Latex Foley Catheters Market: Introduction
- Latex Foley catheters are latex-coated catheters that improve patient safety by reducing friction, irritation, and infections caused by indwelling catheters
- These catheters are used after urological surgeries such as benign prostatic hypertrophy, prostate cancer, and urethral narrowing to help patients urinate more easily
Global Latex Foley Catheters Market: Key Trends
- The global latex Foley catheters market is driven by rise in prevalence of urinary bladder disease and increase in demand for minimal invasive surgeries. Incidence of urinary bladder cancer is high across the world, with more than 12 million new cases reported annually. Of these, nearly 6.7 million cases were reported in developing countries and 5.4 million in developed countries.
- High prevalence of urinary incontinence drives demand for Foley catheters. Moreover, increase in the geriatric population across the world is projected to drive the global latex Foley catheters market during the forecast period.
- Introduction of novel coating for Foley catheters is likely to present significant opportunities to key players in the global latex Foley catheters market
- The insertion and removal of Foley catheters is a painful process and can cause infection to urinary tract system. This factor is anticipated to restrain the global latex Foley catheters market during the forecast period.
Global Latex Foley Catheters Market: Segmentation
- In terms of product, the global latex Foley catheters market can be classified into two-way Foley catheters, three-way Foley catheters, and four-way Foley catheters. The three-way Foley catheters segment accounted for the largest share of the global latex Foley catheters market in 2020.
- Based on application, the global latex Foley catheters market can be categorized into urinary incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostate gland surgery, and others. The urinary incontinence segment held major market share in 2020 due to increase in incidence of urological disorders and rise in patients opting for surgeries.
- In terms of end-user, the global latex Foley catheters market can be divided into critical care units, hospitals, nursing homes, and home care. The hospitals segment accounted for major market share in 2020.
North America held Major Share of Global Latex Foley Catheters Market
- North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period due to rise in prevalence of urinary incontinence and increase in number of surgeries related to urinary tract system. According to the American Urological Association, in the U.S., more than 8 million patients visit a medical practitioner for urinary tract infection (UTI).
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in prevalence of benign prostatic hyperplasia and urinary incontinence. Additionally, surge in number of urinary surgical procedures is expected to drive the latex Foley catheters market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Latex Foley Catheters Market
Major players operating in the global latex Foley catheters market are:
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Medtronic, Inc.
- ConvaTec, Inc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Create Medic Co. Ltd.
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Fuji Systems Corporation
- Cook Medical Group, Inc.
- Sara Health
- Others prominent players
Global Latex Foley Catheters Market: Research Scope
Global Latex Foley Catheters Market, by Product
- Two-way Foley Catheters
- Three-way Foley Catheters
- Four-way Foley Catheters
Global Latex Foley Catheters Market, by Application
- Urinary Incontinence
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Prostate Gland Surgery
Global Latex Foley Catheters Market, by End-user
- Critical Care Unit
- Hospital Catheterization
- Nursing Home Settings
Global Latex Foley Catheters Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa