Lymphedema Diagnostics Market: Introduction
- Lymphedema can be defined as a long-term condition in which excess fluids accumulate in tissues leading to swelling. Lymphedema is also known as lymphatic obstruction, which commonly affects arms and legs. Some patients even experience swelling in genitals, head, and chest.
- Two main types of lymphedema include primary lymphedema and secondary lymphedema. Primary lymphedema is also known as congenital lymphedema. Secondary lymphedema occurs due to other reasons such as cancer, inflammation, infection, injury, and trauma, among others.
- Though lymphedema is incurable, treatment is offered for reducing the swelling. The common mode of treatment employed include complex decongestive therapy. This therapy includes remedial exercises, skincare, manual lymphatic drainage, and multilayer lymphedema bandaging.
- The main cause of lymphedema is considered to be genetic mutations in genes involved in the development of the lymphatic system. Secondary causes of the disease include cancer surgery, radiation therapy, infection, and inflammatory conditions, among others.
- Lymphedema increases the risk of infections and other complications, as lymphocytes are not able to reach parts of the body where the swelling occurs
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Lymphedema Diagnostics Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market
- The prevalence of primary lymphedema is considered to be in around 1.3 children per 100,000 births in North America. The burden of secondary lymphedema is considered to be affecting around 15% to 20% of women receiving axillary dissection and/or radiotherapy as part of their breast cancer therapy. This rising prevalence of the disease is considered to drive the demand for its diagnosis, contributing to the growth of the global market.
- The prevalence of chronic limb edema is considered to be increasing with age. The prevalence is estimated to be around 1.3 people per 100,000 population and is known to affect over 5.4 people out of 1,000 patients over 65 years of age. Furthermore, the incidence of chronic arm edema after breast cancer is considered to be 22% annually, a major problem affecting one in every five breast cancer patients. This high prevalence of cancer-associated lymphedema creates a demand for its diagnosis, aiding in the growth of the lymphedema diagnostics market.
- Population aged over the age of 65 years is known to be increasing significantly and is likely to account for over 16.7% of the total population by 2050, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Increasing prevalence rate of cancers and lymphedema contributes to the growth of the market.
North America to Lead Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global lymphedema diagnostics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global lymphedema diagnostics market, owing to increasing prevalence of cancer associated lymphedema, a well-established healthcare infrastructure, ease of availability, and rising adoption of technologically advanced diagnostic imaging systems, among others
- Europe was the second largest market for lymphedema diagnostics in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the rapidly growing market for lymphedema diagnostics, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. This can be attributed to the rising number of diagnostic procedures, increasing incidences of chronic diseases, and growing awareness among people regarding the benefits of early diagnosis of lymphedema, among others.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Lymphedema Diagnostics Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market
Leading players in the global lymphedema diagnostics market are:
- Siemens Healthineers
- GE Healthcare
- Stryker Corporation
- Mindray Medical International, Ltd.
Market leaders are focused on strategic agreements, partnerships, product launches, and collaborations as their key business strategies to establish and strengthen their market position in the global lymphedema diagnostics market.
Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market, by Technology
- X-ray Lymphography
- Computed Tomography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Fluorescein Sodium Microlymphangiography
- Ultrasound Imaging
- ICG Lymphography
- Bioimpedance Analysis
- Near-infrared Fluorescence Imaging
Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market, by Disease Type
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Inflammatory Diseases
Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Research and Academic Centers
Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.