Foam Trays Market (Type: Virgin Foam and Recycled Foam; Material: Polyethylene, Polypropylene, Polyester, Polystyrene, and Others; and Application: Pharmaceuticals, Food Packaging, Industrial Packaging, and Others) - North America Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Takeaway Food Startups Generate Income Sources for Manufacturers During COVID-19 Pandemic
Stakeholders in the packaging industry have been working at break-neck speeds to meet the unprecedented demand from food & beverage (F&B), pharmaceuticals, and industrial packaging sectors during the COVID-19 crisis. Polystyrene foam products have been gauging high demand in supermarkets for the packaging of meat, eggs, and vegetables, among others. The ever-expanding eCommerce industry is creating revenue opportunities for manufacturers in the North America foam trays market.
Due to the partial and permanent shutdown of many restaurants, manufacturers in the North America foam trays market are capitalizing on revenue opportunities through takeaway food services. An increasing number of food startups are creating value-grab opportunities for foam tray manufacturers. Manufacturers are becoming competitive in their pricing to get an edge over other suppliers.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Recycling and Standardized Burning of Polystyrene Helps to Reduce Environmental Footprint
Since disposing polystyrene is becoming a major environmental issue, manufacturers in the North America foam trays market are increasing the availability of recyclable polystyrene. Polystyrene food containers, syringes, and cutlery are shipped to recycling facilities where it is sorted and cleaned. The polystyrene is shredded into tiny pieces and later exposed to heat, which causes it to melt into a paste. This paste is compressed and dried into pellets or blocks before it is shipped to another facility where new produced can be made.
Since recycling of polystyrene can be a potentially expensive and complex procedure, waste disposal companies are taking advantage of this opportunity within a challenge to efficiently burn and dispose polystyrene foam trays in a standardized manner.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Automation to Drive Changes in Product Protection Landscape
The North America foam trays market is projected to cross US$ 1.2 Bn by 2031. EDL Packaging Engineers - a specialist advancing in shrink wrapping and bundling packaging machinery, is now offering automatic packaging solutions for foam products, as automatic wrapping significantly reduces labor and material.
Apart from product innovations, automation is one of the key drivers, which is contributing to the growth of the North America foam trays market. This is evident since total enclosure protects foam products prior to conversion.
Deep Foam Produce Trays Ensure Food Freshness and Hygiene
F&B applications are creating stable revenue streams for manufacturers in the North America foam trays market. Manufacturers are bolstering their production for deep foam produce trays made from highly compact foam materials that ensure food does not leak through and prevents bacterial build-up. They are increasing their focus on 100% recyclable foam trays.
Manufacturers in the North America foam trays market are increasing the availability of deep foam produce trays that protect and preserve food freshness. Innovative foam trays help to maintain temperature, ensure hygiene, and are available in different sizes. These trays are integrated with foam insulators, which help to maintain food freshness for long.
Disposable Foam Trays Gaining Popularity in Cafeteria Programs
There is a growing demand for disposable foam trays for meat packaging applications. Manufacturers in the North America foam trays market are increasing the production of sturdy and lightweight foam trays in multiple sizes for diverse applications. Innovative 5 and 6 compartment school lunch trays are creating income sources for manufacturers.
Companies in the North America foam trays market are expanding business through operator school feed and cafeteria programs. Thus, to achieve this, manufacturers are deploying rigid construction and portion control convenience in foam trays. Manufacturers are designing foam trays that resist bending and buckling. Disposable foam trays are eliminating the need for dishwashing and expensive permanentware replacement. Non-laminated satin foam trays are ideal for food, cafeteria, and employee feedings. Manufacturers are designing elegant, high gloss laminated satin white serving foam trays. Caterers are finding these trays ideal for lap trays and banquet lines.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Foam Trays Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
The burgeoning growth of the eCommerce industry is generating revenue streams for foam tray manufacturers during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Though recycling of polystyrene is an effective strategy to reduce environmental waste, the process is potentially expensive and difficult. This explains why the North America foam trays market is slated to clock a CAGR of 2.7% during the forecast period. Thus, recycling companies should look for this opportunity within challenge to commercialize recycling processes and gain cognizance about government schemes that support recycling activities. As such, manufacturers are increasing the production in heavy supermarket foam trays, foam 4D supermarket trays, and lightweight snack trays.
North America Foam Trays Market: Overview
- Foam trays are primarily used to cushion packaging and dunnage products. Foam trays are generally made from polyethylene, polypropylene, polyester, polystyrene, and other materials.
- Demand for food packaging in North America is increasing at a high rate due to rise in consumer interest toward consumption of fresh products with an extended shelf-life and controlled quality. This helps food packaging manufacturers design, and develop new and safe packaging. The U.S. accounted for a major share of the packaging market in North America in 2020. The market in the country is expanding at a faster pace driven by an increase in population.
- The U.S. is engaged in food law harmonization work in coordination with Codex Alimentarius and different government representatives from the FDA and USDA. The Foodservice & Packaging Institute (FPI), American Frozen Food Institute (AFFI), and Molded Pulp Environmental Packaging Association (IMFA) are some of the food-related associations, which ensure greater food safety, including their manufacturing, testing, packaging, and all activities.
- Polypropylene and polyester foam trays are used in food packaging, automotive, insulation, and protective packaging. In the automotive industry, polypropylene foam trays are used for a number of lightweight parts, while polyester foam trays are preferred as polyester foam trays offer better stability over heat. Other applications of foam trays include general purpose blisters, graphic arts, skin packaging, and stationery supplies.
- Polystyrene foams are commonly known as expanded polystyrene foams (EPS). They are lightweight cellular plastic materials that consist of small hollow spherical balls. They are widely used as packaging medium in North America.
- Polystyrene foam trays are a more sanitary form of food packaging, as polystyrene foam trays are disposable. Polystyrene foam trays are also shatter resistant, even in extreme temperatures.
Growth Drivers of North America Foam Trays Market
- The process cycle of foam formation is less complex and consists of fewer phases compared to the production of plastics through the polymerization process. Foam trays are cost effective compared to other plastics. Foam trays are also cost effective compared to other paper and plastic tray products as the production cost of foam is low. The labor cost for manufacturing foam trays is also low. Foam trays possess properties such as superior cushioning, impermeability to moisture, cost effectiveness, robust packaging, and convenience. Rise in demand for cost-effective food service solutions is likely to boost the foam trays market.
- Packaged food is less exposed to the environment. Therefore, there are fewer chances of exposure of the food to air, moisture, and oxidation. These factors are responsible for the fermentation of food. Demand for foam trays in meat, seafood, and poultry industries is high, as people are more inclined toward hygienic and safe food. Processors, retailers, and distributors of food offer protein products with foam packaging to provide consumers with fresh and frozen products. Demand for clean, covered, and cold food is high among customers. Thus, demand for foam trays is driven by food safety issues. Rise in demand for foam trays in meat, seafood, and poultry industries in North America is driving the foam trays market in the region.
Key Challenges of North America Foam Trays Market
- Foam products made of polystyrene foam are harmful to the human health and the environment, since they take a long time to decompose. Foam breaks down so slowly that it may sit in landfills for 500 years, according to the Environmental Action Association.
- Various substitutes of foams are available in the market. They include bagasse-based containers, corn plastic containers, and compostable paper containers. Bio-based materials reduce the use of fossil fuels and associated greenhouse gas emissions by replacing petroleum-based products. Rise in consumer demand and government support is boosting the bio-based products industry.
- People are increasingly becoming aware of the environmental hazards of polystyrene foam. Several cities are banning single-use polystyrene foam products. For instance, the New York City implemented a ban on single-use polystyrene foam product in January 2019.
Lucrative Opportunities for Players in North America Foam Trays Market
- More than 118 million pounds of expanded polystyrene (EPS) were recycled in 2016. THis also includes 63 million pounds of customer packaging and 55.7 million pounds of postindustrial packaging, according to the 2016 EPS Recycling Rate Report. According to the EPS Industry Alliance, EPS has achieved an average recycling rate of 15%, one of the highest of the plastics family, over the last decade.
- Pyrowave and Ineos Styrolution America LLC have formed a strategic partnership to support Pyrowave’s North American polystyrene recycling project. The objective of this project was to demonstrate the recyclability of postconsumer polystyrene packaging using Pyrowave’s catalytic microwave depolymerization (CMD) technology.
- Pyrowave plans to install additional systems in other parts of North America. Pyrowave spent three years for the exploration of echnology on postconsumer polystyrene waste. Now, the company can process approximately one to three tons per day of postconsumer polystyrene material. Pyrowave and Agilyx received a US$ 50,000 grant from the Foam Recycling Coalition to purchase equipment to allow for in-house processing of recycled polystyrene.
Leading Players in North America Foam Trays Market
- Key players such as Tekni-Plex, Inc., PACTIV Corporation, Novipax, Anchor Packaging Inc., Placon Corporation Inc., Coveris Holdings S.A, D&W Fine Pack LLC, Genpak LLC, Berry North America Inc., Ecopax LLC, Dart Container Corporation, Cascades Inc., and Atlas Holdings LLC. are focusing on expanding their global footprint through strategic capital allocation and increasing production capacity
- Players operating in the foam trays market in North America are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, strategic collaborations, expansion, and joint ventures to expand their product portfolio and business operations.
Foam Trays Market Snapshot
Market Size Value in 2020
US$ 953.6 Mn
Market Forecast Value in 2031
US$ 1.2 Bn
Growth Rate (CAGR)
US$ Mn for Value & Tons for Volume
It includes cross segment analysis at global as well as regional level. Furthermore, qualitative analysis includes drivers, restraints, opportunities, key trends, Porter’s Five Forces analysis, value chain analysis, and key trend analysis.
Electronic (PDF) + Excel
Key Regions Covered
Key Countries Covered
Key Companies Profiled
Available upon Request
Available upon Request
North America Foam Trays Market – Scope of Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the foam trays market in North America to gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the foam trays market in North America. The study also identifies growth avenues for stakeholders. The report provides insightful information about how the foam trays market in North America is likely to expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the foam trays market in North America that aid companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of various industries with respect to the foam trays market in North America during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight growth prospects of the foam trays market in North America and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (tons) and value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the foam trays market in North America, along with key information and a competition landscape. The report mentions company profiles of key players operating in the foam trays market in North America, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on North America Foam Trays Market
The report provides detailed information about the foam trays market in North America on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the foam trays market in North America that would help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which material segment is expected to generate maximum revenue in the foam trays market in North America during forecast period?
- Which application segment of the foam trays market in North America would emerge as a leading revenue generator during the forecast period?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth rate of the foam trays market in North America between 2021 and 2031?
- What are winning imperatives of frontrunners in the foam trays market in North America?
Research Methodology – North America Foam Trays Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the foam trays market in North America is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecast of the foam trays market in North America.
For primary research, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the foam trays market in North America.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the foam trays market in North America.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
North America Foam Trays Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study segments the foam trays market in North America by material, type, application, and country. This report presents extensive market dynamics and growth trends associated with different segments and explains how they are influencing the growth of the foam trays market in North America.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
1. Executive Summary
1.1. North America foam trays Snapshot
1.2. Key Market Trends
1.3. Current Market and Future Potential
1.4. TMR’s Growth Opportunity Wheel
2. Market Overview
2.1. Market Segmentation
2.2. Market Indicators
2.3. Market Definitions
2.4. Market Dynamics
2.5. Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
2.6. Value Chain Analysis
2.6.1. List of Potential Customers
3. COVID-19 Impact Analysis
4. North America Foam Trays Market Production Outlook
5. North America Foam Trays Market Price Trend Analysis, 2021-2031
5.1. By Material
5.2. By Type
5.3. By Application
5.4. By Country
6. North America Foam Trays Market Analysis and Forecast, 2021-2031
6.1. Key Findings
6.1.1. North America Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) and Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Material, 2021-2031
6.1.2. North America Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) and Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Type, 2021-2031
6.1.3. North America Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) and Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Application, 2021-2031
6.1.4. North America Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) and Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Country, 2021-2031
6.1.5. U.S. Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) and Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Material, 2021-2031
6.1.6. U.S. Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) and Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Type, 2021-2031
6.1.7. U.S. North America Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) and Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Application, 2021-2031
6.1.8. Canada Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) and Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Material, 2021-2031
6.1.9. Canada Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) and Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Type, 2021-2031
6.1.10. Canada Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) and Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Application, 2021-2031
6.2. North America Foam Trays Market Attractiveness Analysis
7. Competition Landscape
7.1. North America Foam Trays Market Share Analysis, 2020
7.2. Company Profiles (Details – Overview, Financials, Recent Developments, and Strategy)
7.2.1. Tekni-Plex, Inc.
220.127.116.11. Company Description
18.104.22.168. Business Overview
22.214.171.124. Financial Overview
126.96.36.199. Strategic Overview
188.8.131.52. Company Description
184.108.40.206. Business Overview
220.127.116.11. Financial Overview
18.104.22.168. Strategic Overview
7.2.3. MP Materials Inc
22.214.171.124. Company Description
126.96.36.199. Business Overview
188.8.131.52. Financial Overview
184.108.40.206. Strategic Overview
7.2.4. Anchor Packaging Inc.
220.127.116.11. Company Description
18.104.22.168. Business Overview
7.2.5. Coveris Holding S.A.
22.214.171.124. Company Description
126.96.36.199. Business Overview
188.8.131.52. Financial Overview
184.108.40.206. Strategic Overview
7.2.6. D&W Fine Pack LLC
220.127.116.11. Company Description
18.104.22.168. Business Overview
22.214.171.124. Financial Overview
126.96.36.199. Strategic Overview
7.2.7. Genpack LLC
188.8.131.52. Company Description
184.108.40.206. Business Overview
220.127.116.11. Financial Overview
18.104.22.168. Strategic Overview
7.2.8. Berry North America Inc.
22.214.171.124. Company Description
126.96.36.199. Business Overview
188.8.131.52. Financial Overview
184.108.40.206. Strategic Overview
7.2.9. Ecopax LLC
220.127.116.11. Company Description
18.104.22.168. Business Overview
22.214.171.124. Financial Overview
126.96.36.199. Strategic Overview
7.2.10. Dart Container Corporation
188.8.131.52. Company Description
184.108.40.206. Business Overview
220.127.116.11. Financial Overview
18.104.22.168. Strategic Overview
7.2.11. Cascaded Inc.
22.214.171.124. Company Description
126.96.36.199. Business Overview
188.8.131.52. Financial Overview
184.108.40.206. Strategic Overview
7.2.12. Atlas Holding LLC
220.127.116.11. Company Description
18.104.22.168. Business Overview
22.214.171.124. Financial Overview
126.96.36.199. Strategic Overview
7.2.13. PACTIV Corporation
188.8.131.52. Company Description
184.108.40.206. Business Overview
220.127.116.11. Financial Overview
18.104.22.168. Strategic Overview
8. Primary Research: Key Insights
List of Tables
Table 1: North America Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) Forecast, by Material, 2020–2031
Table 2: North America Foam Trays Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Material, 2020–2031
Table 3: North America Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) Forecast, by Type, 2020–2031
Table 4: North America Foam Trays Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Type, 2020–2031
Table 5: North America Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) Forecast, by Application, 2020–2031
Table 6: North America Foam Trays Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Application, 2020–2031
Table 7: North America Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) Forecast, by Country, 2020–2031
Table 8: North America Foam Trays Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Country, 2020–2031
Table 9: U.S. Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) Forecast, by Material, 2020–2031
Table 10: U.S. Foam Trays Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Material, 2020–2031
Table 11: U.S. Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) Forecast, by Type, 2020–2031
Table 12: U.S. Foam Trays Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Type, 2020–2031
Table 13: U.S. Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) Forecast, by Application, 2020–2031
Table 14: U.S. Foam Trays Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Application, 2020–2031
Table 15: Canada Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) Forecast, by Material, 2020–2031
Table 16: Canada Foam Trays Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Material, 2020–2031
Table 17: Canada Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) Forecast, by Type, 2020–2031
Table 18: Canada Foam Trays Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Type, 2020–2031
Table 19: Canada Foam Trays Market Volume (Tons) Forecast, by Application, 2020–2031
Table 20: Canada Foam Trays Market Value (US$ Mn) Forecast, by Application, 2020–2031
List of Figures
Figure 1: North America Foam Trays Market Volume Share, by Material, 2020, 2025, and 2031
Figure 2: North America Foam Trays Market Attractiveness, by Material
Figure 3: North America Foam Trays Market Volume Share, by Type, 2020, 2025, and 2031
Figure 4: North America Foam Trays Market Attractiveness, by Type
Figure 5: North America Foam Trays Market Volume Share, by Application, 2020, 2025, and 2031
Figure 6: North America Foam Trays Market Attractiveness, by Application
Figure 7: North America Foam Trays Market Volume Share, by Country, 2020, 2025, and 2031
Figure 8: North America Foam Trays Market Attractiveness, by Country