Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) is a class of powerful analgesics, distinguished by their non-steroidal chemical structure. These drugs are frequently prescribed to reduce pain caused due to inflammation. These are considered the first line of treatment in pain management due to three basic properties: analgesic, antipyretic, and anti-inflammatory. Usage of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in pain management dates back to the 1960s and 1970s when the first few key molecules such as diclofenac and ibuprofen were approved by the U.S. FDA. The patents for all (except one) the key branded formulations in this market have expired, rendering the market completely generic and even over-the-counter (OTC) for some drugs. The most common OTC drugs in this class include aspirin and ibuprofen used in the treatment of headache, body ache, sports injuries, and menstrual cramps. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are categorized into various groups: salicylates (diflunisal, salsalate, and acetylsalicylic acid), acetic acid derivatives (diclofenac, ketorolac, indomethacin, and etodolac), selective COX-2 inhibitors (celecoxib), proprionic acid derivatives (ibuprofen, naproxen, ketoprofen, and fenoprofen), fenamic acid derivatives (meclofenamic acid, tolfenamic acid, and mefenamic acid), and enolic acid derivatives (oxicam, piroxicam, tenoxicam and lornoxicam).
Based on dosage form, the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs market has been segmented into oral, topical, and injectable. The injectable segment is expected to witness rapid growth owing to higher efficacy. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are indicated for postoperative pain, bone and joint pain (rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gouty arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis), menstrual pain, tooth ache, and others. The bone and joint pain segment is expected to be driven by rising prevalence of bone and joint disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis, and increase in number of hospital surgeries. Rising incidence of pain disorders, increase in geriatric population with high risk of various diseases, growing adoption of pain management therapeutics among end-users, and favorable regulatory scenario and health care reforms boost the growth of the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs market. However, entry of new innovative therapeutic analgesics, stringent government regulations, and side effect associated with non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs restrain the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs market.
In terms of region, the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs market has been classified into North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America dominates the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs market, followed by Europe, due to increase in geriatric population suffering from bone and joint disorders, rising junk food habits & sedentary lifestyle, and increase in incidence and prevalence of bone and joint disorders. Asia Pacific is an emerging market for non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs owing to rising health care infrastructure, gradual development of medical infrastructure, growing awareness, and large patient pool. However, lack of proper treatment and low patient awareness are factors restraining the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs market in regions such as Middle East & Africa and Latin America.
Major players operating in the non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs market include Bayer HealthCare Pharmaceuticals LLC, Pfizer, Inc., Reckitt Benckiser Group plc, Novartis International AG, and Daiichi Sankyo Company, Limited.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.