Microarray Scanners Market
Microarray Scanners Market (Product Type: Fluorescence Microarray Scanners, Charge-coupled Devices Microarray Scanners, Colorimetric Microarray Scanners, and Others; Application: Gene Expression, Drug Discovery, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, and Academic & Research Institutes) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Antigen Microarrays Help Detect Antibodies Against SARS-CoV-2
SARS-CoV-2 is a betacoronavirus, which has led to the worldwide spread of the novel infection. Such trends have accelerated research and development (R&D) in the healthcare sector, including the microarray scanners market. GeneCopoeia - the largest provider of expression-ready clones is publicizing its OmicsArray™ SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus Antigen Microarray, owing to its capability of multiplexing, high throughput, and high sensitivity.
Companies in the microarray scanners market are increasing their focus in gene expression and drug discovery to address the novel coronavirus infection. They are increasing the availability of antigen microarrays that help detect antibodies against SARS-CoV-2 and other pathogens. Protein microarrays are also being preferred for powerful detection of antibodies associated with virus infections, including SARS-CoV-2, SARS-CoV-1, and influenza, among others. Viral proteins are chosen based on a thorough review of peer-reviewed publications.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Microarray Scanners Market
High-density Peptide Arrays Hold Potential in Discovery of Host-pathogen Interactions
Emerging infectious diseases with little known mechanisms of infection and pathogenicity represent a big challenge for stakeholders in the life sciences industry, research, and clinics. In order to overcome this challenge, companies in the microarray scanners market are providing dedicated glycan arrays to enhance research activities and define precise mechanisms of virus and bacterial infection. Innopsys - a provider of cutting-edge instruments and software for research & diagnostics is gaining recognition for its glycan arrays and high density peptide arrays that are precious tools for understanding immune response, validating vaccines, and defining immunogenic epitomes.
The high-density peptide arrays hold promising potential in the discovery of host-pathogen interactions, pathogen epitopes, and patient immune responses that are essential for the development of new and preventive therapeutic approaches such as for drugs and vaccines.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Near-infrared Fluorescence Useful in Protein Biomarkers Analysis of SARS-CoV-2
The microarray scanners market is predicted to surpass ~27,000 units by the end of 2030. Companies in the microarray scanners market are entering into strategic partnerships to increase the availability of high technology solutions pertaining to innovative microarray platforms for viral infections screening and protein biomarkers analysis. This is being achieved with the help of near-infrared fluorescence, which explains why fluorescence microarray scanners are estimated to dominate the highest revenue among all product types in the market and during the assessment period.
The R&D innovations in fluorescence microarray scanners holds promising potential in the protein biomarkers analysis with respect to Zika, Dengue, and SARS-CoV-2, among others. Proprietary gold-coated slides based on nanotechnology are being used in scanners. This technology deploys superior sensitivity and precision for the detection of sera antibodies developed by infected patients.
CCD V/S CMOS Imaging Sensors: Which is Better?
The microarray scanners market is expected to reach 1.5 Bn by 2030. However, CMOS (Complementary Metal-Oxide Semiconductor) imaging sensors are emerging as an alternative to CCD (Charge Coupled Device) image sensors, as CCD sensors consume increased power as compared to CMOS sensors. As such, CCD sensors help create high quality and low noise images, whereas CMOS sensors are usually more susceptible to noise.
On the other hand, CMOS sensors are much less expensive to manufacture than CCD sensors and are rapidly improving performance. Such trends are likely to affect revenue generation in the microarray scanners market. Hence, companies in the market should fuel their manufacturing by increasing R&D in CMOS imaging sensors. As such, it has been found that CCD sensors are still required for certain demanding applications. Thus, device manufacturers should weigh the pros and cons of CCD image sensors to stay relevant to ongoing trends in the market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Microarray Scanners Market
In the light of the ongoing COVID-19 outbreak, companies are increasing the availability of glycan arrays and high-density peptide arrays that play a crucial role in understanding immune response, validating vaccines, and defining immunogenic epitomes. However, CMOS imaging sensors are emerging as an alternative to CCD imaging sensors, owing to their cost efficient and low power consumption advantages. Hence, stakeholders in the microarray scanners market should consider weighing the pros and cons of CCD & CMOS, whilst identifying how CCD is being used in demanding applications with the help of microarray scanners. Companies in the microarray scanners market should enter into strategic partnerships to advance in near-infrared fluorescence, which helps in detection of sera antibodies developed by infected patients.
Microarray Scanners Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current and future prospects of the global microarray scanners market. Rise in need of early cancer detection & diagnosis and increase in the population with infectious diseases such as COVID-19 are the key factors projected to fuel the growth of the global microarray scanners market during the forecast period.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, which comprises a snapshot of the various segments of the global microarray scanners market. The report also provides information and data analysis of the global microarray scanners market about segments based on product type, application, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides detailed qualitative analysis of drivers and restraints impacting the global microarray scanners market along with opportunities in the global market
- Additionally, the global microarray scanners market report includes company profiles and competitive matrix, which provide data about their businesses, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the global microarray scanners market
- The report includes data analysis on the microarray scanners market attractiveness by region and segments
- The last section of the report provides quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share of key players operating in the global microarray scanners market. It elaborates on the key competitive strategies adopted by the major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global microarray scanners market.
Microarray Scanners Market: Key Segments
- In terms of product type, the global microarray scanners market has been classified into fluorescence microarray scanners, charge-coupled devices microarray scanners, colorimetric microarray scanners, and others
- The fluorescence microarray scanners segment held a major share of the global microarray scanners market in 2020
- Based on application, the global microarray scanners market has been divided into gene expression, drug discovery, and others. The gene expression segment is projected to dominate the global microarray scanners market during the forecast period.
- In terms of end user, the global microarray scanners market has been categorized into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies, and academic & research institutes. The diagnostic laboratories segment is anticipated to lead the global microarray scanners market during the forecast period.
- The market size and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2018 to 2030. The CAGR of respective segment has also been provided for the forecast period from 2020 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year.
Microarray Scanners Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global microarray scanners market has been segmented into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- The report provides market size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2018 to 2030. Compound annual growth rates (CAGR) of each of these regions and countries have also been provided for the forecast period from 2020 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year. The microarray scanners market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Mentioned in Report
- Key players in the global microarray scanners market have been profiled based on key aspects such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the global microarray scanners market report are
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Agilent Technologies
- Illumina, Inc.
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- GE Healthcare (General Electric Company)
- Molecular Devices, LLC. (Danaher Corporation)
- Innopsys Inc.
- Berthold Technologies GmbH & Co. KG.
Microarray Scanners Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the microarray scanners market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market over the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the overall revenue of the global microarray scanners market for the period of 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global microarray scanners market for the forecast period of 2020–2030.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the microarray scanners market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global microarray scanners market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the microarray scanners market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the microarray scanners market.
The report also delves into the competitive landscape of the global microarray scanners market. Key players operating in the global microarray scanners market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the microarray scanners market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Microarray Scanners Market Report
- How does the development of microarray scanners provide scope of growth in the global microarray scanners market?
- How alliances and partnerships between players are widening the scope of new line of technologies for microarray scanners?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments under various criteria in the microarray scanners market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to register highest revenue until the end of the forecast period in 2030?
- How is the evolving health care system in developing countries in Asia Pacific making an impact on the overall microarray scanners market?
Microarray Scanners Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global microarray scanners market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of line of procedure for microarray scanners.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global microarray scanners market in terms of product type, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global microarray scanners market.
Microarray Scanners Market – Segmentation