Microplate Washers Market
Microplate Washers Market (Modality: Automated and Manual; Type: Strip Washers and Full-plate Washers; Application: ELISA, Vacuum Filtration, Bead Washing, Cell-based Assay, and Others; and End User: Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Industries, Academics & Research Institutes, and Labs & Diagnostic Centers) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Research Labs Use Microplate Washers to Document Laboratory-developed COVID-19 Tests
Microplate washer manufacturers are partnering with testing labs to fight the battle against COVID-19 (coronavirus). There is an unprecedented demand for microplate washers, since labs and diagnostic centers are increasing their research capabilities to innovate in new vaccines and drugs that help to combat the novel coronavirus. In order to support laboratory assay validation of COVID-19 testing, companies are joining forces with research institutes. Manufacturers in the microplate washers market are increasing awareness about their extensive product portfolio to help labs validate their COVID-19 assay results and accelerate the access to testing.
Specific guidelines by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), U.S., has compelled research labs to abide by the federal regulatory standards. Since laboratories have to establish and document their own performance specifications, companies in the microplate washers market are partnering with these labs to better their laboratory-developed COVID-19 tests.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Microplate Washer Market
Multi-mode Washer Dispensers Automate Media Exchange for 3D Cell Structures
Automation is playing a key role in speeding up ELISA (Enzyme-linked Immunosorbent Assay) and cell based assay applications. Modular microplate washers are in high demand, since the help to automate several processes including plate washing and dispensing for life science applications. Biotek, an innovator in life science instrumentation, is increasing its marketing capabilities to promote its multi-mode washer dispensers that meet convenience requirements of researchers, owing to its compact size. Companies in the microplate washers market are increasing their production capabilities in automated devices that are capable of replacing multiple instruments in a time efficient manner.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure?
Life science applications, such as high content screening, immunocytochemistry, and magnetic bead assays are fueling the demand for automated microplate washers. Companies in the microplate washers market are introducing comprehensive and easy-to-use onboard software in instruments that provide utmost flexibility in automated media exchange for 3D cell structures.
Full-plate Washers Versus Strip Washers: Which is better?
Multi-channel microplate washers are being extensively used in high-throughput applications. Hence, measurement technology expert Berthold Technologies is increasing its production capabilities to manufacture high-end multi-channel microplate washers that meet challenging specifications in bioanalytic applications. As such, full-plate washers are anticipated to dominate a larger share of the revenue as compared to strip washers. Manufacturers in the microplate washers market are engineering full-plate washing heads in high-performance full-plate washers.
Since washing strips one by one is more time consuming, companies in the microplate washers market are focusing on manufacturing full-plate microplate washers that are playing an instrumental role in time-critical assays and high-throughput applications. However, full-plate washers are more expensive than strip washers. However, better performance attributes of full-plate washers offset its high cost price. For instance, most full-plate washers can be angled in different ways to ensure gentle washing of cells.
Multichannel MVS Systems Help Improve Outcomes in Assays
Modular and upgradable microplate washers with autoclavable fluid paths are revolutionizing processes of plate washing and dispensing. However, lack of knowledge regarding proper care and maintenance of automated microplate washers is posing as a challenge for manufacturers. Hence, companies in the microplate washers market are increasing awareness about proper care and maintenance of devices to promote long-term, error-free use of the system.
The lack of proper care of instruments leads to incomplete removal of unbound material, which may affect clinical outcomes. Hence, manufacturers in the microplate washers market are emphasizing on various care and maintenance practices that improve the product lifecycle of systems. Research institutes are using microplate washers, along with MVS (Multiple Virtual Storage) verification systems to better clinical outcomes. For instance, Artel- a provider of data integrity and regulatory compliance solutions for life science labs, is promoting its Artel MVS multichannel verification system, which accelerates assay optimization.
Compact & Programmable Systems Create Lucrative Business Opportunities in Developing Countries
As governments are increasing efforts to better healthcare environments in developing countries, manufacturers in the microplate washers market are capitalizing on this trend to maximize their business potentials. For instance, Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., a manufacturer of products for the clinical diagnostics sector is broadening its supply chains for their PW 41 microplate washer, which is a power, compact, and programmable system. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D capabilities to develop microplate washers with built-in vacuum and dispensing pumps.
The demand for microplate washers is surging in order to perform accurate and reproducible immunoassays in formats such as ELISA. Companies in the microplate washers market are gaining global recognition for introducing systems with preprogrammed wash sequences. This explains why the market is predicted to cross the revenue mark of US$ 700 Mn by the end of 2030.
Reliable Washer Systems Help Minimize Maintenance Associated with Clogged Probes
Companies in the microplate washers market are broadening their revenue streams via online sales. This is being achieved with reliable washer systems that are being used as bench-top devices. Researchers are using microplate washers with integrated robotic systems in high content screening applications. In order to boost their credibility in the microplate washers market, manufacturers are focusing on developing systems that are capable of washing high-end SBS (Society for Biomedical Sciences) formatted plates to eliminate the need for manifold exchange.
Design innovations, such as the slit manifold design of the SQUIRT™ multi-format microplate washer is being highly publicized in the market landscape. Innovative designs in microplate washers are being introduced to minimize maintenance associated with clogged probes. Improved microplate washers facilitate complete control of needle position, both horizontal and vertical.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
With the help of microplate washers, research labs are able to test the entire process of a molecular assay and detect coronavirus in the human genomic DNA. Companies in the microplate washers market are increasing their R&D efforts to maximize wash efficiencies in systems that adapt to various liquids, buffers, and assay components. However, lack of knowledge regarding proper care and maintenance of automated microplate washers is affecting the results of clinical tests, which explains a sluggish CAGR of ~3% during the forecast period. Hence, companies should advise researchers to used MVS verification systems, along with microplate washers to efficiently conduct performance qualification of systems.
Microplate Washers Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global microplate washers market for the historical period 2018–2019 and forecast period 2020–20230, rapid expansion of the life science industry is anticipated to drive the global microplate washers market
- Microplate washers are laboratory instruments designed to control the procedure of washing experimental samples arranged in plate-based formats. Microplate washers are used for multiple applications, such as Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assays (ELISAs), protein arrays, to wash cell culture Western blots and beads as well as applied in DNA purification protocols.
Increase in Need for High-throughput Screening to Drive Microplate Washers Market
- High-throughput Screening (HTS) is an automated process utilized in drug discovery and relevant to the fields of biology and chemistry. Automation is an important element in HTS's usefulness and includes robotic microplate and labware handling systems, liquid handling systems, colony pickers, and laboratory instrument control software. Thus, an increase in the demand for novel therapeutics, owing to high burden of chronic diseases is leading to increase in focus on research & development. This, in turn, drives the need for high throughput screening and consequently, drives the market.
Rapid Expansion of Life Science Industry Propels Microplate Washers Market
- Life science is a rapidly expanding sector in which technology combines with life science. Healthcare is an improving and diverse sector that encompasses everything from genetic engineering to the medical device technology to pharmaceutical research & development. Recent technological and scientific advantages with adoption of digital technologies and expansion in emerging markets are boosting the demand for highly automated devices. This, in turn, is driving the life science industry and subsequently, boosting the microplate washers market.
- Multiple applications of microplate washers in pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and life science industries, primarily for ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay), cell-based assay, and bead washing are anticipated to drive the market
High Cost and Lack of Popularity to Hamper Microplate Washers Market
- Cost of the instrument is a major factor that influences selection. Microplate washers are expensive and require significant expenditure for purchase and periodic maintenance. This, in turn, is estimated to hamper the microplate washers market.
- Microplate washers offer numerous benefits such as flexibility in well plate size, automated rinse in some models to reduce clogging, cross-wise aspiration to reduce residual volume within each well, and walk-up usability; however, the popularity of the equipment is low, which restrains the global microplate washers market
Microplate Washers Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global microplate washers market based on various attributes and recent developments
- The global microplate washers market is highly fragmented with the presence of numerous global as well as regional players
- Leading players operating in the global microplate washers market include
- Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
- Berthold Technologies GmbH & Co.KG
- Tecan Trading AG
- Molecular Devices, LLC (Danaher)
- BioTek Instruments, Inc. (Agilent Technologies)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Paramedical s.r.l.
- Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd,
Microplate Washers Market: Key Developments
- Key players in the global microplate washers market are engaged in regulatory approvals, technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are aimed at addressing unmet needs in the microplate washers market, strengthening the product portfolio, and investing in research & development. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global microplate washer market are:
- In March 2020, Thermo Fisher Scientific acquired QIAGEN N.V. to address emerging health care needs
- In December 2019, Molecular Devices, LLC opened a new research & development center located at Urstein Sued 17, 5412 Puch bei Hallein, Austria
- In August 2017, BioTek Instruments, Inc. launched the 800 TS and 50 TS microplate washer
- In November 2018, Thermo Fisher Scientific opened its first Bioprocess Design Center in Shanghai, China
- The report on the global microplate washers market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of microplate washers. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global microplate washers market.
Microplate Washers Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global microplate washers market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global microplate washers market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global microplate washers market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global microplate washers market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global microplate washers market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global microplate washers market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global microplate washers market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global microplate washers market. Key players operating in the global microplate washers market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global microplate washers market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Microplate Washers Market Report
- What is the scope of growth for product companies in the global microplate washers market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global microplate washers market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global microplate washers market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for microplate washers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the global microplate washers market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global microplate washers market?
A unique methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global microplate washers market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global microplate washers market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the microplate washers market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from microplate washers market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global microplate washers market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues of each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global microplate washers more reliably and accurately.
Microplate Washers Market – Segmentation