Medical Grade Gels Market Introduction
- Different types of medical grade gels such as ECG gels, ultrasound gels, catheter gels, and surgical lubricants are available in the market. Water-soluble gels have no adverse reactions in patients. Gels also contain antiseptic properties because of chlorhexidine gluconate.
- ECG gel is a coupling agent between the electrodes and the skin and is used with electrocardiography equipment that helps improve quality of signal transmitted to the recording device. The gel aids in transmission of electro activity signals.
- Ultrasound gel is a conductive medium between the patient’s skin and the transducer. The gel is applied to the patient’s skin to carry out ultrasound examination for diagnosing disease condition or for gynecological purposes.
- Surgical lubricants are medical gels used by healthcare professionals to provide lubrication and to reduce pain or discomfort for the patients during surgical procedures such as vaginal or rectal examinations. Lubricating gels have high viscosity and excellent adherence to medical devices.
- Catheter gels help prevent trauma, which may occur during the catheterization between the urethral mucosa and the catheter, by a lubricating effect.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Medical Grade Gels Market
- Rise in number of ultrasound imaging procedures drives the global medical grade gels market. Medical gels are routinely used in clinical practice during diagnostic procedures. Moreover, increase in the number of baby boomers has led to rise in the number of ultrasound procedures, which in turn augments demand for ultrasound gels globally. According to the World Health Organization, around 211 million pregnancies occur each year.
- Growing cases of ovarian cancer and polycystic ovary syndrome is likely to drive the sale of medical grade gels. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a health problem that affects 1 in 10 women of childbearing age.
- Prominent companies are focusing on offering sterile medical gels, which is expected to help healthcare providers to ensure patient safety and ensure a significant sterile environment during diagnostic and therapeutic interventions performed in hospitals. Manufacturers are collaborating with health care professionals to market their products.
- Manufacturers of medical grade gels are actively participating in trade fairs and international conferences to promote their products and develop potential R&D collaborations and distribution partnerships. This is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- However, contamination of medical grade gels from improper handling could cause serious infections such as bacteremia, which is likely to restrain the global medical grade gels market
North America to Lead Global Medical Grade Gels Market
- Based on region, the global medical grade gels market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is the leading region of the global medical grade gels market, owing to rise in prevalence of uterine cancer in the geriatric population in the region.
- Adoption of high-intensity focused ultrasound and extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy to treat tumors is anticipated to increase demand for medical grade ultrasound gels. Further, ultrasound gels are used during ultrasound diagnosis of ovarian cancer. On average, 11.5 in every 100,000 people in the U.S. develop ovarian cancer each year.
- High awareness about ultrasound-based diagnosis, favorable medical reimbursement policies, and well-established health care facilities are the major factors fueling the growth of the medical grade gels market in Europe.
- Rise in the number of ultrasound procedures to detect abnormalities in the fetus during pregnancy is anticipated to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Availability of trained and well-qualified technicians and rise in adoption of sterile medical gels for ultrasound and ECG procedures are expected to fuel the growth of the market in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers in Global Market
The global medical grade gels market was highly consolidated in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Parker Laboratories, Inc.
- HR Pharmaceuticals
- Ultragel Hungary 2000 Kft.
- Eco-Med Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Tentan AG (Schaer Pharma Services)
- Trivitron Healthcare
Global Medical Grade Gels Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Grade Gels Market, by Product
- Ultrasound Gels
- ECG Gels
- Catheter Gels & Surgical Lubricants
Global Medical Grade Gels Market, by Type
Global Medical Grade Gels Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.