Global Light Diffusion Materials Market: Highlights
- A diffuser is an optical component with light-scattering properties, which placed in the path of the light source to reduce the sharpness of shadows and smoothen the illumination. Diffusers ensure uniform illumination by light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and hence, they are considered an integral part of the total lighting system.
- High-brightness LEDs are intense-point sources of light that create bright spots of concentrated light. Known as LED hotspots, these bright spots can be harsh on the human eye. Therefore, in order to provide glare-free LED lighting, or to create wider viewing angles, designers often choose to diffuse the light emitted. This can be carried out by inserting thin films or sheets behind the lens, which not only help diffuse light transmission but also avoid unwanted glare.
- These thin films or sheets are largely used in applications such as retrofit bulb diffusers, LED linear lighting (tubes), and luminaire light covers
Key Drivers of Global Light Diffusion Materials Market
- Increasing construction activities across the globe are projected to drive the global light diffusion materials market during the forecast period. According to Bureau of Labor Statistics, construction is likely to be the most rapidly growing industry across the world by the end of 2020. Light diffusion materials are considered a preferred choice for use in various commercial buildings such as offices and schools, as these materials distribute light evenly and provide a wider viewing angle. Thus, with growth of the construction industry, the demand for light diffusion materials is also expected to increase during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Global Light Diffusion Materials Market, by Product
- In terms of product, the global light diffusion materials market can be segmented into polycarbonate (PC) sheets, acrylic sheets, polypropylene, and others
- The polycarbonate (PC) sheets segment is projected to account for a major share of the global light diffusion materials market by 2027
- Acrylic and polycarbonate (PC) are considered an ideal choice of light diffusion materials by various LED manufacturers. These two transparent and engineered plastics are steadily replacing glass in LED applications, as they have low absorption coefficient and they offer benefits in terms of design freedom. However, in the competition to provide outstanding diffusion and light transmission, polycarbonate materials have outpaced acrylic solutions by providing better durability and impact resistance.
- Polycarbonate solutions are said to be a breakthrough for LED lighting manufacturers, as they can be tailored to the specific needs of an application through the compounding process, thereby achieving light transmission greater than 90%. They offer high clarity and purity and ensure optimum light transmission.
- Expanding at a significant growth rate, the polypropylene segment is expected to create significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period. Demand for other light diffusion materials is expected to remain moderate to high across different regions during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Light Diffusion Materials
- In terms of region, the global light diffusion materials market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In Asia Pacific, the consumption of light diffusion materials is much higher than other regions. Strengthening of the construction industry in various parts of Asia Pacific is also expected to promote growth of the market in the region during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific and Europe markets witness strategic initiatives, owing to their emerging and mature nature, respectively. Some of the factors driving the market in these regions are superior growth of end-use industries, amplified local production, and increased number of domestic players.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific holds the maximum share of the global light diffusion materials market, followed by North America and Europe. Increased usage of light diffusion materials for various commercial applications, particularly in North America and Europe, is projected to fuel the market in these regions during the forecast period.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global light diffusion materials market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Tilara Polyplast Private Limited
- Sun Acrylam Private Limited
- Foshan Tiansu Building Materials Co., Ltd
- Condale Plastics
- A.L.P. Europe LTD
Global Light Diffusion Materials Market: Research Scope
Global Light Diffusion Materials Market, by Product
- Polycarbonate (PC) Sheets
- Acrylic Sheets
Global Light Diffusion Materials Market, by Application
- Retrofit Bulb Diffusers
- LED Linear Lighting (Tubes)
- Luminaire Light Covers
Global Light Diffusion Materials Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.