Global Lyme Disease Therapeutics Market: Overview
- Lyme disease is a contagious disease caused by a bacterium species called Borrelia burgdorferi. It is a tick-borne disease caused by transmission of bacteria to humans through the bite of infected ticks. Common indications of Lyme disease include flu-like symptoms, depression, fatigue, and expanding, circular, reddish skin rashes.
- If left untreated, these symptoms may worsen and can lead to partial or complete loss of facial movement, severe headache, stiffness in the neck, joint pain and swelling, irregular heartbeats, etc. The patient may also, sometimes, develop tingling or shooting pain in the extremities. If the disease is diagnosed at an early stage, it can be treated with antibiotics. However, if left unattended, it may affect the heart, the joints, and the central nervous system, ultimately leading to death.
- The global Lyme disease therapeutics market is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in the rate of incidence of Lyme disease across the globe and continuous R&D activities for the development of vaccines for Lyme disease.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Report
Key Drivers of Global Lyme Disease Therapeutics Market
- Unmet medical needs with respect to the treatment of Lyme disease, led by variations in Borrelia burgdorferi genotypes, limit complete cure of the disease. Innovations are underway in the pharmaceutical industry in the area of vaccine candidates. This is expected to increase the rate of prevention of Lyme disease in the near future. The continuing need for reinventing the drug pipeline, led by bacterial mutation and resistance, serves as an opportunity for the global Lyme disease therapeutics market.
Restraints of Global Lyme Disease Therapeutics Market
- Pathways to the approval for Lyme disease drugs from regulatory bodies have become confusing, generally infeasible, and questionably irrelevant to patients and providers over a period of time. Additionally, scientific and regulatory challenges significantly increase the cost of and time required for drug development, which greatly worsens economic disadvantages of Lyme disease drugs.
- In view of the urgency of bacterial drug resistance and the capacity of targeted disease to change rapidly over time, regulatory bodies are not in favor of revision and streamlining of the anti-bacterial drug development and approval process
North America to Account for a Major Share of Global Lyme Disease Therapeutics Market
- North America is likely to dominate the global Lyme disease therapeutics market during the forecast period, due to high rate of incidence of Lyme disease and high awareness about and adoption of new diagnostic methods in the region. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Lyme is one of the most common infectious diseases in North America and around 300,000 people in the region get infected with the disease every year.
- The Lyme disease therapeutics market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rise in the demand for Lyme disease diagnostics in developing nations in the region. Moreover, rise in government and private initiatives to spread awareness regarding bacteria-borne health conditions are anticipated to drive the market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Lyme Disease Therapeutics Market
Major players operating in the global Lyme disease therapeutics market are:
- Pfizer Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd.
- Lupin Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Mylan N.V.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc
- Valneva SE
Global Lyme Disease Therapeutics Market: Research Scope
Global Lyme Disease Therapeutics Market, by Treatment Type
- Tick Removal
Global Lyme Disease Therapeutics Market, by Drug
Global Lyme Disease Therapeutics Market, by Dosage Form
Global Lyme Disease Therapeutics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.