Non-invasive Ventilators Market: Growing Prevalence of Chronic Respiratory Diseases and Need for Improved Critical Care to Foster Growth
Rise in medical emergencies and the need to manage critical patients from the initial point of emergency to the hospital or other healthcare settings continues to prevail. As the healthcare scenario progresses, treatment flexibility for patients has gained spotlight. Healthcare professionals aim to improve treatment and care provided in critical care settings or any other setup requiring emergency life-support and treatment. The evolution of healthcare marks the development of high-performance devices that enable healthcare professionals to upturn critical treatment.
Transparency Market Research (TMR), in its recently published study on the non-invasive market, unravels the key aspects driving the industry. The report reviews the main indicators that have marked the development of non-invasive ventilation, while analyzing the growing acceptance of the therapeutic method that has majorly contributed to the development of respiratory medicine over the past 25 years. Technological advances, such as innovation in the field of positive airway pressure (PAP) systems, portability, and improvement in battery life of transport and portable ventilators, are other factors propelling the non-invasive ventilators market growth.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
Non-invasive Ventilators Market: Unveiling the Progress Path
The history of non-invasive ventilation dates back to the 20th century. Non-invasive ventilation was first used for the treatment of patients with acute respiratory failure, in the 1940s. The long-term use of non-invasive ventilators began to spur towards ventilatory progress during the 1980s. This was attributed to the improved understanding of the sleep physiology and beneficial effects of Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP). However, it was not until 1987 that the world witnessed the development of so-called modern non-invasive ventilation. Over the past two decades, the use of non-invasive ventilators has witnessed substantial growth, as technology advances, and the field of healthcare progresses on a fast-paced trajectory.
Presently, a robust evidence base detailing the efficacy of non-invasive ventilation in aggravations of cardiogenic pulmonary edema, acute respiratory failure, and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in immunocompromised patients, highlights its evolutionary path. Moreover, its contribution in other settings such as hypoxemic acute respiratory failure and the management of patients who disapprove the process of endotracheal intubation is increasing rapidly. The non-invasive ventilators market is expected to reach a valuation of ~ US$ 1.5 Bn in 2019, and is likely to grow at a CAGR of ~ 6% through the forecast period.
Impact of Undercurrents on the Non-invasive Ventilators Industry
According to WHO, chronic respiratory disease affects nearly one billion individuals, globally, making it one of the leading causes of death. This disease is prevalent in numerous forms, including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, asthma, pulmonary hypertension, and occupational lung disease. COPD occurrence has been closely linked to the rising air pollution in rural areas, and the burden of the disease is likely to grow in urban areas on account of the increasing prevalence of tobacco smoking. The demand for therapeutic devices such as non-invasive ventilators is likely to rise due to an increase in the diagnostic rates of various respiratory diseases.
The healthcare industry has witnessed rapid transformation over the years. As healthcare is becoming decentralized, patient care has exhibited a paradigm shift towards homes. Consumers are placing reliance on homecare with the constant support of technologically-advanced wearables, which not only aid in medication administration but also monitor treatment progress. Decentralizing healthcare to local centers is likely to enhance efficiency and address resource scarcity.
Another aspect that is likely to shape the future of the non-invasive ventilators market is the trends of portability and miniaturization, remote patient monitoring, and connectivity. Portable variants could be of use for treating patients with conditions such as pneumonia or in the course of mass casualty events.
One of the most common reasons that could hamper the adoption of non-invasive ventilators is the lack of experience. A substantial number of physicians do not use the conventional mode of non-invasive ventilation support. Proper application of masks and minimized air leaks are among the most vital factors that aid in improving patient compliance and ensuring enhanced ventilation. A protocol-based use of non-invasive ventilators remains crucial, which has created the need for providing adequate training for operators.
Want to know more such detailed insights of “Non-invasive Ventilators Market”? Request a PDF sample here
Winning Essentials for Non-invasive Ventilators Market Competitors
Expand Product Portfolio through Alliances
Companies providing non-invasive ventilators are considering collaborations to expand their global presence. Partnerships with companies providing respiratory devices help competitors broaden their portfolio of respiratory systems. Collaborations that aim at integrating next-gen technologies, such as flow sensor technologies that monitor and maintain precise control of the flow in non-invasive ventilators, are witnessed on a large scale.
Strengthen Foothold in Developing Economies
Increasing incidences of chronic respiratory diseases, tax benefits provided by regional governments, and rising healthcare expenditure cited across developing economies are garnering competitors’ attention. Owing to this, providers of non-invasive ventilators aim at expanding their latest offerings and strengthening their distribution network across developing economies.
Develop Adaptive Non-invasive Ventilators
As technology advances, non-invasive ventilators are likely to be integrated by next-gen capabilities that enhance their functionality, thereby improving the way care is provided. Auto-adaptive technology is one such capability gaining significance with time. Leading competitors are capitalizing on this development. For instance, Philips Respironics V60 utilizes the auto-adaptive technology to offer therapy acceptance and patient synchrony.
Analysis of the Competitive Landscape of the Non-invasive Ventilators Market
In November 2018, Royal Philips a leading health technology provider, announced the CE mark approval gained by the Philips V60 Plus ventilator. This solution inflates on Philips’ non-invasive ventilation gold standard platform, and integrates both, high flow therapy and non-invasion ventilation in a single device setting.
In May 2019, Dräger, a global leader in the field of medical and safety technology, received funds of up to EUR 110 million from The European Investment Bank (EIB) for R&D projects related to medical technology targeting life-saving systems, including ventilators and anesthesia systems.
Koninklijke Philips N.V., followed by ResMed Inc., continue to remain the leading players in the non-invasive ventilators market. With ~ 50% of the global market share held by these companies in 2018, the non-invasive ventilators market is expected to remain consolidated in nature. While major focus is centered on expanding research capabilities, a number of competitors are seen adopting the new product development strategy to introduce improved non-invasive ventilator systems and consumables. Another focus area is the acquisition of regional players in order to expand presence in lucrative geographies.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Analysts’ Inference of the Non-invasive Ventilators Market
TMR analysts have a positive perspective of the market for non-invasive ventilators. Asia Pacific is considered to be a high-growth regional market for non-invasive ventilators. Infrastructural development and improved healthcare policies promoting better care provision are likely to be responsible for this growth. Surge in government investments in healthcare infrastructure in countries such as India and China, and strategic alliances among players to penetrate developing markets are expected to offer lucrative opportunities. As a result of this, new market entrants can consider developing economies for geographical expansion. In terms of market segments, investments for developing non-invasive ventilator consumables are likely to create greater sales revenue. Furthermore, focus on providing non-invasive ventilators in homecare settings could be a highly profitable avenue for competitors.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the non-invasive ventilators market for the historical period of 2017-2018 and forecast of 2019-2027, the rising demand for home care ventilator systems and consumables is expected to boost the global non-invasive market during the forecast period.
- In terms of revenue, the global non-invasive ventilators market is estimated to reach ~ US$ 1.5 Bn by the end of 2019, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~ 6%, in terms of value, during the forecast period
Rise in Prevalence of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Diseases: A Key Driver
- The prevalence of COPD, asthma, and pneumonia is high across the globe. Moreover, rise in the awareness and advancements in diagnostic tools are increasing the diagnostic rate of these diseases. This, in turn, is likely to propel the consumption of non-invasive systems, such as non-invasive PPV and high flow nasal cannula O2 delivery, to treat these conditions.
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), globally, 5 million deaths were caused by COPD in 2005, and nearly 3.17 million succumbed to the disease in 2016. In 2002, around 65 million people around the world were affected by moderate-to-severe COPD. 251 million cases of COPD were reported in 2016. Increase in the number of tobacco smokers and rise in air pollution are likely to increase the number COPD patients.
- Initiatives by key players and patient associations to raise awareness about COPD is anticipated to increase the diagnosis rate of COPD. Moreover, high prevalence of the disorder across the globe and surge in the demand for COPD devices from emerging markets are likely to fuel the non-invasive ventilators
Increase in Demand for Homecare and Portable Non-Invasive Ventilators the Latest Trend
- The demand for homecare and portable non-invasive ventilators is likely to boost the market. Furthermore, the adoption of multifunctional non-invasive ventilator machines is on the rise in emerging markets, which is likely to further propel the non-invasive ventilators
- Technical advancements in non-invasive ventilators have augmented the accuracy and reliability of these systems for the diagnosis of respiratory diseases. Moreover, their extensive applications in diagnosing others diseases is likely to fuel the non-invasive ventilators market.
- Rise in the adoption of non-invasive ventilators in emerging markets, owing to lack of proper use of ventilators, drives the non-invasive ventilators market in emerging economies. Surge in the number of healthcare providers in emerging markets is likely to fuel the adoption of non-invasive ventilators during the forecast period.
- Moreover, the affordability of COPD therapeutic devices such as portable non-invasive systems is likely to drive the adoption of these systems. Additionally, key players operating in the non-invasive ventilators market are investing in raising awareness about COPD, thereby increasing diagnostic rates. These factors are anticipated to drive the global non-invasive ventilators market during the forecast period.
- Moreover, increase in the number of tobacco smokers and rise in air pollution are key factors fueling the number of COPD cases. WHO estimates that, COPD is likely to be the third-leading cause of death by the year 2030.
Low Adoption Rate of Expensive Non-Invasive Ventilators Restrains the Non-Invasive Ventilators Market
- Respiratory disease is a leading cause of death, globally. Respiratory devices are required as assistive tools for long-term hospital administration and speedy recovery. The cost associated with respiratory devices is a key factor hampering the accessibility of these devices for lower-middle and lower-income groups.
- Moreover, medical devices are technology-driven, and hence, the introduction of new technology in the non-invasive ventilators market increases the demand and cost of medical devices. Increase in cost hinders the usage of non-invasive ventilators.
- Therefore, the low rate of adoption of expensive non-invasive ventilators is anticipated to restrain the market during the forecast period
Non-Invasive Ventilators Market: Competition Landscape
- New product development and expansion in emerging markets is a key strategy adopted by key players operating in the global non-invasive ventilators market. Key players are upgrading their non-invasive ventilators with new modalities, such as high flow therapy and continuous positive airway pressure, in order to remain competitive in the market. These players are also investing in the development of more patient-friendly and convenient accessories such as masks and tubings.
- Key players operating in the global non-invasive ventilators market include
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Vyaire Medical
- Dragerwerk AG & Co. KGaA
- GE Healthcare
- Medtronic plc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Smiths Medical
- ResMed, Inc.
- O-Two Medical Technologies Inc.
- Dimar s.r.l. Intersurgical Ltd.
- HAROL S.r.l.
- Vygon SA,
- Getinge AB
- Vapotherm, Inc.
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare Limited.
- Non-invasive Ventilators Market: Key Developments
Key manufacturers in the non-invasive ventilators market, such as ResMed Inc., focus on inorganic growth through mergers and acquisitions, and are strengthening their overseas sales structure. Other key developments in the non-invasive ventilators market include:
- In January 2019, ResMed completed the acquisition of Propeller Health, a digital therapeutics company that provides connected health solutions for people living with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma.
- In October 2017, Teleflex acquired some assets of Airway Medix S.A., a medical device company renowned for mechanical ventilation, for US$ 11.6 Mn. This acquisition is projected to increase Teleflex’s respiratory product portfolio.
- In October 2017, Vyaire Medical acquired a Tuscon, Arizona, U.S.-based company, Revolutionary Medical Devices, Inc., and its products for airway management.
In the global non-invasive ventilators market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of the manufacturers of non-invasive ventilators. The ‘Competitive Landscape’ section is included in the direct non-invasive ventilators market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of the key players operating in the global non-invasive ventilators market.
TMR’s recent study on the non-invasive ventilators market offers its audience a holistic market outline with the help of a comprehensive evaluation of the global non-invasive ventilators industry. The TMR study on the non-invasive ventilators market evaluates the landscape in terms of historical and current market situation, and includes a forecast for the period of 2019-2027. Clients are able to make long-term decisions regarding their business with the help of the key findings and exclusive non-invasive ventilators market insights included in the extensive study. TMR’s study also provides an evaluation of the key non-invasive ventilators market dynamics that are likely to impact the market in the foreseeable future. The non-invasive ventilators market study also delivers a detailed understanding of the key industry trends and developments made by non-invasive ventilators market players. The TMR publication is divided into sections to aid readers in gaining an individual understanding of the non-invasive ventilators market.
Key Questions Answered in the Non-invasive Ventilators Market Study
- What are key developments witnessed across the non-invasive ventilators market?
- What are the key challenges faced by non-invasive ventilators market players?
- How much revenue is the non-invasive ventilators market expected to generate in the next five years?
- Which regions are expected to remain lucrative avenues for future investments by non-invasive ventilators market competitors?
- Which non-invasive ventilation product is likely to show incremental opportunities?
The first section in the TMR report on the market for non-invasive ventilators commences with a preface that offers a concise market glance, with the inclusion of the market definition and scope of the study. This part of the study discusses the research objectives and highlights of the market, which allows readers to gain a holistic market outline. Following this is the executive summary that highlights the aspects covered in the report. The next section in the non-invasive ventilators market study is the market overview, which offers a glimpse of the market with respect to the key non-invasive ventilators market dynamics such as market drivers, future opportunities, and challenging factors.
The next part includes a synopsis of the global non-invasive ventilators market scrutiny and forecast in terms of value and volume. Along with market projections, this section also includes Porter’s Five Force Analysis. Following this is the section comprising key insights, which includes pricing analysis, key industry events, and other significant aspects regarding the market. Following this is a detailed segmentation analysis of the non-invasive ventilators market. The assessment involves the division of the non-invasive ventilators market based on product, end use, application, and region. With the analysis of key segments in the non-invasive ventilators market, year-on-year growth projections, and basis point share analysis, the report further helps readers identify lucrative areas.
The TMR report on the market for non-invasive ventilators provides an assessment of the regional landscape of the market. Regional evaluation helps market competitors make strategic decisions pertaining to their potential investments and regional expansions. Country-level and segment-wise analysis of individual regions helps report audiences of the non-invasive ventilators market study to assess the potential of the market in individual geographies. Backed by global value and volume share and year-on-year growth projections, this chapter is an essential part of the study on the non-invasive ventilators market.
The study on the non-invasive ventilators market offers a complete assessment of the competition, with details of leading and emerging market players. This chapter elaborates the nature of the non-invasive ventilators market with the help of the market share held by leading, emerging and new players. The unique dashboard view of the players in the non-invasive ventilators market report aids readers in understanding the strategies implemented by key players and their performance in the non-invasive ventilators market, comprising focus areas of the non-invasive ventilators market players. The competitive structure of key players in the non-invasive ventilators market is also enclosed in the study.
The TMR report on the market of non-invasive ventilators is based on detailed assessment of the market, backed by extensive primary and secondary research. The in-depth evaluation of the non-invasive ventilators market in terms of competitive landscape is supported by individual-level analysis of various aspects related to the non-invasive ventilators market. Assessment of the historical and current global market for non-invasive ventilators, focusing on key market segments, growth drivers, major regions, and other qualitative inputs, help TMR analysts to derive crucial estimates and forecast analysis for the non-invasive ventilators market. Clients can access the non-invasive ventilators market report to obtain a forecasted market analysis for the period of 2019–2027.
Non-invasive Ventilators Market: Taxonomy
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
Respiratory Distress Syndrome
Middle East & Africa