Oncology Nutrition Market
Oncology Nutrition Market (Distribution Channel: Inpatient Nutrition and Outpatient Nutrition; Nutrition: Enteral Nutrition and Parenteral Nutrition; Formula: Standard Formula, Elemental Formula, and Specialized Formula; and Cancer: Head and Neck Cancers, Colorectal Cancer, Hematology Cancer, Prostate Cancer, Breast Cancer, Gastrointestinal Cancer, Lung Cancer, Pancreatic Cancer, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Focus on Improving Oncology Care Worldwide to Boost Adoption of Oncology Therapies
Cancer is deemed as one of the most glaring causes of mortality and morbidity across the world. Due to advancements in technology and a significant amount of research, the oncology nutrition market is expected to witness considerable growth in the coming years. Oncology nutrition continues to remain an imperative area of focus for healthcare providers due to a consistent rise in the number of cases of malnutrition induced by tumors worldwide. Oncology nutrition plays an important role in improving bodily resources, tolerance of cancer treatments, and the overall quality of life. The decline in tolerance to cancer therapy is expected to provide fertile grounds of growth for companies operating in the current oncology nutrition market.
The significant rise in nutritional wasting and nutritional risk among cancer patients is a major factor that is anticipated to boost the growth of the oncology nutrition market during the forecast period. Participants in the current market landscape are currently investigating the potential benefits of adopting a multidisciplinary approach wherein targeted nutrition is likely to be imperative to enhance the quality of oncology care. Evolving guidelines, surge in observational studies, and growth in the number of clinical trials worldwide are some of the leading factors that are expected to propel the growth of the market for oncology nutrition in the coming years. At the back of these factors, the global oncology nutrition market is expected to reach ~US$ 1.4 Bn by the end of 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Oncology Nutrition Market
Progress in Nutritional Screening and Assessment Techniques to Drive Market
Nutritional screening and assessment techniques are integral to detect the identification of patients that are at a greater risk of malnourishment. Several studies have revealed that the incorporation of malnutrition screening in oncology care is expected to improve nutritional assessment and prevent malnutrition among patients. While nutritional risk continues to come under the radar, oncology nutrition is projected to gain a fair amount of momentum over the course of the assessment period. The demand for oncology nutrition is expected to further grow due to the notable surge in the adoption of nutritional assessment programs particularly during cancer cachexia and precachexia. Data collection techniques pertaining to the nutritional status of various patients have progressed at a rapid pace over the past decade. Due to these advancements, tailored oncology nutrition therapies have emerged as an ideal solution for cancer patients who are susceptible to malnutrition.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Oncology nutrition therapies vary from patients to patients and at present, individualized oncology nutritional counseling has gained considerable pace. Oncology nutrition is increasingly being used to prevent nutritional deterioration among patients who are undergoing cancer care. Oral oncology nutrition is likely to gain considerable popularity as it has emerged as the preferred route of feeding. The demand for oncology nutrition to enhance the quality of life in cancer patients is on the rise– a major factor that is expected to provide a significant boost to the growth of the oncology nutrition market during the assessment period.
Stringent Guidelines Governing Oncology Nutrition to Influence Market Growth
One of the most glaring challenges that participants in the oncology nutrition market have had to deal with over several decades is the inadequate and unclear guidelines laid down by authoritative bodies due to which, oncology nutrition remained at the backseat. However, with additional research and growing awareness regarding the benefits of oncology nutrition, the structure within the healthcare systems is evolving. At present, within the oncology nutrition market, clinical nutrition specialists and oncologists are increasingly collaborating with each other in their efforts to improve oncology nutrition and oncology care. At present, recently laid down guidelines from different scientific bodies have focused on some key areas that are expected to improve the adoption of oncology nutrition in the coming years, including regular oncology nutritional therapy particularly for malnourished cancer patients, home artificial nutrition prescription, nutritional management, etc. The new guidelines would offer a boost to the adoption of oncology nutrition in the coming years, as the uptake of improved oncology nutrition therapies for cancer patients undergoing chemoradiotherapy is on the rise.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The global oncology nutrition market is expected to grow at a healthy CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to a range of factors, including rising in the prevalence of cancer patients, technological advancements, research & development activities, and growing awareness regarding oncology nutrition are some of the leading factors that will provide an impetus to the growth of the market for oncology nutrition during the forecast period. Focus on improving nutritional assessment among cancer patients due to the rise in the number of malnutrition cases will also play an important role in boosting the growth of the oncology nutrition market.
Oncology Nutrition Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the oncology nutrition market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, growing incidence of cancer, cancer supportive care products to meet the growing demand to treat cancer, entry of new players, and increase in access to health care are anticipated to drive the global oncology nutrition market
- According to the report, the global oncology nutrition market was valued at US$ 836 Mn in 2018 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% from 2019 to 2027
Rise in Incidence of Cancer and Surge in Awareness about Usage and Benefits of Oncology Nutrition Supplements: A Key Driver
- Cancer is the second leading cause of death globally, and is responsible for an estimated 9.6 million deaths in 2018. Globally, about 1 in 6 deaths is due to cancer. Approximately 70% of deaths from cancer occur in low- and middle-income countries.
- Late-stage presentation and inaccessible diagnosis and treatment are common in low- and middle-income countries. In 2017, only 26% of low-income countries reported having pathology services generally available in the public sector.
- Each cancer type requires unique treatment. Hence, increase in prevalence of cancer and the need for personalized medicine and nutrition are expected to increase the uptake of oncology nutrition diet. This is likely to provide significant opportunities for players in this market.
Focus on Geographic Expansion
- Companies in the global oncology nutrition market are increasingly turning to in-licensing and collaboration agreements to launch new products in North America and Europe. Rise in demand to develop advanced or standard nutritional products for cancer, economic growth, and increase in awareness about oncology nutrition diet present significant opportunities for players operating in the global oncology nutrition market.
- According to industry experts, high cost of oncology nutrition could hamper the market growth. This is particularly true for various underdeveloped and developing countries. Incidence of cancer is high in developing regions such as Asia, Africa, Latin America, and the Middle East. Hence, growth of oncology nutrition is expected to be faster in these regions. However, high cost of oncology specific supplements would be a deterrent for exploiting the full potential of these regions.
Stringent Regulatory Requirements to Hamper Market
- Stringent regulatory requirements and long procedure for FDA approval have discouraged oncology nutrition manufacturers in the U.S. These are looking at regions such as Europe and Asia to launch newer products. Small private companies are doing much work in this area with some big pharmaceutical companies. These have put parenteral oncology nutrition for clinical trials.
Oncology Nutrition Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global oncology nutrition market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The oncology nutrition market is less fragmented, with the presence of a more international as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global oncology nutrition market are
- Danone S.A.
- Pfizer Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Fresenius Kabi AG
- Grifols S.A.
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Nestlé S.A.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Sichuan Kelun Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- which account for more than 70% share of the market
Oncology Nutrition Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global oncology nutrition market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies of key players are likely to fuel the growth of the global oncology nutrition market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the oncology nutrition market are as follows:
- In January 2020, Nestle purchased Allergan business to expand in medical nutrition
- In September 2019, Smartfish AS collaborated with B. Braun to launch its medical nutrition product Remune. B. Braun launched Remune in close to 20 countries during 2019 and 2020, followed by several other markets in Europe, Asia, and South America
- In 2018, Fresenius Kabi AG has launched mofKabiven extra Nitrogen, a three-chamber bag with a special protein-energy ratio, in Europe
- In October 2018, the Baxter International Inc., in association with the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN), launched the “SmartPN” tool aimed to reduce clinical malnutrition
- The report on the global oncology nutrition market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of oncology nutrition products. The ‘competition landscape’ section has been included in the oncology nutrition market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global oncology nutrition market.
Oncology Nutrition Market - Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global oncology nutrition market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global oncology nutrition market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global oncology nutrition market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global oncology nutrition market.
Secondary research also includes Internet, statistical data from government agencies, websites, companies’ presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global oncology nutrition market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global oncology nutrition market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global oncology nutrition market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global oncology nutrition market. Key players operating in the global oncology nutrition market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global oncology nutrition market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Oncology Nutrition Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of parenteral nutrition in the oncology nutrition market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the oncology nutrition market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in oncology diseases on the global oncology nutrition market?
- Will North America continue to remain the most profitable regional market for oncology nutrition providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to impede the growth of the global oncology nutrition market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global oncology nutrition market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global oncology nutrition market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global oncology nutrition market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the oncology nutrition market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the oncology nutrition market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global oncology nutrition market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global oncology nutrition market more reliably and accurately.
Oncology Nutrition Market - Segmentation
Head and Neck Cancers
Middle East & Africa