Microcrystalline Cellulose Market
Microcrystalline Cellulose Market for Food and Beverage, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care and Other End-users - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market: Key Highlights
- The global demand for microcrystalline cellulose is likely to reach cross US$ 1.46 Bn by 2027 with a CAGR of nearly 6% from 2019-2027. Rising demand for processed food coupled with boost in pharmaceutical production is anticipated to drive microcrystalline cellulose market from 2019 to 2027.
- Microcrystalline cellulose is used as an emulsifier, anticaking agent and texturizer in food & beverages, cosmetics, personal care and pharmaceutical industry. It is obtained from refining of wood pulp.
- When it comes to the manufacturing of cosmetic products there are number of prerequisites. Majority of these are foretold requirements with respect to the properties actions, and structure of the main ingredients. Microcrystalline cellulose has number of favorable properties and that has helped in the overall development of the global market in recent years.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market: Drivers and Opportunities
- One of the key trends that has emerged in the global microcrystalline cellulose market in recent years is the increasing popularity of biological leavening agents. Product managers and investors in the global market are concentrating on different sectors such as ethylcellulose, carboxymethyl cellulose, microcrystalline cellulose, and methylcellulose among others. These products have gained the status of new and innovative ingredient across a broad range of industries.
- Microcrystalline cellulose is among the most important and widely used excipients. It is a key diluent for drug formulations, and an essential component for almost every kind of oral dosage including tablets, capsules, sachets, pellets, and others. Increasing demand for pharmaceuticals as a consequence of growing global geriatric population base and the introduction of innovative products is expected to drive the global excipient demand and thereby, the demand for microcrystalline cellulose in the next few years.
- The primary reasons for the significant growth in the obese population are changing lifestyle, sedentary jobs, considerable consumption of junk food coupled with less exercise in daily routine. The related health risks associated with being overweight are remarkable and include cardiovascular disease, type-2 diabetes, hypertension, and stroke. Hence there is rise in demand for low fat products and use of microcrystalline cellulose in these food items increases the weight of the substance and also, the dietary fiber content. Moreover, the companies find the induction of microcrystalline cellulose to be cost effective and effectual in terms of providing health benefits for the consumers.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market: End-Use Overview
- The rapid growth in demand for microcrystalline cellulose from the pharmaceutical, and food & beverage segments is expected to rise due to its high binding properties and worldwide acceptance as safest excipient in all given applications. Pharmaceuticals and food & beverage accounted for more than 50% share in global microcrystalline cellulose market in 2018.
- Most manufacturers focus on product innovation. Currently, demand for microcrystalline cellulose for the pharmaceuticals and food & beverage industries is high; however, it is gaining importance in cosmetics & personal care applications as well.
- Microcrystalline cellulose is widely used as a thickener, fat substitute, and binder in cosmetics. As a fat substitute in cosmetics and personal care products, it helps to keep the products fresh and stable. As a binder in facial cosmetics, microcrystalline cellulose makes cosmetics smoother and easier to wipe out. It is preferred over other ingredients in personal care or cosmetics products, primarily because it is obtained from natural sources and does not have any visible side effects.
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market: Regional Insights
- Europe and North America together accounted for significant share in global microcrystalline cellulose market in 2018. High demand of microcrystalline cellulose in the U.S. from pharmaceuticals and process food industry in Western Europe is likely to boost microcrystalline cellulose market over the next few years.
- Due to rise in income and better lifestyle, the cosmetics and personal care market in U.S. has gain momentum in sales of the products. Microcrystalline cellulose acts as an excellent binder and help to increase the shelf life of the cosmetics and personal care products.
- Majority of the production facilities of micro crystalline cellulose in the region are located in Germany, Belgium, France, the U.K., and Italy
- Manufacturers in Southeast Asia are primarily focused on offering powder grade microcrystalline cellulose due to its low production cost and process ability. Technological innovation in food industry and high investment of food & beverage companies is likely to drive the microcrystalline cellulose market in Asia Pacific region
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Microcrystalline Cellulose Market, ask for a customized report
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market: Competition Landscape
- Some of the leading companies in the global microcrystalline cellulose market include names such as
- FMC Corporation
- Sigachi Industrial Pvt. Ltd.
- J. Rettenmaier & Sohne GmbH + Co. KG
- Juku Orchem Pvt. Ltd.
- Accent Microcell Pvt. Ltd.
- Asahi Kasei Corporation among others.
- The microcrystalline cellulose Market is highly dominated by a few, large and medium operating across the world. A majority of microcrystalline cellulose manufacturers are located in Europe and the U.S., while some small-scale manufacturers are located Asia Pacific region.
- In December 2019, Asahi Kasei acquired halal certification from The Assessment Institute for Foods, Drugs and Cosmetics, the Indonesian Council of Ulama (MUI) for its microcrystalline cellulose products. The company focuses on manufacturing & distributing their products used by customers from diverse cultures and customs
- In November 2019, Asahi Kasei’s Danish subsidiary acquired U.S. pharmaceutical company Veloxis Pharmaceuticals Inc. through a voluntary tender offer for Veloxis Pharmaceuticals A/S which owns 100% of Veloxis.
- In June 2019, FMC Corporation announced that it plans to invest more than US$ 50 million for research facility in Newark, Delaware. It has planned to reconfigure the existing facility to enhance R&D efforts.
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market: Scope of the Report
TMR’s recent publication on the global microcrystalline cellulose market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the global microcrystalline cellulose market analyzes the market with respect to the historical and current market scenario and offers forecast for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive insights on the global microcrystalline cellulose market enclosed in the study. The report on the global microcrystalline cellulose market also provides in-depth understanding of key market trends and advancement made by companies. This TMR report is divided into different sections to allow readers to gain individual understanding of the global microcrystalline cellulose market.
Key Queries Addressed in Report
- How much volume sales is expected to be generated in the global microcrystalline cellulose market by the products during the forecast period?
- What are key growth indicators and market dynamics that are expected to drive the global microcrystalline cellulose market in the next five years?
- Which regions are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to the global microcrystalline cellulose market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global microcrystalline cellulose market in order to expand their geographical presence?
The first section of the TMR’s report on the global microcrystalline cellulose market begins with a premise that includes report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. This is followed by the executive summary that highlights aspects of the global microcrystalline cellulose market covered in the study. This section provides brief understanding of market elements and enables readers to understand the aspects covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics on microcrystalline cellulose that offer understanding of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes segmentation analysis of the global microcrystalline cellulose market. This evaluation includes segmentation of the global microcrystalline cellulose market based on end-use and region. Furthermore, analysis of key segments, year-on-year growth projection, and basis point share analysis are included in the report. These help readers identify promising areas for growth of the market.
The TMR’s study on the global microcrystalline cellulose market offers assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. The regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, region-wise, and segment-wise analysis helps readers decipher the growth potential for the market across various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projection and global market value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the microcrystalline cellulose report.
The study on the global microcrystalline cellulose market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, with details of leading as well as emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors operating in the global microcrystalline cellulose market allows readers to understand business strategies of these players along with their performance.
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market: Research Methodology
The TMR’s report on the global microcrystalline cellulose market is based on detailed estimation of the market, with the inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the global microcrystalline cellulose market, in terms of competition scenario, is supported by individual-level examination of different avenues related to the market. Furthermore, for secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the required understanding of the global microcrystalline cellulose market. This helps TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast of the global microcrystalline cellulose market. Readers can access the study of the global microcrystalline cellulose market to gain projected market analysis for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Global Microcrystalline Cellulose Market: Segmentation
Food and Beverage