Global Light Diffusion Materials Market: Highlights
- A diffuser is an optical component with light-scattering properties, which placed in the path of the light source to reduce the sharpness of shadows and smoothen the illumination. Diffusers ensure uniform illumination by light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and hence, they are considered an integral part of the total lighting system.
- High-brightness LEDs are intense-point sources of light that create bright spots of concentrated light. Known as LED hotspots, these bright spots can be harsh on the human eye. Therefore, in order to provide glare-free LED lighting, or to create wider viewing angles, designers often choose to diffuse the light emitted. This can be carried out by inserting thin films or sheets behind the lens, which not only help diffuse light transmission but also avoid unwanted glare.
- These thin films or sheets are largely used in applications such as retrofit bulb diffusers, LED linear lighting (tubes), and luminaire light covers
Key Drivers of Global Light Diffusion Materials Market
- Increasing construction activities across the globe are projected to drive the global light diffusion materials market during the forecast period. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, construction is likely to be the most rapidly growing industry across the world by the end of 2020. Light diffusion materials are considered a preferred choice for use in various commercial buildings such as offices and schools, as these materials distribute light evenly and provide a wider viewing angle. Thus, with growth of the construction industry, the demand for light diffusion materials is also expected to increase during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Light Diffusion Materials Market, by Product
- In terms of product, the global light diffusion materials market can be segmented into polycarbonate (PC) sheets, acrylic sheets, polypropylene, and others
- The polycarbonate (PC) sheets segment is projected to account for a major share of the global light diffusion materials market by 2027
- Acrylic and polycarbonate (PC) are considered an ideal choice of light diffusion materials by various LED manufacturers. These two transparent and engineered plastics are steadily replacing glass in LED applications, as they have low absorption coefficient and they offer benefits in terms of design freedom. However, in the competition to provide outstanding diffusion and light transmission, polycarbonate materials have outpaced acrylic solutions by providing better durability and impact resistance.
- Polycarbonate solutions are said to be a breakthrough for LED lighting manufacturers, as they can be tailored to the specific needs of an application through the compounding process, thereby achieving light transmission greater than 90%. They offer high clarity and purity and ensure optimum light transmission.
- Expanding at a significant growth rate, the polypropylene segment is expected to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period. Demand for other light diffusion materials is expected to remain moderate to high across different regions during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Light Diffusion Materials
- In terms of region, the global light diffusion materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In Asia Pacific, the consumption of light diffusion materials is much higher than other regions. Strengthening of the construction industry in various parts of Asia Pacific is also expected to promote growth of the market in the region during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific and Europe markets witness strategic initiatives, owing to their emerging and mature nature, respectively. Some of the factors driving the market in these regions are superior growth of end-use industries, amplified local production, and increased number of domestic players.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific holds the maximum share of the global light diffusion materials market, followed by North America and Europe. Increased usage of light diffusion materials for various commercial applications, particularly in North America and Europe, is projected to fuel the market in these regions during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global light diffusion materials market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Tilara Polyplast Private Limited
- Sun Acrylam Private Limited
- Foshan Tiansu Building Materials Co., Ltd
- Condale Plastics
- A.L.P. Europe LTD
Global Light Diffusion Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Light Diffusion Materials Market, by Product
- Polycarbonate (PC) Sheets
- Acrylic Sheets
Global Light Diffusion Materials Market, by Application
- Retrofit Bulb Diffusers
- LED Linear Lighting (Tubes)
- Luminaire Light Covers
Global Light Diffusion Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.