Nasal Polyps Treatment Market
Nasal Polyps Treatment Market (Type of Treatment: Pharmacological Therapies (Corticosteroids, Antibiotics, Leukotriene Inhibitors, Others), and Surgeries (Polypectomy, Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)); End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Specialty Clinics) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Nasal Polyps Treatment Market: Increasing Efficacy of Treatments through Ongoing Research
The healthcare industry is primarily driven by constant research experiments, and the nasal polyps treatment market is no exception, as it is evolving rapidly with the unique outcomes of these studies to improve the effectiveness of therapies. Extensive studies on nasal polyps are leading to new treatment opportunities for health conditions such as asthma, sinusitis, allergies, and more. These studies are laying the foundation for understanding the causes of developing nasal polyps, and introducing more effective treatments in this landscape.
Recently, NIAID (National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases) initiated a study to understand the causes of, and ultimately develop treatments for nasal polyps. The study found that, exposure of the epithelial cells to Dupilumab, a drug used to treat patients suffering from asthma and allergic inflammation, can influence shifts in gene expression and cell behavior. However, the study also found that, the same impact was not completely observed on several polyp-associated genes, suggesting the need for innovation in nasal polyps treatments that can also be effective on other polyps-related diseases.
Studies have also found that, the prevalence of chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps is increasing, and patients are tied to a high risk of depression and anxiety. This is creating the need for chronic rhinosinusitis treatments as well as medications that can shrink the size of nasal polyps while facilitating the treatment for rhinosinusitis, which is likely to incur transformational changes in the way nasal polyps are treated, in the coming years.
In terms of scope for the nasal polyps treatment market, the growth indicator is projected to show an immense rise in the coming years. The market is currently valued at ~US$ 3.9 billion, and is likely to reach ~US$ 4 billion by 2019 end. An increasing number of ongoing studies is expected to drive the rising tide of innovation in this landscape, and the nasal polyps treatment market is expected to witness impressive growth in the coming decade.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
Minimally-Invasive Surgical Treatments to Witness High Inclination from Patients
Patients’ preferences, shifting away from invasive treatments to non-invasive treatments, are having a significant impact on the emerging trends in the nasal polyps treatment market. Though the market is predominantly subjugated by pharmacological therapies such as corticosteroids, antibiotics, leukotriene inhibitors, hospitals and specialty clinics are also aiming to offer minimally-invasive surgical treatments that can cure, not only nasal polyps, but also various other health complications caused due to nasal polyps.
Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS)—a minimally-invasive surgical treatment for nasal polyps—is emerging as one of the most favored nasal polyps treatments by patients as well as medical professionals. Its adoption over invasive surgical treatments such as polypectomy surgery of nasal polyps, is mainly attributed to its minimally-invasive nature that allows surgeons to directly visualize the critical areas of the nasal passage, which signifies more comfort and efficiency for both, patients and medical professionals.
Though the rising pervasiveness of asthma, nasal polys, and sinusitis has led to an increase in the efforts for the development of novel, non-invasive therapies, many nasal polyps treatments are challenged by bygone therapies such as systemic or oral corticosteroids and intranasal sprays. Stakeholders are focusing on their novel therapies and treatments in the pipeline that can prove more effective and efficient than the ones that are already popular in the market. For instance, GlaxoSmithKline – a British multinational pharmaceutical company – announced that the European Commission has approved Nucala (mepolizumab), a targeted monoclonal antibody for the treatment of various health conditions, and is in the pipeline for further investigation for the treatment of nasal polyposis.
Want to know more such detailed insights of “Nasal Polyps Treatment Market”? Request a PDF sample here?
High Cost of Treatment and Post-surgical Complications Negatively Impact Market Growth
Although the number of stakeholders entering the nasal polyps treatment market is increasing rapidly, resistances such as inefficacy of pharmacological therapies, high cost of treatment, and complications associated with sinus surgeries are expected to slow down the growth of the nasal polyps treatment market in the coming years. These restraints are a result of common fears pertaining to steroid therapy, and the high risk of side effects such as weight gain, loss of bone mineral density, and cataract formation in the eyes.
In addition, some of the complications subject to sinus surgeries are excessive bleeding, cerebrospinal fluid leak, visual disturbances, postoperative scarring, and inflammation. Also the expensive procedure associated with functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) as compared to other low-cost alternatives such as courses of intranasal sprays, and the recurrence of diseases post-surgery, are hindering the growth prospects of surgical treatments in the global nasal polyps treatment market.
However, key competitors are strategically tackling these issues by broadening their product portfolios for nasal polyps therapies, and introducing innovative treatments that are cost-efficient as well as more effective, to secure their position as leading players in the nasal polyps treatment market. For example, in September 2018, Novartis International AG – a leading a Swiss multinational pharmaceutical company – announced that it has received an approval from the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for 75 mg/0.5 mL and 150 mg/1 mL single-dose prefilled syringes (PFS), which are used as an add-on formulation for both, chronic idiopathic urticaria (CIU) and allergic asthma indications with its new product – Xolair (Omalizumab).
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Analysts’ View of the Nasal Polyps Treatment Market
Authors of this report anticipate a favorable growth landscape for the nasal polyps treatment market over the forecast period of 2019–2027. The market is projected to expand its boundaries in North America, Asia Pacific, and Europe, with ongoing research directed towards introducing efficient treatments for nasal polyps, as well as other respiratory diseases triggered by the condition. The adoption of minimally-invasive surgical treatments is expected to increase among healthcare organizations; ambulatory surgical centers are projected to headline the winning race in the competitive landscape.
Functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) and other less-invasive surgeries are gaining traction among consumers as well as manufacturers. However common fears and stigma attached to steroid therapies, low-cost alternatives, short-term solutions, and recurrence of diseases post-surgery are some of the hindrances that are affecting the nasal polyps treatment market.
To deal with these challenges, market players must focus on prioritizing investments toward research & development to diversify their range of nasal polyps treatments. In addition, improving awareness about the efficacy of their products among end users will become inevitable, and collaborating with key players to co-promote novel treatments will help them improve their sales performance in this landscape.
Global Nasal Polyps Treatment Market: Overview
- The global nasal polyps treatment market was valued at ~US$ 3.9 Bn in 2018, and is projected to reach ~US$ 6 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~5% from 2019 to 2027.
- The global nasal polyps treatment market is driven primarily by the rise in the prevalence of chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps across the globe.
- Nasal polyps are soft, painless, fleshy swellings or non-cancerous growths in the paranasal sinuses and lining in the nasal passages due to chronic inflammation of the mucosa.
- Nasal congestion or obstruction, sinofacial pain and pressure, loss of sense of smell, and rhinorrhea are the major symptoms associated with nasal polyps.
- Pharmacological therapies such as corticosteroids, antibiotics, leukotriene inhibitors, and antihistamines, and surgical procedures such as functional endoscopic sinus surgery and polypectomy are the major options for nasal polyps treatment.
Global Nasal Polyps Treatment Market: Drivers & Restraints
- The global nasal polyps treatment market is growing at a rapid pace, owing to an increase in the population diagnosed with nasal polyps, rise in the prevalence of co-morbidities such as asthma, surge in the demand for minimally-invasive surgeries, and rich pipeline of nasal polyps treatment options.
- Chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps (CRSwNP) is a highly common condition affecting the population aged 30 years and above. The disease is more common in men than women. It is estimated that nasal polyps is prevalent in 1% to 4% of the general population across the globe.
- However, high cost and complications associated with sinus surgical procedures, including cerebrospinal fluid leak, excessive bleeding, visual disturbances, postoperative scarring, inflammation, and recurrence of nasal polyps are anticipated to hamper the global nasal polyps treatment market during the forecast period.
Global Nasal Polyps Treatment Market: Market Segmentation
- The global nasal polyps treatment market has been segmented based on type of treatment, end user, and region. In terms of type of treatment, the global nasal polyps treatment market has been categorized into pharmacological therapies and surgeries.
- The pharmacological therapies segment dominated the global nasal polyps treatment market in 2018, and is projected to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Pharmacological therapies have been classified into corticosteroids, antibiotics, leukotriene inhibitors, and others. The corticosteroids sub-segment is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, owing to an increase in the demand for topical corticosteroids in the form of intranasal sprays and drops.
- Topical corticosteroids induce a non-specific anti-inflammatory response that helps reduce or shrink the size of nasal polyps, and thereby help relieve the symptoms of nasal polyps in patients. Nasonex (mometasone) and Xhance (fluticasone propionate) are the major corticosteroid brands available in the market.
- Based on end user, the global nasal polyps treatment market has been segmented into ambulatory surgical centers, hospitals, and specialty clinics.
- The hospitals segment is anticipated to account for a significant share of the global nasal polyps treatment market during the forecast period. Growth of the segment can be attributed to the rise in the demand for sinus surgeries for the removal of nasal polyps, leading to increased hospitalization and wide range of services offered by hospitals at a single site.
Global Nasal Polyps Treatment Market: Regional Segmentation
- Geographically, the global nasal polyps treatment market has been categorized into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and the Middle East & Africa
- North America
- North America accounted for a prominent share of the global nasal polyps treatment market in 2018. It is anticipated to continue to dominate the global nasal polyps treatment market during the forecast period. The presence of a large target population that is affected by chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps and increasing sinus surgeries performed in the U.S. are the major factors attributed to the region’s dominance.
- According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), nearly 30 million adults are affected with chronic sinusitis in the U.S. Of these, 25% to 30% patients, i.e., 10 million adults, have nasal polyposis.
- The nasal polyps treatment market in Europe is anticipated to expand at a considerable CAGR from 2019 to 2027, owing to the presence of a large geriatric population, high prevalence of osteoarthritis, increase in the number of nasal polyps treatment surgeries, and well-established market players in the region.
- The nasal polyps treatment market in the U.K. is likely to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to the high prevalence of chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS), which is a highly prevalent condition affecting 10% of the adult population of the country.
- According to the National Institute for Health Sciences (NHS), there were 18,409 admissions for chronic sinusitis and nasal polyps in England in 2015.
- Asia Pacific
- The nasal polyps treatment market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a significant CAGR from 2019 to 2027. The presence of a large patient pool with inflammatory and respiratory disorders in developing countries such as India and China, and increase in sinus surgeries performed in developed countries in the region, are anticipated to propel the nasal polyps treatment market.
Global Nasal Polyps Treatment Market: Major Players
Key players operating in the global nasal polyps treatment market include
- Merck & Co, Inc.
- OptiNose US, Inc.
- Intersect ENT, Inc.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
These companies have diverse portfolios of nasal polyps treatments along with a strong presence across the globe.
- Industry players focus on research and development activities along with strategic collaborations & partnerships for new product launches in order to expand their product portfolio and strengthen their position in the global nasal polyps treatment market.
- For instance, in September 2017, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved XHANCE, a fluticasone propionate corticosteroid nasal spray manufactured by OptiNose US, Inc. This nasal spray helps administer medication deep inside the nose, leading to the effective treatment of nasal polyps in patients aged 18 and above.
[168 Pages Report] A new study on the global nasal polyps treatment market was published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on the key market dynamics, including the drivers, market trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the nasal polyps treatment market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the nasal polyps treatment market, to illustrate how growth will discern during the forecast period of 2019–2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain as well as supply chain analysis, and Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the nasal polyps treatment market during the forecast period.
An extensive analysis on leading market players’ business strategies is also featured in TMR’s study on the nasal polyps treatment market. This can help readers understand principal factors to foresee growth in the nasal polyps treatment market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues for the nasal polyps treatment market, which will guide market players in making apt decisions in the future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Nasal Polyps Treatment Market Study
- What is the scope of growth of nasal polyps treatment companies in the surgical treatment sector?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the nasal polyps treatment market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of the changing trends in technologies on the nasal polyps treatment market?
- Will North America continue to remain the most profitable regional market for nasal polyps treatment providers?
- Which factors will impede the growth of the nasal polyps treatment market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global nasal polyps treatment market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the nasal polyps treatment market, and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary resources referred to by analysts during the production of the nasal polyps treatment market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the nasal polyps treatment market, as a primary resource.
These primary and secondary resources provided exclusive information during the interviews, which serves as a validation from nasal polyps treatment industry leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows for this report to address specific details and questions about the nasal polyps treatment market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment, and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the nasal polyps treatment market more reliable and accurate.
Segmentation of the Nasal Polyps Treatment Market
TMR’s study on the nasal polyps treatment market includes information bifurcated into three sections - by type of treatment, by end user, and by region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the nasal polyps treatment market are discussed in detail.
Type of Treatment
Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Middle East & Africa