Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market (Application: Additives, Preservatives, Flavor Enhancers, Acidity Regulators, and Others; and End Use: Food Processing, Medical & Pharmaceutical, Livestock, Personal Care & Cosmetics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Indian Regulations on Trans-fats, MSG Influence Product Sales during COVID-19 Pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic has made individuals across the world increasingly health-conscious. Since August 2020, the Indian Government has been under scrutiny to finalize regulations to limit trans-fats in food products. Naturally, this has created ripple effects in the India monosodium glutamate (MSG) market, as even sodium glutamate is found to increase the risk of obesity, central nervous system disorder, and reproductive malfunctions in people.
Brands such as Papa John’s are gaining recognition during the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, since it has removed monosodium glutamate (MSG) from its ranch dressing and pulled trans-fats from its garlic sauce. Companies in the India monosodium glutamate (MSG) market are taking cues from such trends and taking efforts to limit the use of MSG in its food products, as a high number of COVID-positive patients have existing comorbidities.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Xenophobia-born Misinformation Led to Awareness About Plant-based MSG
The monosodium glutamate (MSG) market is expected to register a modest CAGR of ~5% during the assessment period. This is evident since one of the biggest challenges for manufacturers is to address the xenophobia-born misinformation. During the end of 2020, Ajinomoto Co., Inc. - a Japan-based food and biotechnology corporation announced a new campaign to address the heart of MSG’s perception problem in the U.S., owing to the xenophobia-born misinformation.
While MSG is considered safe for the consumption by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), there remains uncertainties and disagreements about the ingredient’s effects on one’s health. Manufacturers are creating awareness that they are increasing R&D activities to develop plant-based MSG, and are including the ingredient on the label of products.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Personal Care Brands Partner with Experts in Amino Acid-based Solutions
Since MSG is subject to xenophobia-born misinformation in food products, manufacturers in the monosodium glutamate (MSG) market are increasing awareness about trusted amino acid-based ingredients in personal care products and cosmetics. Companies are acquiring a strong research base in amino acid technologies that help to craft specialty and personal care products that protect and nourish hair and skin.
Cosmetics and personal care brands are likely to partner with experts in the monosodium glutamate (MSG) market to innovate in amino acid-based solutions and formulations. In order to boost credibility, amino acids are being produced under cGMP (Current Good Manufacturing Practice) regulations with non-animal materials.
Plant-based Glutamic Acid Gains Prominence in Medicines, Pharmaceutical Products
Apart from food and personal care products, manufacturers in the monosodium glutamate (MSG) market are tapping into stable revenue streams in medicines and pharmaceutical products. The glutamic acid is found to enhance cellular metabolism, and plays a crucial function in the human body’s disposal of surplus nitrogen. Since monosodium glutamate is associated with side effects such as swelling of nose, skin issues, and dizziness, stakeholders are increasing awareness about doctor consultation for MSG containing medicines and pharmaceutical products.
As far as high protein foods including eggs, fish, meat, and milk are concerned, manufacturers in the monosodium glutamate (MSG) market are focusing on vegetable sources for glutamic acid such as from beets, maize, spinach, and cabbage, among others.
Specialized Equipment Help Control Monosodium Glutamate Crystallization Process for Product Quality
The monosodium glutamate (MSG) market is predicted to surpass the revenue of US$ 5.8 Bn by 2031. Vaisala Oyj - a Finland-based company that develops products & services for environmental and industrial measurement, is taking efforts to gain control over the monosodium glutamate crystallization process to ensure consistent product quality. Food processing applications such as snack food, salad dressings, seasoning mixtures, and the likes are creating stable income streams for companies in the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market.
Companies are making use of specialized equipment to measure the total density in the MSG crystallization process. This measurement helps to keep the supersaturation levels within specifications. Such measurement methods are being used for automatic control of the evaporation to achieve target concentration and reduce energy costs.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market for Performance OEM , ask for a customized report
After the spread of awareness about the adverse effects of trans-fats on human health, consumers are becoming conscious about MSG in food products to ensure optimum health during the coronavirus pandemic. Manufacturers in the monosodium glutamate (MSG) market are increasing the availability for high quality amino acid-based ingredients and solutions for personal care products that are paraben-free and biodegradable. However, manufacturers need to address the xenophobia-born misinformation about food products. Hence, manufacturers should increase focus on the use of plant-derived MSG that is being used in food, personal care, and pharmaceutical products to reduce possible side effects in individuals. Moreover, companies should adhere to cGMP for boosting their credibility credentials.
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market: Overview
- Monosodium glutamate, or MSG, is one of the most abundant, naturally occurring non-essential amino acid in variety of foods. Its usage as a food additive and a flavor enhancer has been gaining worldwide traction for the past few years. It is added to a wide range of dairy and bakery products consumed in several countries the world over. Additionally, MSG is extensively utilized in sauces, milk, and meat products, cheeses, seasonal blends, and instant noodles. Rise in usage of MSG-containing food served by institutional food service providers is also boosting the market. MSG has been extensively used in fast food, convenience food, and functional food products the world over for several years.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market for the actual year 2020, and the forecast period of 2021 to 2031, rise in usage of monosodium glutamate in applications such as food additives is a key factor that is anticipated to boost the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market is expected to exceed US$ 5.8 Bn by 2031, expanding at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period
Rise in Demand for Monosodium Glutamate as Food Additive: Key Driver of Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market
- The global food processing industry has been continuously developing and expanding. It is a highly demanding industry, as processed food accounts for 80% of the global food sales. The packaged food industry is a leading segment of the global food processing industry.
- The global food processing industry has been expanding rapidly, owing to an increase in population and income of consumers. It plays a key role in the global economy. In terms of value, the food processing segment is projected to exceed US$ 4 Trn by 2024.
- Monosodium glutamate is extensively employed in processed food as a food additive. It also offers meaty and savory taste in processed food. This is driving the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market.
Increase in Global Meat Consumption to Boost Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market
- Rise in consumption of meat in various developed as well as developing countries is a major factor that is expected to propel the demand for monosodium glutamate, which is used as animal feed, during the forecast period. Increase in demand for ready-to-eat meat products is a key factor driving the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market. Additionally, rise in per capita income of people in developing countries and rise in demand for frozen meat products, especially among the working population, are anticipated to boost the global meat segment during the forecast period.
- Rapid expansion of the animal husbandry industry, especially in developing countries, and increase in government initiatives, such as subsidies and schemes, to promote the growth of cattle are other key factors projected to drive the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market in the near future
- The global processed meat segment was valued at more than US$ 1.5 Trn, owing to an increase in disposable income and diverse culinary styles. Thus, expansion of the industry is anticipated to augment the monosodium glutamate (MSG) market during the forecast period.
Food Processing Dominates Demand for Monosodium Glutamate
- In terms of end use, the food processing segment held a major share of the monosodium glutamate (MSG) market in 2020. Monosodium glutamate is extensively utilized in food processing as an additive and flavor enhancer. The food processing industry is projected to exceed US$ 4 Trn by 2024, thus rapid expansion of the food processing industry is projected to drive the demand for monosodium glutamate.
- Other highly lucrative segments of the monosodium glutamate (MSG) market include medical & pharmaceutical and livestock
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of monosodium glutamate have been included in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global
- Ajinomoto Co., Inc.
- Ningxia Eppen Biotech Co., Ltd
- Cargill, Incorporated
- Fufeng Group Company Limited
- MEIHUA HOLDINGS GROUP CO., LTD.
- Vedan International (Holdings) Limited
- Shandong Qilu Biotechnology Group Co., Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Corporation Life Sciences Limited
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market: Major Developments
- Key providers such as Ajinomoto Co., Inc. and others are focusing on expansion of their facilities, owing to rise in demand for monosodium glutamate in various applications and end-use industries. These vendors have adopted various organic and inorganic growth strategies to expand their product portfolio and geographic footprint.
- In the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of monosodium glutamate. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market.
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market in order to accurately gauge its future growth. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and trends that are creating a landscape for the growth of the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market so as to identify growth opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market would expand during the forecast period of 2021 to 2031.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure growth of the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects of the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market and estimates statistics related to growth of the market in terms of volume (kilo tons) and value (US$ Bn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market, along with key information and a competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and implemented by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market
The report provides detailed information about the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market on the basis of a comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market, so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which end use segment of the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market would emerge as major revenue generator during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of advantages of monosodium glutamate?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market between 2021 and 2031?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market?
- Which segment is expected to create lucrative opportunities for the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market?
Research Methodology – Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible sources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts for the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine sources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market.
Monosodium Glutamate (MSG) Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market in terms of application, end use, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and trends associated with different segments of the market and how they are influencing growth prospects of the global monosodium glutamate (MSG) market.