Medical Gel Market: Introduction
Medical gel is a network of polymer chains that are hydrophilic, and mostly occur as a colloidal gel in which water is the dispersion medium. The raw material used for making a gel is gelatin, agar, diaper filling, tapioca, seaweed, or fruit pectin. A gel is made by mixing the raw material in water in a particular ratio (weight to volume (w/v) or weight to weight). Cross linkage of the material occurs on mixing the raw material with water. This cross linkage causes it to form a gel. Gels are utilized for numerous medical purposes such as wound healing, surgery, skin care, etc. Medical gels are employed in diverse fields of healthcare due to their molecular nature such as bonding properties, cross linking properties, and chemical nature and behavior.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Medical Gel Market:
- Medical gels possess varying properties such as odorless, colorless, no effects of radiation on their structural and microstructural properties, high coupling efficiency, very low or no toxicity, Biocompatibility, versatility, low cost, and ease of use
- Efficacy of treatment achieved with medical gels with no side-effects and reactions in patients and no sign of toxicity are key factors that are likely to drive the medical gel market
- Use of numerous chemical agents such as hand sanitizer, guar gum, shampoo, lotion, gelatin, and surgical lube as an alternative to medical gel in regions with limited access is expected to restrain the market. Moreover, high manufacturing cost, volatility in prices of raw materials, and the introduction of a technologically advanced probe covers and scan pads that can be used without gel are also expected to restrain the market.
Ultrasound gels segment to dominate global medical gel market
- Based on product, the global medical gel market can be divided into ultrasound gels, hydrogels, ECG gels, catheter gels, and silicone gels
- The ultrasound gels segment dominated the global market. It is projected to maintain its dominant position during the forecast period due to higher demand in major areas such as pre and post-surgery imaging and marked percentage increase in the number of gynecology related issues in females.
Hospitals segment to expand significantly
- Based on end-user, the global medical gel market can be split into hospitals, clinics, diagnostic laboratories, and others
- The hospitals segment is projected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period due to marked percentage (%) increase in number of patients coming to hospitals and clinics and the healthcare infrastructure provided by hospitals
Surgical and skin care segment to expand considerably
- Based on application, the global medical gel market can be divided into surgical, drug delivery, disease treatment, skin care, dentistry, wound care and healing, cosmetic surgeries (breast implants), tissue engineering, bone regeneration, cartilage repair, and cardiac regeneration
- The surgical and skin care segment is estimated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period due to a rise in the number of people undergoing different types of surgery as gels are used in pre-surgical processes such as lubrication of the area where surgery needs to be performed, and the number of skin related diseases and wide use of gels in different treatment conditions of skin as gels, ointments, and creams
North America to dominate global medical gel market
- In terms of region, the global medical gel market can be segregated into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America accounted for a prominent share of the global medical gel market, followed by Europe. Rise in the number of key players based in the region, technology advancements followed by increased funding from government in R&D activities, large corporates making huge amount of investments and increase in the incidence of diseases are key factors that are likely to help North America to hold a dominant share of the global market share.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global medical gel market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Parker Laboratories, Inc.
- HR Pharmaceuticals
- Eco-Med Pharmaceutical, Inc
- Aloecorp, Inc.
- Aloe Laboratories, Inc.
- Compass Health Brands
- National Therapy Products
- Clariant International Ltd
- Evonik Industries
- W. R. Grace
- Dow Chemical
Global Medical Gel Market: Research Scope
Global Medical Gel Market, by Product
- Ultrasound Gels
- ECG Gels
- Catheter Gels
Global Medical Gel Market, by Application
- Drug delivery
- Disease treatment
- Skin care
- Wound care and healing
- Cosmetic surgeries (Breast implants)
- Tissue engineering
- Bone regeneration
- Cartilage repair
- Cardiac regeneration
- Silicone gels
Global Medical Gel Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Medical Gel Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.