On-body Drug Delivery Devices Market: Introduction
- On-body drug delivery devices aid in delivery of a large dose of drug by transforming the delivery of multi-dose into a single dose, which can be administered at once to a patient.
- On-body drug delivery devices can reduce patient discomfort as the devices deliver the entire course of multiple drugs needed by the patient.
- On-body drug delivery devices are designed to provide a single subcutaneous drug or follow a programmed schedule.
Key Drivers and Opportunities of Global On-body Drug Delivery Devices Market
- On-body drug delivery devices provide a range of flexible delivery options for patients as well as the health care providers such as viscosities, delivery times, site of administration, and volumes. This increases the importance and awareness about on-body drug delivery devices, as the devices can administer a dose at an appropriate flow rate, provide smaller doses in order to prevent pain and swelling. These factors are projected to boost the growth of the global market.
- Rise in the number of cancer patients globally is anticipated to propel the global market. According to International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC), around 19.3 million cancer cases have been recorded in 2020. This increases the need of chemotherapy, which in turn drives the demand for on-body injectors, as a patient can wear the device and go home after the procedure. The device automatically administers the therapeutics needed for patient’s body.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global On-body Drug Delivery Devices Market
- In terms of region, the global on-body drug delivery devices market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to account for major share of the global on-body drug delivery devices market during the forecast period due to increase in awareness among people about these devices and presence of well-established companies that collaborate to provide the best on-body drug delivery devices.
- Europe is a prominent market for on-body drug delivery devices due to rise in skilled health care providers who provide excellent care to patients and increase in usage of health care drug delivery devices.
- The on-body drug delivery devices market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to development of health care systems, rise in the number of cancer treatments, and surge in number of people who struggle with auto-immune diseases
Key Players Operating in Global On-body Drug Delivery Devices Market
The global on-body drug delivery devices market is consolidated due to presence of small number of well-established companies and new start-ups. Various innovative strategies adopted by leading players are likely to drive the global on-body drug delivery devices market in the next few years.
Major players operating in the global on-body drug delivery devices market are:
- Enable Injections
- NOVO Engineering
- Elcam Medical
- Other prominent players
Global On-body Drug Delivery Devices Market: Research Scope
Global On-body Drug Delivery Devices Market, by Device
- Wearable Injector
- Patch Pump
Global On-body Drug Delivery Devices Market, by Drug Type
- Conventional Drugs
- Biologic Products
- Biosimilar Drugs
Global On-body Drug Delivery Devices Market, by Application
- Auto-immune Disease
Global On-body Drug Delivery Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!