Maqui Berries: Market Outlook
Maqui berries are purple berries that grow through parts of southern Chile. These berries are not cultivated and are present in the wild throughout that part. The Maqui berries are harvested mostly by the Mapuche Indians and also commercially sold by them. The wide applications of these Maqui berries in the ailments of the humans have made it a super fruit. The antioxidants power present in the maqui berries is more than any other fruit and is said to protect the body cells from damage.
Due to the benefits of maqui berries, a wide market has emerged to produce different products of them by processing them. It is being used in vegan superfood bars, jam, juice blend, sports drink, energy drink and also alcoholic drinks of maqui berries have been seen in the market.
The value of exports of the Maqui berries has significantly increased in the past few years and is being exported to the United States and South Korea in a very large number. But it is estimated that there are markets that are going to grow in the upcoming years mostly concentrated in APAC for maqui berries.
Maqui berries Becoming the New Superfruit
Maqui berries are very rich in anthocyanin. These are purple pigments which are very high in antioxidant activity. Specifically, these anthocyanins are called delphinidins and are present in exceptionally high amounts in maqui berries. These are known to protect the body from a huge number of ailments. They are known to manage the blood sugar of the body in people who are suffering from diabetes. They have anti-inflammatory effects and also prevent the oxidation of cholesterol. They are known to have anti-bacterial, anti-aging and anti-cancer effects also. Due to this large number of benefits and no restrictions on dosage, the maqui berries are termed as the new super fruit and the antioxidant and nutritional levels are no match to the other berries that are present.
The Maqui berries can also be manufactured in numerous products. The transformation of the berry into such a wide variety of innovative products has also contributed to the large customer base that the maqui berries have.
Maqui Berries: Segmentation
The global Maqui berries market is segmented on the basis of end use, form, processing, nature, packaging and distribution channel.
On the basis of nature, the global Maqui berries market has been segmented as-
On the basis of processing, the global Maqui berries market has been segmented as-
On the basis of packaging, the global Maqui berries market has been segmented as-
- Paper bags
On the basis of end use, the global Maqui berries market has been segmented as-
- Food and beverages
- Dairy Products
- Jams and jellies
- Functional foods
- Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Personal care and cosmetics
On the basis of distribution channel, the global Maqui berries market has been segmented as-
- Drug stores
- Specialty stores
- Online retailer
Maqui Berries: Market Participants
Some of the leading market participants of global Maqui berries market include Arauco Nutrientes Naturales, HP Ingredients, Jungle Nutrition, Sunfood Superfoods, NP Nutra, Maqui New Life S.A, Bayas del Sur.
Maqui Berries: Activities of the participants
- Delphinol, a product from MNL S.A., is a standardized Maqui berries extract gathered from southern Chile. It has been proved in a recently published study that it reduces fasting sugar in individuals with impaired glucose regulation.
- + Maqui, a product from Arauco Nutrientes Naturales, took a leap in the world of e-commerce, and since April 2018 is also offered by AMAZON, the global e-commerce giant, and is exported to countries such as South Korea, Indonesia, Switzerland, and Australia.
Maqui berries: Market Opportunities
The market for maqui berries has been wide since the nutritional value of the berries has been known. And the market has ever since been increasing. There are a wide number of products that have come into the market and more research is going into it to produce the best of Maqui berries products with enhanced nutritional activities. The value of the products is very high and the consumer base is not decreasing. And due to the increase in health-conscious people across the globe, the demand for new, improved product is more.
The new product with additional nutritional values can be manufactured by putting up a little work and research on the maqui berries.
The Maqui berries contain delphinidins that are known to contain anti-aging effects. Thus more research can be carried out to form new products in cosmetics that can carry out anti-aging effects.
Maqui berries: Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on the modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate the data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the origin, source and distribution channel of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sale of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market size.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our Maqui berries market report include:
- An overview, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Maqui berries market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Maqui berries market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the Maqui berries market
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.