Laser is an abbreviation for light amplification by stimulated emission of radiation. A laser is a device that releases a beam of coherent light through an optical amplification process. There are many types of lasers including solid state lasers, gas lasers, fiber lasers, dye lasers and diode lasers. A laser beam is created when the electrons in atoms in special crystals, glasses or gases absorb energy from an electrical current and become active. Laser light is different from normal light as laser light contains only one specific color. The particular color or wavelength of light is determined by the amount of energy released when the stimulated electron drops to a lower orbit. Laser light is directional and it generates a very tight beam. Gradually laser technology gained wider possibilities of being utilized in almost all areas of industrial production. Using the unique assets of laser radiation can further streamline a number of applications to achieve top quality and reduce production costs.
The main factors contributing to the growth of laser technology market are, production of small or micro devices, stability of laser prices and increasing demand from the healthcare sector. Improved performance of laser over the traditional material processing techniques is also factor driving the growth of laser technology market. High accuracy along with greater productivity and minimal environmental effects are some of the key advantages of laser solutions. Laser technology is suitable for the optical communication, since it uses high-speed transmission of data in digital and analog fiber optic networks as this works in favor of laser technology market. Growth in laser technology can also be attributed to fast processing laser machine tools from various verticals and the increasing demand for cost-effective, also new and different markets in laser technology. Whereas the key issue for the growth of laser technology market could be higher power consumption, burning and difficulty in cutting certain materials in the material processing market can prove to be detrimental.
The laser technology market is segmented by type, application, vertical and geography. On the basis of type, laser technology market is segregated into solid, liquid and gas. Solid-state lasers are lasers based on solid-state gain media such as glasses or crystals. A liquid laser uses the liquid as a medium for laser. In liquid lasers, energy to the laser medium is supplied by light and in gas laser electric current is discharged through a gas inside the laser medium to produce laser light.
Furthermore, the laser technology market is divided based on application into optical communication and laser processing. Optical communication is a technique of transmitting information from a place to another by sending pulses of light through an optical fiber, whereas laser processing involves marking, cutting, welding, drilling, ablation and cleaning. By verticals the laser technology market is again subdivided into research, military & defense, telecom & IT, healthcare, electronics and automotive segment. Geographically, laser technology market is distributed over North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific and Middle East & Africa. Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the laser technology market due to the increasing demand for cost-effective and fast processing laser machine tools from the semiconductor, industrial, telecommunication, and automotive vertical.
Major players in the laser technology market are IPG Photonics Corp. (US), Coherent, Inc. (US) Trumpf Group (Germany), Jeanoptik AG (Germany), Quantel Group (UK), LasaerStar Technologies Corp. (US), Novanta Inc (US), Lumentum Holdings Inc. (US), Epilog Laser (US), Han's Laser Technology Industry Group,MKS Instruments (US) and GSI Group Inc and so on. Further, to gain a competitive advantage, these players are actively involved in organic and inorganic growth strategies. Collaborations, partnerships, agreements, and new product launches are some of the important strategies followed by them.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.