Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market: Introduction
- Muscle relaxation drugs are a group of medicines used to reduce and relax tension in muscles during spasms, hyperreflexia, and muscle pain. Muscle relaxation therapy is also given to patients having problems in mobility and impairments. Professional physiotherapists efficiently diagnose and treat these medical conditions.
- Muscle relaxation drugs and therapy services are used in combination to improve functional ability of different body organs and simultaneously advance quality of life
- Presently, two types of muscle relaxants are available in the market: direct acting and centrally acting. Neuromuscular blocking agents are also known as direct acting muscle relaxants. These act by interfering with the transmission of neurons at the neuromuscular junction end plate. Centrally acting muscle relaxants are termed as spasmolytic agents. Spasmolytic agents usually act by interfering with the stimulated pathway between spinal cord and brain.
- Similarly, during muscle relaxation physiotherapy, pressure is applied on soft tissues and joints by using devices or manually which enables their free movement. This increases blood circulation and relaxes muscles.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market
- The global muscle relaxation therapy market is projected to grow at a rapid pace in the next few years. Increase in geriatric population, rise in prevalence of chronic back pain, and surge in number of accidental injuries are anticipated to drive the global muscle relaxation therapy market in the near future. According to research findings by the WHO (2017), lifetime prevalence of lower back pain is projected to be 60% to 70% among the overall population in industrialized countries. Dantrolene, tizanidine, and baclofen are some of the FDA approved drugs used to treat spasticity. Methocarbamol, metaxalone, orphenadrine, carisoprodol, chlorzoxazone, and cyclobenzaprine are some of the drugs approved for muscle spasms.
- Increase in the number of muscle relaxation physiotherapy services offered is expected to drive the global market in next few years. For example, oncology therapy is provided to patients suffering from cancer which relieves pain and improves quality of life.
- However, side effects associated with muscle relaxant drugs and therapies such as sedation, dizziness, and discomfort are factors likely to restrain the global muscle relaxation therapy market.
North America to Hold Major Share of Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market
- North America dominates the global muscle relaxation therapy market due to advancements in health care & technologies, high adoption rate, and high per capita income. Additionally, increase in number of surgical procedures in the U.S. which can increase the chances of developing chronic lower back problems is expected to drive the muscle relaxation therapy market in North America. According to research reports published by the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health (2017), more than 100 million adults in the U.S. experienced musculoskeletal pain disorder in 2016.
- Asia Pacific is likely to be the most lucrative market for muscle relaxation therapy in the near future due to rapidly developing medical & technological infrastructure and increase in government initiatives
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global muscle relaxation therapy market is highly saturated, with key manufacturers implementing various strategies to gain maximum share
Leading players operating in the global muscle relaxation therapy market are:
- Abbott Laboratories
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Valeant Pharmaceutical International, Inc.
- Acorda Therapeutics, Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- AmeriCare Physical Therapy
- FullMotion Physical Therapy
- Minsu Healing Oasis LLC
Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market: Research Scope
Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market, by Application
- Cardiovascular & Pulmonary
- Palliative Care
Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market, by Drug Class
- Peripherally Acting Muscle Relaxants
- Centrally Acting Muscle Relaxants
Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Muscle Relaxation Therapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.