Metallic Stearates Market
Metallic Stearates Market (Type: Aluminum Stearates, Calcium Stearates, Magnesium Stearates, Zinc Stearates, Sodium Stearates, and Others; Form: Granular, Powder, Prills, Flakes, Pellets, and Pastilles; and Application: Plastics & Rubbers, Food, Pharmaceutical, Paints & Varnishes, Building Materials, Cosmetics, Lubricants & Detergents, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Widening Applications of Metallic Stearates in Various Industries to Aid Market Growth
Metallic stearates are extensively used as an active ingredient in a range of personal care products, paints, cosmetics, lubricants, detergents, and construction materials, among others. While the adoption of metallic stearates is expected to remain higher across the industrial sector, the residential sector is expected to provide considerable business to the players operating in the current metallic stearates market. Over the past couple of decades, several regional market players, particularly in North America and Europe have forged strategic partnerships with a range of suppliers from various regions of the world to establish a solid foothold in the market.
A range of metallic stearates is available in the current market landscape, including aluminum stearates, zinc stearates, sodium stearates, and calcium stearates. Research and development activities are anticipated to play an important role in the overall growth of the global metallic stearates market during the forecast period. Rising adoption of metallic stearates especially in the construction sector is another factor expected to have a strong influence on the expansion of the global metallic stearates market in the upcoming years. The widening applications of metallic stearates due to additional research and scientific studies are expected to drive the demand for metallic stearates during the assessment period.
At the back of these factors, along with the soaring demand for various types of metallic stearates from the rubber and plastics industries, the global metallic stearates market is expected to cross the US$ 3.5 Bn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Metallic Stearates Market
Rise in Demand for Magnesium and Zinc Stearates to Boost Market
Due to considerable research and major developments in the production of metallic stearates and among the different types of metallic stearates available in the market, zinc and magnesium stearates have garnered significant popularity worldwide. Zinc stearates have emerged as an effective acid scavenger and processing, and aid in various polyolefin applications. In addition, as zinc stearates significantly improve the abrasiveness of sandpapers and play the role of a matting agent in paints and coatings, the demand for zinc stearates has witnessed considerable growth in recent years– a trend that is projected to continue during the assessment period. In addition, zinc stearate is extensively used as a slipping agent, heat stabilizer, and mold releasing agent in the plastics industry due to which, the demand is expected to grow at a steady pace. Furthermore, zinc stearate is widely used as a release agent and a lubricant for thermosets and thermoplastic, a phenolic compound in cosmetics ointments, and pharmaceutical powders.
Over the past few decades, magnesium stearate is primarily used as a lubricant in pharmaceutical capsules and tablets as it is lightweight, and offers favorable lubrication and optimum adhesion. In addition, magnesium stearate is also used in the large-scale production of plastics, paints, and cosmetics due to which, the demand for the same is expected to gain further momentum. In addition, over the past few years, magnesium stearate is increasingly being used to produce medicines and dietary supplements.
The growing adoption of magnesium stearate in the production of personal care products, including mascara and eyeliner, is expected to drive the global metallic stearates market during the assessment period. The widening applications of magnesium stearate in several other industrial sectors are estimated to fast track the growth of the global metallic stearates market during the stipulated timeframe of the study.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Market Growth to Remain Slow in 2020 Due to COVID-19 Crisis
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to hamper the growth of the global metallic stearates market, especially in 2020. Stringent lockdown measures coupled with restrictions on domestic and international trade have disrupted the supply chain across the metallic stearates market worldwide. In addition, due to the dwindling demand for metallic stearates from various end-use industries, the production of metallic stearates has moved into the slow lane in 2020. While the demand for cosmetic and plastic products has witnessed a steep descend in 2020, the sales of metallic stearates are likely to drop by a considerable margin in comparison with that in 2019.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Metallic Stearates Market
The global metallic stearates market is expected to expand at a moderate CAGR of ~5%, in terms of value, during the assessment period due to the unprecedented growth in the demand for metallic stearates from a range of industries, including pharmaceutical, cosmetic, detergents & lubricants, and paints & varnishes. In addition, the growing adoption in the plastics industry due to favorable functional properties of metallic stearates will drive the global market for metallic stearates in the upcoming years. Market players should focus on streamlining their supply chain and forming strong relations with suppliers from various regions to establish a solid foothold in the market.
Metallic Stearates Market: Overview
- Metallic stearates consist of alkali and ammonia metals. Metallic stearates can be soluble or insoluble in water. Solubility of metallic stearates affects its functional use. These stearates are derived from natural acids such as palmitic acid and stearic acid. Metallic stearates possess various properties such as water repellence (from non-water-soluble salts), lubrication, gelling, foam inhibition, and separating and stabilizing. These properties propel the use of metallic stearates in various end-use applications.
- Rise in construction activities is expected to boost the demand for concrete, thereby driving the need of metallic stearates that are employed in construction products. In December 2018, the regulatory agency of the electrical sector of Brazil announced it had approved auctions, which involved construction, operation, and maintenance projects of 7,152 km of lines and substations, valued at around US$ 3.4 Bn in 13 states of the country.
- Construction activities in North America have also increased significantly in the past few years. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the U.S. Government spent US$ 1,369.2 Bn in construction activities in January 2020, exhibiting an increment of 1.8% from US$ 1,345.5 Bn in December 2019
- In 2019, the U.S. Government spent US$ 977,366 Mn in private construction activities and US$ 328,669 Mn in public construction activities
- Asia Pacific was the prominent region of the global metallic stearates market in 2019. The metallic stearates market in the region is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.5% between 2020 and 2030.
Demand for Sodium Stearates to Drive Metallic Stearates Market
- In terms of type, sodium stearates was the major segment with more than 20% share of the global metallic stearates market in 2019. It is estimated to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030.
- Sodium stearate is an octadecanoic acid sodium salt that can be derived from either animal or vegetable sources. It is safe to handle and stored under normal conditions. Its powder form presents an explosive hazard, and should only be handled while wearing a respirator.
- Sodium stearate is a versatile material used as an emulsifier, dispersant, gelling agent, stabilizer, binder, and viscosity modifier. It is a major component of many soaps, cosmetics, and food additives.
Rise in Demand for Metallic Stearates in Powder Form
- In terms of form, powder was the leading segment with more than 40% share of the global metallic stearates market in 2019. It is projected to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030.
- Powdered metallic stearates have high active surface area. They exhibit good dispersibility in final application. They also exhibit good compatibility with powder blends and have medium bulk density. Hydrophobic properties of metallic stearates prevent cosmetic products in powdered form from absorbing water and thus from forming agglomerates. Additionally, metallic stearates are used in shampoos, eyeliners, lipsticks, sun protective lotions, medicated ointments, body and foot powders, etc. Metallic stearates are added to these in relatively low dosages ranging from 0.05 to 1 %; however, significant volumes of metallic stearates are required for these applications in Europe alone.
Increase in Use of Metallic Stearates in Plastics & Rubber Application
- In terms of application, plastics & rubbers was the dominant segment with more than 40% share of the global metallic stearates market in 2019. It is likely to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030. Metallic stearates that have been used primarily as acid scavengers, lubricants and release agents by the plastics industry are gaining prominence in melt processing. Besides optimizing production, metallic stearates enable the processor to produce finished articles with smoother surfaces and lower friction.
- Metallic stearates provide some unique properties that make them ideal rubber release agents. The combination of lubricity, hydrophobicity, and melt point allows these materials to be used in rubber applications.
Asia Pacific to Lead Metallic Stearates Market
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific constituted a prominent share of the global metallic stearates market in 2019
- The metallic stearates market in Asia Pacific is estimated to continue to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period
- Metallic stearates are commonly added to foods, pharmaceuticals, and cosmetics. Their primary purpose is to act as lubricants in medications and vitamins. Lubricating and release properties of metallic stearates are used during dragée preparation and tablet pressing. Furthermore, their gelation capacities assist in production of ointments and creams.
- The pharmaceutical industry has been expanding significantly across the world. This is estimated to propel the demand for metallic stearates during the forecast period.
Metallic Stearates Market: Competition Landscape
- Manufacturers are focusing on expanding their production capacities in order to meet the demand for metallic stearates in various end-use industries in developed and developing countries
- Key players operating in the global metallic stearates market are
- Mallinckrodt plc
- Baerlocher GmbH
- HIMSTAB LLC
- Dover Chemical Corporation
- Faci SpA
- Peter Greven GmbH & Co. KG
- Sun Ace Corporation
- Valtris Specialty Chemicals
- PMC Group, Inc.
- James M. Brown Ltd.
- Synergy Poly Additives Pvt. Ltd.
- Goldstab Organics Pvt. Ltd.
- BELIKE Chemical
- Nimbasia Stabilizers
- IRRH Specialty Chemicals Co., Ltd.
Metallic Stearates Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global metallic stearates market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the global metallic stearates market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global metallic stearates market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors that are driving the global metallic stearates market, along with their influence on growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the global metallic stearates market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.
Key Questions Answered in Metallic Stearates Market Report
- How much revenue is the global metallic stearates market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the metallic stearates market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the global metallic stearates market during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be highly lucrative for metallic stearates during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the global metallic stearates market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global metallic stearates market?
This report answers these questions about the global metallic stearates market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Metallic Stearates Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global metallic stearates market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global metallic stearates market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global metallic stearates market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the global metallic stearates market by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global metallic stearates market, along with an overview of the market is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global metallic stearates market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Metallic Stearates Market - Segmentation
This report on the global metallic stearates market segments the market based on type, form, application, and region.