Liquid Packaging Market
Liquid Packaging Market (Packaging Type - Flexible (Films, Sachets, Pouches), Rigid (Paperboard, Bottles, Cans, Drums and Containers); Raw Material - Plastics (PET, PP, PE), Paper, Metal, Glass; Technique - Aseptic Packaging, Modified Atmosphere Packaging, Vacuum Packaging, Intelligent Packaging; End use - Food and Beverage, Personal Care, Pharmaceuticals, Chemicals, Household Care, Petrochemicals) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Global Liquid Packaging Market: Key Highlights
- The global demand for Liquid Packaging stood nearly US$ 428.5 Bn in 2018 and is projected to reach over US$ 657.5 Bn by 2027. Changes in consumer behavior and a rise in the number of people migrating from rural to urban areas are driving the liquid packaging market. Liquid packaging is widely utilized in the food & beverage industry in order to facilitate the transport of liquid goods and to increase the shelf-life of products.
- Expansion of the food & beverage sector, particularly in Asia Pacific, is driving the demand for liquid packaging. Increasing focus on the health and hygiene is driving the consumption of bottled water in developing countries such as India, China, and countries in GCC. This rise in demand for packaged drinking water is estimated to drive the global liquid packaging market.
- Additionally, increasing focus on building brand image through packaging and shift in consumer behavior are also anticipated to propel the liquid packaging market. Furthermore, high fixed investment expenditures and increasing levels of personal income are likely to propel for liquid packaging.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Global Liquid Packaging Market: Segmental Insights
- In terms of packaging type, the liquid packaging market can be classified into flexible and rigid. The flexible packaging segment can be further sub-segmented into films, sachets, pouches, and others. The rigid packaging segment can be further split into paperboard, bottles, cans, drums & containers, and others. In terms of value, rigid packaging was the dominant segment, accounting for more than 85% share of the market in 2018.
- Rigid packaging is extensively utilized to manufacture packaging for beverages, and pharmaceutical drugs. This is due to the excellent properties of rigid packaging such as ease of transport and carrying and excellent shelf-life. However, the liquid packaging market has witnessed increasing usage of flexible materials for packaging liquid over the last few years.
- In terms of raw material, plastics which encompasses materials such as PET, PP, PE, and others was the dominant segment, accounting for about 50% share of the market in 2018. Plastics are widely employed in the manufacturing of packaging for various industries such as food & beverage, pharmaceutical, personal care, and household care.
- The paper segment, owing to its excellent properties such as high recyclability and better environmental protection, is expected to expand at a considerable growth rate during the forecast period. Suppliers of paper packaging such as paperboard boxes and container-s have increased their manufacturing capacities in order to respond to the dynamic market conditions.
- Based on technique, the liquid packaging market has been segregated into aseptic packaging, modified atmosphere packaging, vacuum packaging, and intelligent packaging. Modified atmosphere packaging was the dominant manufacturing process in 2018 accounting for a major share of the global liquid packaging market.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Global Liquid Packaging Market: Regional Insights
- In terms of region, Asia Pacific witnessed significant demand for liquid packaging, accounting for over 37% share of the market in 2018. This is due to the expansion of food & beverage and pharmaceutical sectors, favorable government policies for manufacturers, and the shifting of the production facilities by major players due to the low labor and operating costs.
- The market in North America is expected to expand at a moderate growth rate during the forecast period. The significant contribution from the U.S., which is considered as a prominent market for liquid packaging, and increasing usage of paper products in the region are expected to drive the demand for liquid packaging in North America in the near future.
- In 2018, Europe hold more than 20% share in global liquid packaging market. Europe is a manufacturing hub for wine & spirits and cosmetic products. High demand from these end-use industries is likely to drive the market in the region during the forecast period.
Global Liquid Packaging Market: Competition Landscape
- Key players covered in this report include
- Tetra Laval International S.A.
- Comar LLC
- Evergreen Packaging Inc.
- Liqui-Box Corporation
- BillerudKorsnäs AB
- International Paper Company
- Klabin Paper
- Nippon Paper Industries Co., Ltd.
- Smurfit Kappa Group
- The DOW Chemical Company
- Mondi PLC.
- Brand managers are under pressure to develop new products with differentiation owing to an extremely competitive and fast-moving consumer market. Packaging design is a key driver for sales, as consumers have become brand conscious.
- Companies operating in the global market for liquid packaging are focusing on in-licensing and collaboration agreements in order to launch new products in emerging markets such as Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
- In March 2020, Smurfit Kappa’s TopClip solution launched by beer brewer Royal Grolsch as a paper-based replacement for the plastic shrink wrap currently used on their can multi-packs.
- In March 2020, Smurfit Kappa launched a new tap for soft drink and wine dispenser used in Bag-in-box packaging.
- In February 2020, Liquibox acquired DS Smith plc’s plastic division to strengthen flexible packaging and dispensers business. This has also expanded range of bag, films and dispensing fitments to global customers.
- In February 2020, Smurfit Kappa announced its strategy to expand in Americas with an investment of US$ 36 Mn for paper sack business. This will strengthen Smurfit Kappa’s customer offerings.
- In November 2019, Smurfit Kappa launched new corrugated packaging solution for single-use plastic used in bundling bottled and canned beverages.
- In October 2019, International Paper APPM Limited sold its printing paper business to West Coast Paper Mills Limited to pursue alternative investment opportunities.
- In October 2019, Smurfit Kappa joined with HVC and Bluemats companies for the first full beverage carton recycling plant in the Netherlands.
- In August 2018, Comar introduced SecureCap® QuarterLoc™ child resistant closure, a one-piece push-and-turn bottle closure that requires only a quarter turn to apply or remove.
Global Liquid Packaging Market: Scope of the Report
TMR’s recent publication on the global liquid packaging market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the global liquid packaging market analyzes the market with respect to the historical and current market scenario and offers forecast for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive insights on the global liquid packaging market enclosed in the study. The report on the global liquid packaging market also provides in-depth understanding of key market trends and advancement made by companies. This TMR report is divided into different sections to allow readers to gain individual understanding of the global liquid packaging market.
Key Queries Addressed in Report
- How much volume sales is expected to be generated in the global liquid packaging market by the products during the forecast period?
- What are key growth indicators and market dynamics that are expected to drive the global liquid packaging market in the next five years?
- Which regions are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities to the global liquid packaging market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key players operating in the global liquid packaging market in order to expand their geographical presence?
The first section of the TMR’s report on the global liquid packaging market begins with a premise that includes report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. This is followed by the executive summary that highlights aspects of the global liquid packaging market covered in the study. This section provides brief understanding of market elements and enables readers to understand the aspects covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics on liquid packaging that offer understanding of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes segmentation analysis of the global liquid packaging market. This evaluation includes segmentation of the global liquid packaging market based on raw material, end-use, product type and region. Furthermore, analysis of key segments, year-on-year growth projection, and basis point share analysis are included in the report. These help readers identify promising areas for growth of the market.
The TMR’s study on the global liquid packaging market offers assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. The regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, region-wise, and segment-wise analysis helps readers decipher the growth potential for the market across various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projection and global market value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the liquid packaging report.
The study on the global liquid packaging market offers a holistic competitive value judgment, with details of leading as well as emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors operating in the global liquid packaging market allows readers to understand business strategies of these players along with their performance.
Research Methodology - Global Liquid Packaging Market
The TMR’s report on the global liquid packaging market is based on detailed estimation of the market, with the inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the global liquid packaging market, in terms of competition scenario, is supported by individual-level examination of different avenues related to the market. Furthermore, for secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the required understanding of the global liquid packaging market. This helps TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast of the global liquid packaging market. Readers can access the study of the global liquid packaging market to gain projected market analysis for the period from 2019 to 2027.
Global Liquid Packaging Market: Segmentation
Modified Atmosphere Packaging
Food & beverage
Middle East & Africa