Medical Adhesives Market: Introduction
- Medical adhesives are chemical formulations that are used in adhering or bonding two different types of surfaces in medical procedures. Medical adhesives have been widely used in joint replacement therapies and a number of dental applications. However, they are now finding new applications in various medical procedures.
- Adhesives and tissue sealing agents are emerging as a vital alternative to sealing staples and sutures. Some of these products are being employed as general hemostatic agents to control bleeding in the surgical field. Advancements in surgical sealants and glues over the years have led to development of procedure-specific products, particularly in situations wherein staples and sutures are difficult to employ. Surgical sealants are made of synthetic (polyethylene glycol) or naturally occurring materials (collagen) and are commonly used with staples or sutures to help completely seal internal and external incisions after surgery.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Medical Adhesives Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Medical Adhesives Market
- Population in developed countries such as the U.S., Germany, and Japan is aging at a rapid pace. According to the U.S. Census Board, people above 65 years would account to 20% of the total population by 2030. According to the United Nations University (UNU), one million people reach 60 years of age every month globally. Furthermore, the percentage of global population above the age of 65 years is poised to increase from 7% in 2000 to 16% in 2050. People in Japan have an average life expectancy of 83 years. About 21% of the country’s total population is aged above 65 (according to the U.S. Census Bureau).
- Aging leads to tooth decay, tooth erosion, tooth tissue softening, and denture-related problems. These contribute significantly to growth of the dental adhesives and sealants market. Additionally, aging results in higher susceptibility to bone related injuries, weakening of joints, bleeding disorders, and other cardiovascular problems. Most of these issues are resolved through surgery, which requires usage of medical adhesives and sealants. Rise in incidence of these problems related to aging is anticipated to drive the demand for medical adhesives in the next few years.
Prosthetics Segment to Lead Global Market
- The global medical adhesives market can be segmented based on product type and application
- Based on product type, the global medical adhesives market can be divided into synthetic adhesives and natural adhesives. The synthetic adhesives can be further sub-segmented into acrylic, silicone, cyanoacrylate, polyethylene glycol, and others. The natural medical adhesives include collagen, fibrin, albumin, and others.
- In terms of application, the global medical adhesives market can be classified into internal, external, and dental. Internal applications include tissue sealing, blood clotting, implant bonding, and tissue grafts. External applications comprise wound care, medical tapes, and contact devices such as syringes and catheters.
North America to Lead Global Medical adhesives Market
- The global medical adhesives market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the most densely populated region and comprises fastest growing economies: India and China. Increase in prevalence of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes and higher road accident rates have demanded better wound closure products. This rise in demand is supported by rapidly developing health care industry in these countries. Permissive regulatory policies and favorable foreign trade policies would contribute to the growth of the medical adhesives market in Asia Pacific.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Medical Adhesives Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Medical Adhesives Market
Leading players in the global medical adhesives market are:
- 3M Company
- Braun Melsungen AG
- Johnson & Johnson
- Baxter International Inc.
- Medtronic plc
Global Medical adhesives Market: Research Scope
Global Medical adhesives Market, by Product Type
- Polyethylene Glycol
Global Medical adhesives Market, by Application
Global Medical adhesives Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.