Linear Particle Accelerators Market
Linear Particle Accelerators Market (Type: Low-energy Machine, Medium-energy Machine, and High-energy Machine; Product Type: X-Ray, Electron, Proton, Ion Beam, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Care Centers, and Research Centers) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Automation of Next-generation Linear Particle Accelerators on Cards
Linear particle accelerators are increasingly being used in a number of therapeutic applications and in the treatment of cancer. The increasing prevalence of cancer around the world is one of the major factors expected to augment the adoption of linear particle accelerators in the upcoming years. Moreover, considerable rise in the healthcare expenditure in both developing as well as developed regions coupled with advancements in technology is anticipated to provide considerable boost to the global linear particle accelerators market during the forecast period.
Recent breakthroughs in terms of cost reduction and performance improvement are projected to fuel the demand for linear particle accelerators during the assessment period. The notable shift in preference for minimally invasive cancer treatment procedures is another factor that is likely to open up considerable opportunities for the players involved in the current linear particle accelerators market landscape. The advent of novel technologies, including artificial intelligence (AI) has played an influential role in transforming the shape of the medical imaging devices space in recent years. This is likely to have a direct impact on the growth of the global linear particle accelerators market in the upcoming decade.
At the back of these factors, along with increasing consumer demand for LINAC devices due to their effectiveness, safety, reliability, and cost-efficiency, the global linear particle accelerators market is on course to reach US$ 4.2 Bn by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Linear Particle Accelerators Market
Demand for Linear Particle Accelerators to Treat Resistant Tumors on Rise
The number of ‘advanced’ cancer cases around the world has witnessed consistent growth in recent years, owing to a combination of both, poor lifestyle choices and genetic factors. Some of the conventional and popular cancer treatments, including chemotherapy and radiation have gained considerable popularity in the medical space over the past couple of decades. However, linear particle accelerators have emerged as one of the most promising alternative advanced treatments for resistant tumors and as per the current observations, the adoption is anticipated to witness a spike in the upcoming years. Research and development activities are expected to play a key role in the overall development of the global linear particle accelerators market during the forecast period. In recent years, medical experts around the world are increasing merging MRI with linear particle accelerators to improve the precision in cancer treatment– a factor that is anticipated to bolster the growth of the global linear particle accelerators market in stipulated timeframe of the study.
Research and Development Activities Offer Growth Opportunities
Research and development is expected to remain one of the most critical factors that will drive the growth of the global market for linear particle accelerators during the forecast period. With the onset of novel technologies and focus on automating the tuning process of the beam, scientists are exploring the possibilities of operating linear particle accelerators with a diminishing direction from humans. Several researchers and scientists are increasingly investing resources to automate various aspects of linear particle accelerators for the past two to three decades. Moreover, as per current trends, the next-generation of linear particle accelerators are likely to be highly automated– a factor that is expected to aid the growth of the global linear particle accelerators market in the upcoming decade.
Advancements in machine learning are increasingly being utilized for problem detection, optimizing beam lines, and create real-time simulations. At the back of these factors and other promising research outcomes, the global linear particle accelerators market is on the course to have a steady growth rate during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Production of New Linear Particle Accelerators to Decline amid COVID-19
The onset of the COVID-19 pandemic is anticipated to have a slight impact on the overall growth of the global linear particle accelerators market, particularly in 2020. Due to the dwindling demand from hospitals, ambulatory centers, and research centers amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic due to increasing focus on catering to the patients suffering from the novel of COVID-19 infection, the production of linear particle accelerators is likely to remain lower than the initial projections. However, on the research front, activities are likely to remain normal without any major interference from governments.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Linear Particle Accelerators Market
The global linear particle accelerators market is anticipated to expand at a healthy CAGR of 6% during the forecast period. Increasing prevalence of cancer, advancements in technology including AI and machine learning, and integration of MRI and linear particle accelerators to improve the precision of cancer treatment are some of the key factors driving the global linear particle accelerators market during the forecast period. Market players are expected to invest resources in R&D and leverage the progress in various technologies to gain a competitive edge.
Linear Particle Accelerators Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global linear particle accelerators market for the historical year (2018), base year (2019), and the forecast period (2020–2030), increase in burden of cancer across the globe is projected to drive the global linear particle accelerators market in the near future
- According to the report, the global linear particle accelerators market was valued at US$ 2.3 Bn in 2019 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 6% from 2020 to 2030
Increase in Burden of Cancer to Drive Global Market
- Rise in prevalence and increase in demand for new treatments for cancer are expected to boost the growth of the linear particle accelerators market during the forecast period
- According to the World Health Organization (WHO), cancer is the second leading cause of death globally after cardiovascular disease, and cancer accounts for 8.3 million deaths each year, with 70% new cancer cases expected to be reported over the next 20 years
- According to data released by the World Cancer Research Fund International, globally, breast cancer is the most common cancer, with nearly 2 million cases in 2018. Belgium, Luxemburg, the Netherlands, France (metropolitan), and New Caledonia (France) were the top five countries with the highest number of cancer cases across the globe
Rise in Awareness about Radiation Therapy and Linear Particle Accelerators Market to Propel Global Market
- Growth of the global linear particle accelerators market is likely to be driven by increase in awareness about radiation therapy among healthcare professionals across the globe
- According to the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), in 2020, an estimated 3,600 people are projected to be diagnosed with primary bone cancer in the U.S., with 1,720 deaths expected to occur due to bone cancer
Lack of Skilled and Experienced Personnel to Hamper Global Market
- Lack of skilled healthcare personnel is anticipated to restrain the global linear particle accelerators market. Key healthcare professionals involved in radiation therapy are radiation therapy specialists, oncologists, and radiation dosimetrists. In developing countries, lack of skilled and trained healthcare professionals is a major pitfall for providing treatment to patients. These professionals must have knowledge about dosage, amount of radiation, and other factors in order to deliver successful treatment.
- In 2016, there were nearly 2,000 oncologists for 10 million cancer patients in India. One of the major concerns is the concentration of oncologists in India. Majority of radiation facilities and oncologists are concentrated in the metropolitan cities of India, hampering equitable access to treatment.
Linear Particle Accelerators Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global linear particle accelerators market based on attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, major brands, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global linear particle accelerators market is highly competitive, with the presence of prominent players in the international market. The top players hold majority share of the global linear particle accelerators market.
- Prominent players operating in the global linear particle accelerators market include
- Varian Medical Systems, Inc.
- Elekta AB
- Accuray Incorporated
- Shinva Medical Instrument Co., Ltd.
- Viewray Medical Technologies Inc.
- The report on the global linear particle accelerators market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of linear accelerators systems. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global linear particle accelerators market.
Linear Particle Accelerators Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global linear particle accelerators market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global linear particle accelerators market for the period from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the global linear particle accelerators market for the same period.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involved a bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts conducted interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the linear particle accelerators market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources and statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the linear particle accelerators market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various market segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competition dynamics in the global linear particle accelerators market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as new players interested in entering the linear particle accelerators market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include technological advancements, key industry events (mergers, acquisitions, collaborations, approvals, etc.), and COVID-19 pandemic impact on industry (value chain and short/mid/long-term impact).
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global linear particle accelerators market. Key players operating in the global linear particle accelerators market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players operating in the global linear particle accelerators market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Linear Particle Accelerators Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global linear particle accelerators market?
- What is the revenue share projection of key segments of the global linear particle accelerators market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global linear particle accelerators market in terms of revenue between 2020 and 2030?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope of the global linear particle accelerators market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global linear particle accelerators market?
Linear Particle Accelerators Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global linear particle accelerators market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. The report provides detailed explanation of objectives of this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the linear particle accelerators market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global linear particle accelerators market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends pertaining to the market. Furthermore, the Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborate insights has been provided in order to understand the Y-o-Y growth trends of the global linear particle accelerators market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller ones. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report segments the global linear particle accelerators market in terms of type, product type, end user, and region. Key segments under each criterion have been studied at length and the market share for each segment by the end of 2030 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global linear particle accelerators market.
Linear Particle Accelerators Market – Segmentation