Lymphedema Diagnostics Market: Introduction
- Lymphedema can be defined as a long-term condition in which excess fluids accumulate in tissues leading to swelling. Lymphedema is also known as lymphatic obstruction, which commonly affects arms and legs. Some patients even experience swelling in genitals, head, and chest.
- Two main types of lymphedema include primary lymphedema and secondary lymphedema. Primary lymphedema is also known as congenital lymphedema. Secondary lymphedema occurs due to other reasons such as cancer, inflammation, infection, injury, and trauma, among others.
- Though lymphedema is incurable, treatment is offered for reducing the swelling. The common mode of treatment employed include complex decongestive therapy. This therapy includes remedial exercises, skincare, manual lymphatic drainage, and multilayer lymphedema bandaging.
- The main cause of lymphedema is considered to be genetic mutations in genes involved in the development of the lymphatic system. Secondary causes of the disease include cancer surgery, radiation therapy, infection, and inflammatory conditions, among others.
- Lymphedema increases the risk of infections and other complications, as lymphocytes are not able to reach parts of the body where the swelling occurs
Get a Glimpse of the In-Depth Analysis through our Comprehensive Lymphedema Diagnostics Market Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market
- The prevalence of primary lymphedema is considered to be in around 1.3 children per 100,000 births in North America. The burden of secondary lymphedema is considered to be affecting around 15% to 20% of women receiving axillary dissection and/or radiotherapy as part of their breast cancer therapy. This rising prevalence of the disease is considered to drive the demand for its diagnosis, contributing to the growth of the global market.
- The prevalence of chronic limb edema is considered to be increasing with age. The prevalence is estimated to be around 1.3 people per 100,000 population and is known to affect over 5.4 people out of 1,000 patients over 65 years of age. Furthermore, the incidence of chronic arm edema after breast cancer is considered to be 22% annually, a major problem affecting one in every five breast cancer patients. This high prevalence of cancer-associated lymphedema creates a demand for its diagnosis, aiding in the growth of the lymphedema diagnostics market.
- Population aged over the age of 65 years is known to be increasing significantly and is likely to account for over 16.7% of the total population by 2050, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. Increasing prevalence rate of cancers and lymphedema contributes to the growth of the market.
North America to Lead Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global lymphedema diagnostics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global lymphedema diagnostics market, owing to increasing prevalence of cancer associated lymphedema, a well-established healthcare infrastructure, ease of availability, and rising adoption of technologically advanced diagnostic imaging systems, among others
- Europe was the second largest market for lymphedema diagnostics in 2018, followed by Asia Pacific. Asia Pacific is projected to be the rapidly growing market for lymphedema diagnostics, followed by Latin America and Middle East & Africa. This can be attributed to the rising number of diagnostic procedures, increasing incidences of chronic diseases, and growing awareness among people regarding the benefits of early diagnosis of lymphedema, among others.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Lymphedema Diagnostics Market Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market
Leading players in the global lymphedema diagnostics market are:
- Siemens Healthineers
- GE Healthcare
- Stryker Corporation
- Mindray Medical International, Ltd.
Market leaders are focused on strategic agreements, partnerships, product launches, and collaborations as their key business strategies to establish and strengthen their market position in the global lymphedema diagnostics market.
Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market, by Technology
- X-ray Lymphography
- Computed Tomography
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
- Fluorescein Sodium Microlymphangiography
- Ultrasound Imaging
- ICG Lymphography
- Bioimpedance Analysis
- Near-infrared Fluorescence Imaging
Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market, by Disease Type
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Inflammatory Diseases
Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market, by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Research and Academic Centers
Global Lymphedema Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.