Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market: Introduction
- Muscle relaxation drugs are a group of medicines used to reduce and relax tension in muscles during spasms, hyperreflexia, and muscle pain. Muscle relaxation therapy is also given to patients having problems in mobility and impairments. Professional physiotherapists efficiently diagnose and treat these medical conditions.
- Muscle relaxation drugs and therapy services are used in combination to improve functional ability of different body organs and simultaneously advance quality of life
- Presently, two types of muscle relaxants are available in the market: direct acting and centrally acting. Neuromuscular blocking agents are also known as direct acting muscle relaxants. These act by interfering with the transmission of neurons at the neuromuscular junction end plate. Centrally acting muscle relaxants are termed as spasmolytic agents. Spasmolytic agents usually act by interfering with the stimulated pathway between spinal cord and brain.
- Similarly, during muscle relaxation physiotherapy, pressure is applied on soft tissues and joints by using devices or manually which enables their free movement. This increases blood circulation and relaxes muscles.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market
- The global muscle relaxation therapy market is projected to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years. Increase in geriatric population, rise in prevalence of chronic back pain, and surge in number of accidental injuries are anticipated to drive the global muscle relaxation therapy market in the near future. According to research findings by the WHO (2017), lifetime prevalence of lower back pain is projected to be 60% to 70% among the overall population in industrialized countries. Dantrolene, tizanidine, and baclofen are some of the FDA approved drugs used to treat spasticity. Methocarbamol, metaxalone, orphenadrine, carisoprodol, chlorzoxazone, and cyclobenzaprine are some of the drugs approved for muscle spasms.
- Increase in the number of muscle relaxation physiotherapy services offered is expected to drive the global market in next few years. For example, oncology therapy is provided to patients suffering from cancer which relieves pain and improves quality of life.
- However, side effects associated with muscle relaxant drugs and therapies such as sedation, dizziness, and discomfort are factors likely to restrain the global muscle relaxation therapy market.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market
- North America dominates the global muscle relaxation therapy market due to advancements in health care & technologies, high adoption rate, and high per capita income. Additionally, increase in number of surgical procedures in the U.S. which can increase the chances of developing chronic lower back problems is expected to drive the muscle relaxation therapy market in North America. According to research reports published by the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (2017), more than 100 million adults in the U.S. experienced musculoskeletal pain disorder in 2016.
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the most lucrative market for muscle relaxation therapy in the near future due to rapidly developing medical & technological infrastructure and increase in government initiatives
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global muscle relaxation therapy market is highly saturated, with key manufacturers implementing various strategies to gain maximum share
Leading players operating in the global muscle relaxation therapy market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Valeant Pharmaceutical International, Inc.
- Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- AmeriCare Physical Therapy
- FullMotion Physical Therapy
- Minsu Healing Oasis LLC
Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market: Research Scope
Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market, by Application
- Cardiovascular & Pulmonary
- Palliative Care
Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market, by Drug Class
- Peripherally Acting Muscle Relaxants
- Centrally Acting Muscle Relaxants
Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.