Indwelling Catheters Market
Indwelling Catheters Market (Product: 2-way Catheters, 3-way Catheters, and 4-way Catheters; Material: Latex and Silicone; Coating Type: Hydrogel Coating, Silver Alloy Coating, Silicone-elastomer, and Others; Application: Short-term Usage and Long-term Usage; and End User: Hospitals, Long-term Care Facilities, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Use of Ultrasonic Therapeutic Devices with Catheters Help Prevent COVID-19 Exposure
Critically ill patients are at a greater risk of exposure to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) infection. Hence, med-tech companies in the indwelling catheters market are increasing awareness about therapeutic devices that prevent the spread of COVID-19 in patients. For instance, NanoVibronix— a med-tech company specializing in therapeutic ultrasound technology is increasing awareness about its UroShield® Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW) Portable Ultra Sonic therapeutic device, which is used in combination with indwelling catheters and holds promising potentials in preventing exposure toward COVID-19. This is expected to drive the indwelling catheters market.
Providing utmost care to critically ill patients has become crucial during the ongoing pandemic. Ultrasonic therapeutic devices are being highly preferred by healthcare professionals to avoid issues such as pain and blockages for patients who rely on indwelling catheters. Since hospitals are being already compromised economically, patients in low acuity care settings are demanding ultrasonic therapeutic devices.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Indwelling Catheters Market
Evidence-based Healthcare Practices Improve Medical Outcomes in Care Facilities
The demand for high quality patient care is surging in the U.S. healthcare landscape. This is evident since the global indwelling catheters market is expected to climb a revenue growth from ~US$ 1 Bn in 2019 to over US$ 1.9 Bn by 2030. There is a growing need to bridge the knowledge gap between evidence and practice followed for indwelling catheters. In order to achieve this, healthcare professionals are educating nurses about evidence-based healthcare practices to improve medical outcomes of patients with bladder issues.
Evidence-based healthcare practices involve interacting with patients, which ultimately results in building the long-term nursing experience of caregivers in hospitals and other medical facilities. Companies in the indwelling catheters market are increasing efforts to obtain hands-on over primary research data, which emphasizes on catheter change frequency, types of indwelling catheters for specific patients, and catheter washouts.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Catheter Selection and Patient Assessment Crucial for Avoiding CAUTIs
An alarmingly high number of patients in the U.S. are suffering from bladder problems. It has been found that the number of community caseloads are surging with every passing day. This has triggered the demand for indwelling catheters in hospital settings. However, significant complications such as catheter-associated urinary tract infections (CAUTIs) and tissue damage are highly undesirable for patients and their caretakers. Hence, companies in the indwelling catheters market are creating awareness about catheter selection parameters to avoid complications in patients.
Healthcare professionals have become cautious about the use of materials, external coatings, and balloon sizes in indwelling catheters that help to improve patient quality of life. They are carrying out patient assessment to identify any allergy or sensitivity toward catheters.
Manufacturers in the indwelling catheters market are educating caretakers to monitor renal function and are recommending the smallest size gauge so that the catheter is easily concealed.
TUC Safety Valves in Indwelling Catheters Prevent Urethral Trauma in Patients
Urinary catheterization yields iatrogenic injuries in patients, which result in short and long-term complications involving substantial morbidity, financial, and medico-legal implications. Since healthcare systems want to be away from such expenditure burdens, manufacturers in the indwelling catheters market are designing devices with trans-urethral catheterization (TUC) safety valves to avoid risks of morbidity and mortality in patients.
Patients receiving an indwelling catheter tend to sustain urethral trauma during the insertion process. In order to avoid these complications, med-tech companies in the indwelling catheters market are introducing trans-urethral catheterization (TUC) safety valves in devices to prevent urethral trauma in patients. Such innovative devices are contributing toward a favorable CAGR of ~6% for the market during the assessment period. The TUC safety valve helps to prevent the inadvertent inflation of the foley catheter retention balloon. This aids in avoiding urethral trauma in patients.
Winning Imperative: Low Friction While Inserting Indwelling Catheters Driving Sales
Manufacturers in the indwelling catheters market are experimenting with different catheter materials such as latex, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), and hydrogel-coated catheters, among others. They are increasing their production capabilities to manufacture antimicrobial-coated catheters that are clinically effective in containing bacterial activities. As such, latex is considered as the gold standard for manufacturing indwelling catheters. However, manufacturers need to adhere to the guidelines issued by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) to innovate in latex catheters.
PTFE-coated indwelling catheters are also being highly publicized in the indwelling catheters market. These catheters have an advantage over latex catheters, owing to their smoothness and design. Innovative designs in PTFE-coated catheters help to protect the urethra/suprapubic site from damage while insertion. Hydrogel-coated catheters are gaining popularity for reducing friction and trauma during insertion.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Indwelling Catheters Market
Adhering to NHS Guidelines for Urinary Catheter Care Boosts Credibility of Healthcare Facilities
The Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust is creating awareness about urinary catheter care guidelines in order to improve patient care. Companies in the indwelling catheters market are taking cues from the NHS and are becoming conscious about standard infection prevention precautions. As such, evidence-based healthcare practices have become a recurring trend in the realm of urinary catheter care. Healthcare professionals are creating increased stress over hand hygiene and other sanitization practices to avoid incidence of CAUTIs in patients.
Medical facilities are providing appropriate staff training and are following documented competency procedures in order to boost their credibility in the local and regional healthcare landscape. Companies in the indwelling catheters market are increasing efforts to conduct clinical trials of devices to ensure proper functioning and maintenance of catheters. Caregivers are focusing on the consent of patient to conduct trans-urethral catheterization procedures.
Urologists have had to reduce or halt their routine clinical practices to assist COVID-19 patients, which has led to lack of evidence pertaining to the care given to urological patients during the pandemic. Evidence-based clinical practices are being highly emphasized by manufacturers in the indwelling catheters market as well as by various healthcare institutions. However, urethral trauma and tissue damage are major drawbacks of indwelling catheters that have concerned caretakers. Hence, companies should experiment with different materials and coatings such as silver-alloy coated catheters, hydrogel-coated catheters, and antimicrobial-coated catheters to reduce friction and urethral trauma while inserting urinary catheter.
Indwelling Catheters Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global indwelling catheters market. Rise in prevalence of urologic diseases such as urinary retention and prostate hypertrophy across the globe, increase in geriatric population, and technological advancements such as introduction of novel coatings are the key factors projected to drive the global indwelling catheters market during the forecast period.
- The report includes an elaborate executive summary, which provides a snapshot of various segments of the global indwelling catheters market. It also provides information and data analysis of the global indwelling catheters market with regards to segments based on product, material, indication, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that impact the global indwelling catheters market
- The report includes company profiles, which provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the global indwelling catheters market
- The report on the global indwelling catheters market offers market attractiveness analysis of regions and segments
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analyses on market share/position of key players operating in the global indwelling catheters market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global indwelling catheters market.
Indwelling Catheters Market: Key Segmentation
- In terms of product, the global indwelling catheters market has been classified into 2-way catheters, 3-way catheters, and 4-way catheters
- Based on coating type, the global indwelling catheters market has been categorized into hydrogel coating, silver alloy coating, silicone-elastomer, and others. The hydrogel coating segment dominated the global market in 2019, as hydrogel coated indwelling catheters are highly popular, and bonded hydrogel-coated latex catheters are more durable than silicone catheters since their hydrogel coating prevents bacterial adherence and reduces mucosal friction. Hydrogels or polymers coat the catheter, absorbing water to produce a slippery outside surface.
- In terms of application, the global indwelling catheters market has been bifurcated into short-term usage and long-term usage. The short-term usage segment has been split into post-surgical care and critical care. The long-term usage segment has been segregated into urinary incontinence and benign prostate hyperplasia (urinary retention). The short-term usage segment is expected to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Increase in usage of indwelling catheters among ICU & critically injured patients in hospitals and rise in the number of ICU admissions are likely to drive the segment during the forecast period.
- Based on end user, the global indwelling catheters market has been divided into hospitals, long-term care facilities, and others. The hospitals segment accounted for major market share in 2019.
- Market size and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2018 to 2030. The CAGR of respective segment has also been provided from 2020 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year.
Indwelling Catheters Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global indwelling catheters market has been segmented into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been further divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The global indwelling catheters market report provides size and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2018 to 2030. The CAGR for each of these regions and countries has also been provided for the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The indwelling catheters market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Covered in Indwelling Catheters Market Report
- Key players in the global indwelling catheters market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the global indwelling catheters market report are
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Dickinson & Company
- Coloplast Corp.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Cook Medical LLC
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- SunMed LLC
- Amsino International, Inc.
- Poiesis Medical LLC
Indwelling Catheters Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global indwelling catheters market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global indwelling catheters market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global indwelling catheters market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global indwelling catheters market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global indwelling catheters market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global indwelling catheters market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global indwelling catheters market. The next section of the global indwelling catheters market report highlights the USPs, which include epidemiology analysis, regulatory scenario, key industry events, technological advancements, and key success factors of top players operating in the global indwelling catheters market.
The report also delves into the competition landscape of the global indwelling catheters market. Key players operating in the global indwelling catheters market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global indwelling catheters market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Indwelling Catheters Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments of the indwelling catheters market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global indwelling catheters market in terms of revenue by 2030?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope for the global indwelling catheters market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global indwelling catheters market?
Indwelling Catheters Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global indwelling catheters market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global indwelling catheters market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global indwelling catheters market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the global indwelling catheters market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends of the global indwelling catheters market. The next section of the global indwelling catheters market report highlights the USPs, which include regulatory scenario, epidemiology analysis, technological advancements, and key success factors of top players in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into smaller sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global indwelling catheters market in terms of product, material, coating type, application, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length, and the market share for each of these at the end of 2030 has been provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the indwelling catheters market.
Global Indwelling Catheters Market - Segmentation