensively researched for the treatment of MS and neuromyelitis optica. Striking correlation between neurologic diseases and rare eye conditions have opened the doors for innovation in the optic nerve disorders treatment market.
On the other hand, terminal complement inhibitors are under scrutiny of the European and Japanese health commissions. As such, companies are focusing to extend their product portfolios into Europe and Japan, since the two regions are projected for exponential growth during the forecast period. For instance, in June 2019, Alexion — a U.S. pharmaceutical company, announced that the European Medicines Agency and Japanese Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare are assessing applications of SOLIRIS® for the treatment of neuromyelitis optica spectrum disorder (NMOSD).
The optic nerve disorders treatment market in Europe is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 4.2 Bn. Thus, manufacturers in the market for optic nerve disorders treatment are focusing on meeting the needs of patients in Europe, since NMOSD is a rare disease.
Innovations in Corticosteroids Meet Post Ocular Surgery Requirements
Innovations in topical ocular corticosteroids are proving to be beneficial for patients in the management of pain and inflammation post ocular surgery. However, limitations of these corticosteroids, such as limited bioavailability and class-associated adverse events (AE) are some of the barriers that companies in the optic nerve disorders treatment market have to counter. Hence, manufacturers in the optic nerve disorders treatment market are educating healthcare providers about drug-specific variables of topical ocular corticosteroids, such as AE profile, potency, and patient-specific administration needs for better outcomes in patients.
Companies in the market for optic nerve disorders treatment are aiming at minimizing precorneal drug loss and maximizing drug delivery to the anterior tissues with the help of improved corticosteroid formulations. They are adopting various strategies to enhance ocular penetration by including mucoadhesive formulations in the development of new corticosteroids. Strategies, such as drug-particle size reduction enable faster drug dissolution, which increases bioavailability and penetration. Hence, companies in the optic nerve disorders treatment market are increasing the production capacities of loteprednol etabonate corticosteroids using retrometabolic drug design.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Companies in the optic nerve disorders treatment market are tapping into new opportunities to obtain new clues from drugs used in neurological disorders for treatment of vision-related diseases. For instance, in May 2019, Bionure — a Spanish biotechnology company, announced its successful investigation for its neuroprotectant BN201, which holds promising results in the treatment of MS and acute optic neuritis.
However, poor bioavailability of drugs for efficacious ocular drug delivery poses as a challenge for manufacturers. Hence, companies should innovate in ocular therapeutics to improve biopharmaceutical properties of drugs. They should focus on expanding product portfolio of drugs that treat optic neuritis, since this indication is projected to gain significant prominence during the forecast period.
Optic Nerve Disorders Treatment Market: Overview
- Increase in prevalence of eye disorders is the major driver of the global optic nerve disorders treatment market
- Optic nerve disorders treatment covers treatment options for optic nerve disorders, which include pharmacological treatment consisting of medications and surgery
- Glaucoma is one of the major indications resulting from optic nerve damage and is a common ophthalmologic condition
- Optic nerve disorders are caused due to the damage to optic nerves, which can result in vision loss and eventually complete blindness
- These disorders include glaucoma, optic neuritis, optic neuropathy, idiopathic intracranial hypertension, optic nerve drusen, and other disorders associated with the optic nerves
- According to the American Academy of Ophthalmology, in 2011, 2.71 million people in the U.S. had primary open-angle glaucoma (POAG)
- Growing aging population prone to ophthalmological conditions, and high adoption rate and usage of digital devices are some of the concerning factors leading to eye related disorders
Optic Nerve Disorders Treatment Market: Segmentation
- Based on treatment type, the optic nerve disorders treatment market has been bifurcated into pharmacological treatment and surgery
- Pharmacological treatment has been further classified into prostaglandins, beta interferons, beta blockers, alpha-adrenergic agonist, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, corticosteroids, combination drugs, and others
- In terms of indication, the optic nerve disorders treatment market has been segmented into glaucoma, optic neuritis, optic neuropathy, and others
- Optic neuropathy segment has been further sub-segmented into arteritic ischemic optic neuropathy, non-arteritic ischemic optic neuropathy, and congenital optic atrophy
- In terms of end user, the optic nerve disorders treatment market has been segmented into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, clinics, and others
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights
- The report provides current and future revenues (US$ Mn) for each these segments for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment, along with the market size estimations for the period 2019 to 2027.
Optic Nerve Disorders Treatment Market: Regional Overview
- In terms of region, the optic nerve disorders treatment market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been further divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and future market size, in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2017 to 2027, with their CAGRs for the period 2019 to 2027
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful market insights, which will help new companies planning to enter the market and existing companies to increase market share, and help in the decision-making process
Major Players in Global Market
- The report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the optic nerve disorders treatment market
- Key players analyzed in this report are
- Santen Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.,
- Allergan plc.
- Novartis AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Bausch Health Companies, Inc.
- Aerie Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Bionure Farma, S.L.
- Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Optic Nerve Disorders Treatment Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global optic nerve disorders treatment market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators for the said market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the optic nerve disorders treatment market for the 2017–2027 period, with 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the optic nerve disorders treatment market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carry out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the optic nerve disorders treatment market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the optic nerve disorders treatment market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the optic nerve disorders treatment market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the optic nerve disorders treatment market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the optic nerve disorders treatment market. Key players operating in the optic nerve disorders treatment market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the optic nerve disorders treatment market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Optic Nerve Disorders Treatment Market Report
- What are the sales/revenue generated by each treatment type segment of the optic nerve disorders treatment market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the optic nerve disorders treatment market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which optic nerve disorders treatment type, indication, and end user segments are expected to generate the maximum revenue globally in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What was the market share or position of different companies operating in the global market in 2018?
Optic Nerve Disorders Treatment Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the optic nerve disorders treatment market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, pipeline analysis, key vendor & distributor analysis, regulatory scenario, technological advancements, and disease prevalence rate of different optic nerve disorders.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the optic nerve disorders treatment market in terms of treatment type, indication, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of them at the end of 2027 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the optic nerve disorders treatment market.
Optic Nerve Disorders Treatment Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the optic nerve disorders treatment market includes information divided into four sections ? treatment type, indication, end user, and region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the optic nerve disorders treatment market have been discussed in detail.