Medical Grade Gels Market Introduction
- Different types of medical grade gels such as ECG gels, ultrasound gels, catheter gels, and surgical lubricants are available in the market. Water-soluble gels have no adverse reactions in patients. Gels also contain antiseptic properties because of chlorhexidine gluconate.
- ECG gel is a coupling agent between the electrodes and the skin and is used with electrocardiography equipment that helps improve quality of signal transmitted to the recording device. The gel aids in transmission of electro activity signals.
- Ultrasound gel is a conductive medium between the patient’s skin and the transducer. The gel is applied to the patient’s skin to carry out ultrasound examination for diagnosing disease condition or for gynecological purposes.
- Surgical lubricants are medical gels used by healthcare professionals to provide lubrication and to reduce pain or discomfort for the patients during surgical procedures such as vaginal or rectal examinations. Lubricating gels have high viscosity and excellent adherence to medical devices.
- Catheter gels help prevent trauma, which may occur during the catheterization between the urethral mucosa and the catheter, by a lubricating effect.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Medical Grade Gels Market
- Rise in number of ultrasound imaging procedures drives the global medical grade gels market. Medical gels are routinely used in clinical practice during diagnostic procedures. Moreover, increase in the number of baby boomers has led to rise in the number of ultrasound procedures, which in turn augments demand for ultrasound gels globally. According to the World Health Organization, around 211 million pregnancies occur each year.
- Growing cases of ovarian cancer and polycystic ovary syndrome is likely to drive the sale of medical grade gels. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is a health problem that affects 1 in 10 women of childbearing age.
- Prominent companies are focusing on offering sterile medical gels, which is expected to help healthcare providers to ensure patient safety and ensure a significant sterile environment during diagnostic and therapeutic interventions performed in hospitals. Manufacturers are collaborating with health care professionals to market their products.
- Manufacturers of medical grade gels are actively participating in trade fairs and international conferences to promote their products and develop potential R&D collaborations and distribution partnerships. This is expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- However, contamination of medical grade gels from improper handling could cause serious infections such as bacteremia, which is likely to restrain the global medical grade gels market
North America to Lead Global Medical Grade Gels Market
- Based on region, the global medical grade gels market can be classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is the leading region of the global medical grade gels market, owing to rise in prevalence of uterine cancer in the geriatric population in the region.
- Adoption of high-intensity focused ultrasound and extracorporeal shockwave lithotripsy to treat tumors is anticipated to increase demand for medical grade ultrasound gels. Further, ultrasound gels are used during ultrasound diagnosis of ovarian cancer. On average, 11.5 in every 100,000 people in the U.S. develop ovarian cancer each year.
- High awareness about ultrasound-based diagnosis, favorable medical reimbursement policies, and well-established health care facilities are the major factors fueling the growth of the medical grade gels market in Europe.
- Rise in the number of ultrasound procedures to detect abnormalities in the fetus during pregnancy is anticipated to propel the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period. Availability of trained and well-qualified technicians and rise in adoption of sterile medical gels for ultrasound and ECG procedures are expected to fuel the growth of the market in Asia Pacific from 2019 to 2027.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers in Global Market
The global medical grade gels market was highly consolidated in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Parker Laboratories, Inc.
- HR Pharmaceuticals
- Ultragel Hungary 2000 Kft.
- Eco-Med Pharmaceutical, Inc.
- Tentan AG (Schaer Pharma Services)
- Trivitron Healthcare
Global Medical Grade Gels Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Grade Gels Market, by Product
- Ultrasound Gels
- ECG Gels
- Catheter Gels & Surgical Lubricants
Global Medical Grade Gels Market, by Type
Global Medical Grade Gels Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.