Location-based Ambient Intelligence: Next Big Leap for Consumer Electronics in Healthcare
The healthcare sector is converging with the Information and Communications Technology (ICT) sector rapidly, as the need for tech-driven, highly-efficient electronic appliances is growing in various applications, including assisted living. Statistics published by the United Nations state that, in 2013, elderly people accounted for nearly 12% of the global population, and this number is likely to grow rapidly to reach 21% by 2050. This is expected to give rise to the demand for automatic machine-based assistance for the elderly population, consequently providing a fillip to the growth of the location-based ambient intelligence market.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Location-based Ambient Intelligence Market
The global market for location-based ambient intelligence reached ~US$ 91.7 billion in 2018, and is likely to reach ~US$ 108 Bn in 2019, with a two-fifth revenue share occupied its applications in smart homes. While the integration of location-based ambient intelligence is observed largely in connected homes, emerging trends in the e-healthcare and telemedicine industries will underscore the new growth prospects for the market in the coming future.
Ongoing advancements in technologies are likely to boost the popularity of ambient-assisted living and the integration of ambient intelligence solutions for assisting medical diagnosis. Increasing sales potential of medical devices that are integrated with ambient intelligence technology, which is intrinsically and thoroughly connected with artificial intelligence (AI), will create a massive window of opportunities for stakeholders in the healthcare sector.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Market players are likely adopt new strategies to focus on changing end users’ needs in specific application areas. This will remain the primary driving engine for the battle for the development of next-gen devices and evolved personal assistant applications of location-based ambient intelligence that can predict dynamic end-user requirements, and make changes in systems that can facilitate these needs.
Consumer Need for Luxurious Experience with Wearable Devices to Foster Innovations
While the world of Internet of Things (IoT), Virtual Reality (VR), and Ambient Intelligence is mainly characterized by advancements in technology, innovations in the location-based ambient intelligence landscape are not driven by the newest additions in technologies anymore. Commercial applications in the market are mainly driven by consumer perception about their experience with IoT-based, wearable devices.
With the increasing dependence of digital innovation on consumer experience, a majority of market players’ strategies and decision-making policies will be influenced by the thought of providing intuitive and personalized features through the integration of high-quality sensors in location-based ambient intelligence applications. This is redefining the emerging trends and winning imperatives for stakeholders in the location-based ambient intelligence market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Location-based Ambient Intelligence Market”
Growing Concerns about Energy Efficiency and Privacy to Direct Market Players’ Strategies
With increasing consumer awareness about the environmental impact of various appliances that they use, the demand for energy-efficient location-based ambient intelligence solutions is surging rapidly. In addition, consumers are also voicing their concerns about cyber threats and the need for security features in location-based ambient-intelligent devices.
These trends in the market are giving rise to technology-driven partnerships among leading players in the location-based ambient intelligence market. For instance, HTC Corporation, a Taiwanese consumer electronics company, has partnered with several ecosystem players to expand its VR footprint, globally. The company partnered with Valve Corp. in order to provide VR-based games, specifically to promote HTC Vive among end users. Furthermore, the company partnered with several input controller providers and software & service providers to increase the usage of HTC Vive in different end-user applications.
Another leading player in the market and a Chinese multinational technology company – Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., focuses on partnerships with companies for the integration and licensing of advanced technologies. It partnered with ARM, a processor design company. The incorporation of ARM’s new ARMv8 license enables technology in networking and cloud computing.
Furthermore, the increasing need for constant advancements in connectivity has been triggering new trends in the location-based ambient intelligence market, and this is bolstering more collaborations among electronic companies with telecommunication service providers. For instance, in February 2018, Samsung Electronics partnered with Vodafone Group to develop and launch a range of consumer Internet of Things (IoT) 'Smart Home' product and services.
Location-based Ambient Intelligence Market in Brief
- The location-based ambient intelligence market is projected to register a CAGR of ~21% between 2019 and 2027. The location-based ambient intelligence market is projected to be driven by rapid increase in wearable devices and smartphones, globally.
- The global location-based ambient intelligence market is expected to reach ~US$ 497 Bn by 2027 from ~US$ 108 Bn in 2019. Increasing advancements in Internet of Things (IoT) is expected to boost the location-based ambient intelligence market.
- The location-based ambient intelligence market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, followed by Europe.
- North America remains the dominant leader in the global location-based ambient intelligence market, with revenues in 2019 estimated to be ~US$ 43 Bn. Extensive adoption of advanced networking solutions is exponentially driving the location-based ambient intelligence market.
- Asia Pacific is projected to see high growth in the global location-based ambient intelligence market during the forecast period. This is due to the increasing adoption of smartphones and wearable devices in the region.
Location-based Ambient Intelligence Market Definition
- The location-based ambient intelligence market report provides analysis of the global location-based ambient intelligence market for the period of 2017–2027, wherein, 2018 is the base year and 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period. Data for 2017 has been included as historical information.
- In this report, we analyze the growth drivers that are increasing the value of the location-based ambient intelligence market. Constant developments in these emerging technologies have produced a plethora of new devices that have extended the power of computing to various levels of day-to-day work. Steady advancements in Internet of Things technology have fueled the demand for emerging technologies such as smart homes, wearables, and virtual reality.
Asia Pacific Location-based Ambient Intelligence Market– Snapshot
- Asia Pacific is one of the fastest growing regions, where the earning capacity of individuals has been increasing over time. In terms of revenue, the location-based ambient intelligence market in Asia Pacific was valued at US$ 21.8 Bn in 2018, and is estimated to reach ~US$ 156 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~25% during the forecast period.
- The location-based ambient intelligence market in the region is projected to expand during the forecast period, due to an increase in Internet penetration, technological advancements such as introduction of 45/5G Internet services, and rise in healthcare concerns in the region. Moreover, increase in government initiatives for the development of mHealth applications also drives the location-based ambient intelligence market. In July 2016, Japan's Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry announced that it would launch a demonstration project to improve diabetes management through the utilization of IoT and health information.
Key Growth Drivers of the Location-based Ambient Intelligence Market
- Increasing government Initiatives for the development of mHealth – Increasing government initiatives for the adoption of mhealth products are likely to drive the location-based ambient intelligence market during the forecast period. In July 2017, the European Commission launched public consultation on how Europe should promote digital innovation in healthcare for the benefit of citizens and health systems in Europe. In June 2016, the National Health Service of the U.K. announced that it was offering remote monitoring medical devices and apps to help millions of people manage chronic conditions.
- Rising demand for energy-efficient solutions - Increasing awareness among consumers about saving energy, and the preference for more energy-efficient systems and solutions for their homes drive the location-based ambient intelligence market. Smart home systems enable individuals to control all devices connected to their network. For instance, consumers can decrease energy consumption by means of temperature settings and schedules of programmable homes. Consumers frequently struggle to efficiently program their homes and avail these benefits. Smart homes that are linked to home Wi-Fi networks come with apps that are easy to use and have added remote control convenience.
Location-based Ambient Intelligence Market - Company Profile Snapshot
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. - Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. is an international ICT solution provider. The company delivers networking and telecommunication products and solutions. It offers business consulting, assurance & managed services, network integration, learning services, and global delivery services. It operates under three business segments: Carrier Business, Enterprise Business, and Consumer Business. Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. has a global presence and operates in more than 170 countries.
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. - Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. primarily offers consumer products such as monitors, digital TVs and printers; communication systems, mobile phones, network equipment and computers; OLED and LCD panels; memory and system LSI products; video and audio equipment; and memory cards, solid state drives, and USB flash drives. In recent years, the company has shifted its focus to the mobile and smartphone market by offering a wide range of products. In 2015, the company launched its VR headset, named Gear VR, in collaboration with Oculus VR LLC, to enter the rapidly expanding market of AR/VR platforms.
- ABB Ltd. - ABB is a Swedish-Swiss multinational corporation headquartered in Zürich, Switzerland. The company is involved in providing electrification products, motion & robotics solutions, power grids, and industrial automation solutions. ABB Group drives efficiency, safety, and productivity in utilities, industry, transport, and infrastructure, globally.
- Honeywell International Inc. - Honeywell International Inc. is a multinational conglomerate that offers a wide product portfolio in the consumer goods, commercial goods, engineering, and aerospace industry. Honeywell has secured substantial popularity in home automation products. The company offers innovative heating control, water leak detection, and do-it-yourself security, all of which can be controlled remotely using home applications.
- Johnson Controls Inc. - Johnson Controls designs, manufactures, and installs building management systems, HVAC systems, security and controls, and mechanical equipment globally. The company additionally designs and manufactures intrusion security products, electronic security systems, fire detection and suppression systems, breathing apparatus, access control anti-theft devices, and video management systems.
Other major players operating in the global location-based ambient intelligence market and profiled in the report include
- Nokia Corporation
- Schneider Electric SE
- Siemens AG
- Google, LLC.
- HTC Corporation.
Location-based Ambient Intelligence Market – Scope of the Study
[162 Pages Report] A new market study on the location-based ambient intelligence market was recently published by Transparency Market Research (TMR), which provides a complete analysis on how the market will grow between 2019 and 2027. The study covers all the growth indicators as well as future prospects of the location-based ambient intelligence market in terms of value (US$ million).
Information featured in the study unveils important statistics and data about the demand for location-based ambient intelligence solutions, as well as the penetration of these services in various regions around the world. This has helped the authors of this study to reach estimates on the valuation of the location-based ambient intelligence market.
TMR’s study on the location-based ambient intelligence market helps readers understand the business strategies that proved profitable for leading stakeholders in the market. It also focuses on various regulations that stakeholders must keep in mind for succeeding in the location-based ambient intelligence market. In this study, readers can also find unique as well as accurate information on the market dynamics of the location-based ambient intelligence landscape, to help companies in adopting appropriate business strategies in the coming future.
TMR’s study includes recent developments that are setting the degree of competition in the location-based ambient intelligence market, along with accurate and complete information about leading players in the market. Leading location-based ambient intelligence firms and companies, and new businesses in the location-based ambient intelligence market, are profiled in the study. The information featured in the study helps readers understand the growth prospects of the location-based ambient intelligence market for the assessment period.
Key Segments of the Location-based Ambient Intelligence Market
TMR’s study on the location-based ambient intelligence market divides information into two important segments—component and region. The study can help readers understand how growth of the location-based ambient intelligence market is influenced by the market dynamics, including the emerging trends based on these segments.
Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Location-based Ambient Intelligence Market
- What are the winning strategies adopted by market leaders to cater to the changing end-user demand for location-based ambient intelligence in developed countries?
- Why are developed regions creating more lucrative opportunities than developing regions for stakeholders in the location-based ambient intelligence market?
- What is boosting the demand for location-based ambient intelligence in banks?
- How will the changing dynamics of the global ICT sector impact the growth prospects of the location-based ambient intelligence market?
- What are the major barriers to growth for new entrants in the location-based ambient intelligence market?
The research methodology followed during the production of TMR’s report on the location-based ambient intelligence market includes two main stages – primary research and secondary research.
For conducting secondary research, analysts are given access to a number of external proprietary databases and a large internal repository, which helps them ensure the accuracy of the information collected through secondary research on the location-based ambient intelligence market. Analysts have come to conclusions on how the location-based ambient intelligence market will grow, after deriving exclusive and accurate insights from both, primary and secondary resources.
Primary resources that have contributed to the production of this study include discussions with key opinion leaders, enterprise size expert inputs, response analysis, and data triangulation. Analysts have interviewed c-level executives and brand managers of companies in the supply chain of the location-based ambient intelligence market, as well as investors and industry experts, who contributed to the development of this report as a primary resource.
Exclusive information provided by primary resources and secondary resources acts as a validation from location-based ambient intelligence market players, and makes TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the location-based ambient intelligence market more accurate and reliable.