Motor Driver ICs Market
Motor Driver ICs Market (Motor Type: Brushed DC Motor, Brushless DC Motor, and Stepper Motor; Maximum Supply Voltage: Below 12V, 12V – 24V, 24V – 48V, and Above 48V; and End-use Industry: Automotive, Consumer Electronics, Industrial, Medical, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
- Electronics & Semiconductors
- 161 Pages
New Motor Driver ICs Gain Recognition during Coronavirus Crisis
The global automotive industry is operating in a staggered manner due to poor market sentiment, owing to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is anticipated to affect the growth of the motor driver ICs market. Stakeholders are maintaining robust supply chains for essential applications in medical and industrial end markets.
Though the global economy is witnessing a slowdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic, new motor driver ICs are being introduced. Texas Instruments Incorporated - the U.S. technology company, is gaining recognition for its new brushless DC (BLDC) motor driver for 48V systems to increase energy efficiency in hybrid electric vehicles. Such trends are helping to revive growth of the motor driver ICs market.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Motor Driver ICs Market
Cost, Space Limitations in Electronic Products Create Challenges for Semiconductor Companies
The motor driver ICs market is estimated to advance at a favorable CAGR of 6.14% during the forecast tenure. However, there is a need to overcome design challenges such as cost and space limitations in electronic products. Infineon Technologies - a provider of semiconductor and system solutions, is gaining cognizance about these challenges and is providing integrated motor control ICs that that adhere to different technical requirements and budgets.
Semiconductor manufacturers are increasing the availability of motor driver ICs that increase the robustness and reliability of electronic devices. The growing trend of miniaturization is creating incremental opportunities for motor driver ICs manufacturers. As such, there is a demand for consumer electronics that are compact in design, reduce power losses, and increase their overall efficiency.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Robust Motor Driver ICs Meet High, Low Voltage Demands
Companies in the motor driver ICs market are boosting their output capacities in brushless DC motor driver ICs and stepping motor driver ICs. Toshiba Electronics Devices & Storage Corporation is expanding its product portfolio in motor driver ICs that are suitable for low voltage demands in battery-operated applications. Manufacturers are increasing the availability of motor driver ICs that adhere to high voltage demands such as air conditioner fan motors.
Due to the increasing needs of energy savings and quiet motor operation, manufacturers in the motor driver ICs market are boosting their production in brushless DC motor driver ICs. Robust brushed DC motor driver ICs are being used for high current demands.
Embedded Motion Control Algorithms Help Simplify Designs in Electronic Systems
Safe, robust, and reliable motor driver ICs are being preferred in automotive, electronics, and industrial applications. Allegro MicroSystems - a provider of advanced semiconductor technology and application-specific algorithms, is building its portfolio in motor drivers that deploy industry-leading robustness and safety.
Semiconductor companies in the motor driver ICs market are helping clients to run motors quietly, efficiently, and reliably in consumer, automotive, and industrial applications. They are increasing their R&D in embedded motion control algorithms that help to simplify designs whilst improving motor performance. Manufacturers are boosting their production capabilities in brushless DC drivers that help develop cost-optimized systems in automotive, consumer, and industrial applications. They are developing highly integrated system in packages (SIP) specifically designed to drive three-phase brushless DC motors.
Cleaning, Consumer Robots Translating into Revenue Opportunities for Manufacturers
There is a growing demand for motor driver ICs that comply with demanding automotive environments. Manufacturers in the motor driver ICs market are increasing their production capabilities to leverage incremental opportunities with the help of gardening tools, drones, and cordless vacuums, among others. Innovations in cleaning and consumer robots are translating into revenue opportunities for manufacturers in the motor driver ICs market.
The highly integrated system in package (SIP) is used in combination with BLDC motors to power consumer electronics. On the other hand, manufacturers in the motor driver ICs market are increasing the availability for high voltage, self-powered, and half-bridge motor drivers that are being used in industrial and factory automation equipment.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Motor Driver ICs Market
Since business activities have slowed down in the automotive industry, manufacturers are investing in R&D to develop new systems and focusing on essential med-tech applications. The motor driver ICs market is estimated to reach a valuation of US$ 6.93 Bn by 2031. However, it has been found that improving motor drive efficiency can be a potentially complicated process. Hence, companies should increase their research in brushless DC motor driver ICs that deliver energy savings whilst improving motor drive efficiency. Fans, pumps, and compressor motor drives are being deployed in HVAC applications, refrigerators, and dishwashers, among others. Manufacturers are designing motor driver ICs for battery-operated applications.
Motor Driver ICs Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global motor driver ICs market for the historical period of 2017–2019 and the forecast period of 2021–2031, usage of motor driver ICs in automotive, consumer electronics, industrial, medical, and other applications is expected to boost the global motor driver ICs market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global motor driver ICs market is estimated to exceed value of US$ 6.93 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of 6.14% during the forecast period
Growing Industrial Automation: Key Driver of Motor Driver ICs Market
- Rise in automation in every industry across the globe to enhance production is likely to increase the installation of industrial robots, which, in turn, is projected to significantly propel the motor driver ICs market
- Motor driver ICs are largely used in industrial automation processes, such as tool machines and robots, logistics systems, food, and packaging. This is a major factor driving the motor driver ICs market across the globe.
- Increase in need to boost productivity and speed up the assembly line process are anticipated to drive the use of robots in industrial applications and consequently, fuel the motor driver ICs market
- Manufacturers are using industrial robots that are operated and controlled by motor drivers; these robots perform operations at high speeds with precision using less power. This is likely to boost the motor driver ICs market across the globe during the forecast period.
- Demand for motor driver ICs is estimated to increase over the next few years, and major players in the motor driver ICs market are utilizing the economies of scale to cater to the rising demand
- However, major motor driver ICs are designed for applications that require low voltage supply range. This is projected to hamper the motor driver ICs market across the globe. Motor driver ICs are not used in every motor, which is likely to further restrain the motor driver ICs market across the globe.
Consumer Electronics to Lead Global Market
- Motor driver ICs are extensively utilized in diverse industries, ranging from automotive to medical. A massive influx of consumer electronics and significant improvements in the semiconductor industry, in terms of Al applications, device architectures, chip performance, and production costs are expected to offer opportunities for key players operating in the motor driver ICs market across the globe.
- Rise in use of smartphones and laptops is projected to fuel the motor driver ICs market across the globe
- Rapid expansion of small- and medium-scale industries across the globe is estimated to increase the demand for industrial robots and subsequently, boost the integration of motor driver ICs in industrial applications
- Introduction to smart devices in the industrial applications that are connected through wireless and Bluetooth is anticipated to offer more lucrative opportunities for the motor driver ICs market during the forecast period. Rapid integration of advanced technology in industrial applications, including connected motors, connected robots is driving the demand for motor driver ICs in industrial applications. Rapid expansion of robotics applications in every industry is expected to propel the motor driver ICs market across the globe.
- Thus, increase in the demand for wireless networking and IoT technology in North America and Asia Pacific is projected to boost the global motor driver ICs market during the forecast period
Motor Driver ICs Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of motor driver ICs have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global motor driver ICs market are
- Allegro MicroSystems, Inc.
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Maxim Integrated
- Microchip Technology Inc.
- NXP Semiconductors
- ON Semiconductor
- Panasonic Corporation
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Dialog Semiconductor
- New Japan Radio Co.,Ltd.
- Performance Motion Devices, Inc.
- Power Integrations
- Rohm Semiconductor
- Diodes Incorporated
Motor Driver ICs Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of motor driver ICs such as ABB, NXP Semiconductors, Infineon Technologies AG, NXP Semiconductors, Panasonic Corporation, and Microchip Technology Inc. are focused on the design of cost-effective motor driver ICs to attract more customers. Other key developments in the global motor driver ICs market have been highlighted below:
- In November 2020, Infineon Technologies AG, and GT Advanced Technologies signed an agreement to supply silicon carbide (SiC) boules. This contract has an initial term of five years. Currently, Infineon already markets the industry’s largest product portfolio for industrial applications and is rapidly expanding its offerings toward consumer and automotive products.
- In November 2020, STMicroelectronics and YTO Group Corporation signed an agreement to establish a joint laboratory in YTO’s Research Institute of Intelligence and Information in Luoyang, Henan province, China. This laboratory is built for the research and development of electronic solutions for engine, vehicle, and agricultural controls in tractors.
- In October 2020, ABB acquired Codian Robotics B.V., a provider of delta robots used for high precision pick and place applications. This acquisition is estimated to accelerate the company’s engagement in delta robots.
- In August 2020, Allegro Microsystems acquired Voxtel Inc. to drive LiDAR solutions for advanced automotive safety systems. This acquisition is estimated to help the company to bring together Voxtel’s significant laser and imaging expertise with Allegro’s automotive leadership and scale to enable the next generation of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
- In June 2019, ON Semiconductor acquired Quantenna Communications Inc. to create a strong platform to address connectivity solutions for industrial IoT by combining its expertise in power management and Bluetooth technologies, Wi-Fi technologies, and software capabilities
- In the global motor driver ICs market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of motor driver ICs. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global motor driver ICs market.
Motor Driver ICs Market – Scope of Report
A new study on the global motor driver ICs market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information on key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges for the global motor driver ICs market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global motor driver ICs market in order to illustrate how the market is expected to expand during the forecast period, i.e. 2021–2031.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global motor driver ICs market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players is also featured in TMR’s study on the global motor driver ICs market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global river ICs market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global motor driver ICs market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study of Motor Driver ICs Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global motor driver ICs market between 2021 and 2031?
- What is the influence of changing trends in the type segment on the global motor driver ICs market?
- Would Asia Pacific continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of motor driver ICs in the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global motor driver ICs market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global motor driver ICs market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global motor driver ICs market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global motor driver ICs market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to production of TMR’s study on the global Motor Driver ICs market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global motor driver ICs market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global motor driver ICs market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global motor driver ICs market more reliable and accurate.
Motor Driver ICs Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global motor driver ICs market segments the market based on motor type, maximum supply voltage, end-use industry, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global motor driver ICs market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.
|Maximum Supply Voltage||