Lyme Disease Treatment Market
Lyme Disease Treatment Market (Treatment Type: Medication and Tick Removal; Type of Bacteria: Borrelia burgdorferi, Borrelia mayonii, Borrelia afzelii, Borrelia garinii, and Others; Route of Administration: Oral, Injectable, and Topical; Application: Humans and Animals; and Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2021-2031
Press Release :
Rising Prevalence of Lyme Disease Boosts Global Market
Lyme disease is contagious and induced by the bacteria Borrelia burgdorferi, or B. burgdorferi. It is transferred to humans by a sting from an infected black-legged or deer tick. The tick becomes contaminated after feeding on infected deer, birds, or rats. Some of the common symptoms include fever, headache, fatigue, and a distinctive skin rash called erythema migrans. The disease can further spread to joints, the heart, and the neurotic system if not treated in time. Based on symptoms, the Lyme disease is mostly treated using doxycycline, amoxicillin, or cefuroxime, which are first-line medications in grown-ups and children, while cefuroxime and amoxicillin are primarily used to treat women who are nursing or breastfeeding. Moreover, intravenous (IV) antibiotics can be used for some forms of the Lyme disease. This includes cardiac or central nervous system involvement. If any improvement is seen, many healthcare providers typically switch to an oral regimen. The primary stage of the Lyme disease can be usually treated in 14-28 days. However, the late-stage symptoms may take up to 28 days if treated with antibiotics. Medicinal developments are likely to boost the global Lyme disease treatment market during the forecast period.
Lyme disease is usually diagnosed using Borrelia antibiotics in the blood, or the cerebrospinal fluid to recognize signs and symptoms of the central nervous system disease. Medical experts suggest treatment and oral medications to ease the pain. In some cases, different tick-borne diseases, syphilis, or lupus can display similar symptoms as Lyme disease. Thus, the treatment is given after carefully diagnosing the symptoms using a couple of ways. The U.S. reports around half a million cases every year. The increasing frequency of the Lyme disease, and rising investments from government organizations and large corporates for developing advanced treatment are some of the primary factors contributing to the growth of the global Lyme disease treatment market during the forecast period.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Lyme Disease Treatment Market
Delays in Lyme disease Treatment Due to COVID-19 Pandemic
The coronavirus pandemic has switched all the medical and healthcare sectors toward the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 patients. This has impacted other areas of health and treatment, including the Lyme disease treatment market. A patient’s concern for the contamination has reduced outpatient visits with healthcare providers. Indicative patients may be deemed to have COVID-19 until negative test results are collected, signifying that evaluations for other treatments will be delayed, possibly leading to unfavorable outcomes. Individuals with Lyme disease symptoms were asked to suspend their tests as the coronavirus spread began to take over the world. People were advised to be in quarantine, as evaluation for other causes of the patient’s symptoms other than the COVID-19 virus was often delayed, risking delayed treatments and complications. Moreover, as the Lyme disease and the COVID-19 virus often start with non-specific flu-like symptoms with fever, headache, and general achiness and fatigue, it made patients and medical experts more concerned about both infections in individuals. Thus, patients were suggested to treat with the available oral medications helping to diagnose other diseases.
The impact of COVID-19 on Lyme disease treatment market has been unexpected, far-reaching, and diverse. Across several nations, Lyme disease treatment has made tremendous developments to assure patients continue to receive critical treatment, and new safety standards are attained to protect medical staff and clients. Lyme disease experts have implemented a variety of operational procedures and careful measures to maintain adequate treatment, while restricting the spread of the coronavirus and prioritizing safety. Furthermore, delays in the treatment of Lyme disease can possibly result in bacterial diffusion and reflection of distant organ systems, most importantly, the neurologic, cardiac, and musculoskeletal systems. Nevertheless, the world is starting to open up as the rate of vaccine production and distribution has increased. Post COVID-19, however, there is expected to be a significant increase in the treatment of Lyme disease, as the number of people scared to move out can safely visit the medical care facility. Thus is likely to drive the Lyme disease treatment market in the upcoming future.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Increasing Canines Infection Demands Advanced Treatments for Pets
Medical organizations are funding placebo-controlled clinical trials to study more about the effectiveness of the prolonged antibiotic therapy for the Lyme disease treatment. The advancement in research in the Lyme disease treatment market of a new cytokine-based immunoassay for Lyme disease can provide an earlier and more rapid examination of the disease, if successful. Using advanced technologies, several researchers are examining a new, rapid point-of-care Lyme treatment. Further studies are expected to contribute to new ways for identifying the Lyme disease, earlier-stage examination, accurate staging of disease, or indications of successful treatment. The improvements in the Lyme disease treatment portfolio by various key players operating in the Lyme disease treatment market have embraced the approval by innovating simple and effective Lyme disease treatments. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) has invested in multiple types of research on the treatment of the Lyme disease that exhibit most people recover within weeks of finishing a course of oral medicines when treated soon after symptom origin. In very few cases, symptoms such as fatigue and muscle aches can last for more than six months. This condition is known as post-treatment Lyme disease syndrome (PTLDS), although it is also seldom called chronic Lyme disease.
The Lyme disease in canines has been inscribed in various geographical regions, especially in the U.S., but certain areas around the world are much more likely to harbor bacteria-carrying ticks than others. The symptoms of the Lyme disease vary in animals. Many animals can have the Lyme disease and exhibit no symptoms. In dogs, the most basic symptoms include fever, loss of appetite, aching or swelled joints, lameness, swollen lymph joints, and laziness. If the Lyme disease is left untreated, it can lead to severe harm to the kidneys, nervous system, and heart. Lyme disease affecting the organs is the second most basic syndrome in dogs and is usually fatal. Facial insensibility and seizure disorders have been reported from the disease affecting the nervous system. The growing human affection toward dogs is boosting the growth of the global market. The global Lyme disease treatment market is projected to reach US$ 3 Bn by 2031, at a CAGR of ~6% from 2021 to 2031.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The rise in prevalence of the Lyme disease in humans and animals demands effective treatment. The increasing awareness regarding tick-borne diseases and veterinary care contributes to the growth of the Lyme disease treatment market. Growing investments in R&D activities are expected to result in more effective treatment for the Lyme disease. However, the rising number of generic products for the Lyme disease treatment is hindering market growth. Nevertheless, rapid development in studies and diagnosis of the Lyme disease is anticipated to innovate new ways to treat the disease. Moreover, rising government investments in spreading awareness for animal care and harms of the Lyme disease are anticipated to drive the global Lyme disease treatment market during the forecast period.
Lyme Disease Treatment Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current and future prospects of the global Lyme disease treatment market. Rise in prevalence of Lyme disease, high demand for effective treatment, increase in awareness about tick borne diseases, and business strategies adopted by key players are key factors projected to fuel the growth of the global Lyme disease treatment market during the forecast period.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, which comprises a snapshot of various segments of the global Lyme disease treatment market. The report also provides information and data analysis of the global Lyme disease treatment market about segments based on treatment type, type of bacteria, route of administration, application, distribution channel, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides detailed qualitative analysis of drivers and restraints affecting the global Lyme disease treatment market, along with opportunities in the global market
- Additionally, the global Lyme disease treatment market report includes company profiles and competitive matrix, which provide data about their businesses, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the global Lyme disease treatment market
- The report includes data analysis on the global Lyme disease treatment market attractiveness by region and segments
- The last section of the report provides quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share of key players operating in the global Lyme disease treatment market. It elaborates on the key competitive strategies adopted by the major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global Lyme disease treatment market.
Lyme Disease Treatment Market: Key Segments
- In terms of treatment type, the global Lyme disease treatment market has been bifurcated into medication and tick removal. The medication segment has been split into antibiotics, NSAID, and others. The antibiotics sub-segment has been segregated into cephalosporin, tetracycline, macrolides, and others. The medication segment held major share of the global Lyme disease treatment market in 2020.
- Based on type of bacteria, the global Lyme disease treatment market has been classified into Borrelia burgdorferi, Borrelia mayonii, Borrelia afzelii, Borrelia garinii, and others
- In terms of route of administration, the global Lyme disease treatment market has been divided into oral, injectable, and topical. The oral segment is anticipated to lead the global Lyme disease treatment market during the forecast period.
- Based on application, the global Lyme disease treatment market has been split into humans and animals
- In terms of distribution channel, the global Lyme disease treatment market has been classified into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. The retail pharmacies segment is likely to dominate the global Lyme disease treatment market during the forecast period.
- The market size and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2017 to 2031. The CAGR of respective segment has also been provided for the forecast period from 2021 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year.
Lyme Disease Treatment Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global Lyme disease treatment market has been segmented into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, South Korea, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa)
- The report provides market size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2031. Compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of each of these regions and countries have also been provided for the forecast period from 2021 to 2031, considering 2020 as the base year. The Lyme disease treatment market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Mentioned in Report
- Key players in the global Lyme disease treatment market have been profiled based on key aspects such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the global Lyme disease treatment market report are
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Almirall, LLC
- Mayne Pharma
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Galderma Laboratories, L.P.
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Chartwell Pharmaceuticals
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Perrigo Company plc
- Orion Corporation
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC.
Lyme Disease Treatment Market – Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global Lyme disease treatment market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the indicators of the market over the forecast period from 2021 to 2031. The report provides the overall revenue of the global Lyme disease treatment market for the period of 2017–2031, considering 2020 as the base year and 2031 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global Lyme disease treatment market for the forecast period of 2021–2031.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of the research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global Lyme disease treatment market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global Lyme disease treatment market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the Lyme disease treatment market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the Lyme disease treatment market.
The report also delves into the competitive landscape of the global Lyme disease treatment market. Key players operating in the global Lyme disease treatment market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the Lyme disease treatment market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Lyme Disease Treatment Market Report
- How does the development of Lyme disease treatment provide scope of growth in the global Lyme disease treatment market?
- How alliances and partnerships among players are widening the scope of new line of therapies for Lyme disease treatment?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments under various criteria in the Lyme disease treatment market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to register highest revenue until the end of the forecast period in 2031?
- How is the evolving healthcare system in developing countries in Asia Pacific making an impact on the overall Lyme disease treatment market?
Lyme Disease Treatment Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global Lyme disease treatment market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of line of procedure for Lyme disease treatment.
For reading comprehensibility, the report is compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global Lyme disease treatment market in terms of treatment type, type of bacteria, route of administration, application, distribution channel, and region. Key segments under each criteria are studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2031 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global Lyme disease treatment market.
Lyme Disease Treatment Market – Segmentation
|Type of Bacteria||
|Route of Administration||