Laboratory Animal Models, 3D Cultures, and Organoids Market: Critical Elements for Life Sciences Studies
- Appropriate laboratory animal models are a must for research studies applicable in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, academic studies, and advanced research
- Several model systems drive biological research by recapitulating body processes and functions from the molecular to whole organism level and bring desired results to the highest possible level
- The human body is composed of both cellular and non-cellular materials organized in a highly specialized manner. It is difficult to mimic all aspects of human biology with one in vitro model system. Organoids are in vitro derived 3D cell aggregates derived from primary tissue or stem cells that are capable of self-renewal, self-organization, and exhibit organ functionality.
- 3D cell culture models are a more accurate representation of the natural environment experienced by cells in a living organism as opposed to growing cells on 2D flat surfaces. Based on severity of disease, different types of treatments or therapies are suggested to patients. Organoids, spheroids, and the study of 3D cell culture models show great potential in many applications including disease modeling and regenerative medicine.
- All these models are used in drug discovery stage, therapeutic activity evaluation, and discovery for new bacteria or viruses
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Laboratory Animal Models, 3D Cultures, and Organoids Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Laboratory Animal Models, 3D Cultures, and Organoids Market
- Ongoing research activities and higher demand for 3D models in clinical stages of drug discovery are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of the laboratory animal models, 3D cultures, and organoids market
- Rise in chronic diseases and spread of bacteria and viruses across the world is leading to increase in research & development activities using laboratory animals, 3D cultures, and organoids
- For instance, as per the World Health Organization (WHO), currently, dementia affects nearly 10 million people in Europe and is likely to double by 2030
- Moreover, alternative approaches for research studies and government funding & initiatives for research activities using different models are also fuelling the growth of the global market
Strict Regulatory Norms to Hamper Market
- Government agencies and different societies are imposing and demanding certain limitation on use of laboratory animal models for research activities in terms of ethical use. This leads the government to impose ban for using certain species of animal models.
- Certain complications arise in using models for studies. These complications include less resemblance of biological activity with human biological system, ineffective results, and irrational conclusions in research experiments which can restrain the global market.
Laboratory Animal Models Segment Dominated Global Market
- Based on product type, global laboratory animal models, 3D cultures, and organoids market is classified into laboratory animal models, 3D cell cultures, and organoids
- Laboratory animal models dominated the global market due to higher demand of these models in drug discovery and higher resemblance of some species with human biological models
- The organoids segment is likely to be a lucrative segment during the forecast period, owing to advancements in tissue engineering and emerging applications in regenerative medicines
- The 3D cell cultures segment is further sub-divided into spheroids, scaffold-based 3D cell cultures, scaffold-free 3D cell cultures, and others
- The organoids segment is further sub-segmented into intestinal organoid, neural organoid, pancreatic organoid, and others
Personalized Medicines to be Promising Application Segment
- In terms of application, the global laboratory animal models, 3D cultures, and organoids market is divided into drug discovery, cancer research, personalized medicine, regenerative medicines & transplantations, and others
- Drug discovery is a major segment in terms of market share, owing to higher cost involved for drug research and higher demand of laboratory animals and 3D models for different studies in drug discovery
- The personalized medicines segment is anticipated to be a highly lucrative segment during the forecast period, owing to increase in adoption of personalized medicines in the next few years and growing prevalence of chronic diseases
Life Sciences Companies Accounted for Larger Market Share
- On the basis of end-user, the global laboratory animal models, 3D cultures, and organoids market is divided into life sciences companies, academic & research institutes, CROs, and others
- The life sciences companies segment is expected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. Rise in research activities for new drug discovery, growing R&D funding by these companies, and higher operational output by these models in research activities are some of the major factors for the growth of this segment.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Laboratory Animal Models, 3D Cultures, and Organoids Market, Ask for a Customized Report
North America to Lead Global Market
- In terms of region, the global laboratory animal models, 3D cultures, and organoids market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global laboratory animal models, 3D cultures and organoids market in 2018 due to higher prevalence of chronic diseases in the region, ongoing research activities, and early adoption of advanced products in research activities
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a promising segment in the next few years as it is likely to have higher number of geriatric population along with rise in chronic disease population, growing research activities, and higher patient pool for clinical studies
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Charles River Laboratories International Inc.
- Merck KGaA, Darmstadt
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Alpha Genesis Incorporated
- Covance Inc.
- BIOINK SOLUTION, INC.
- 3Dnamics Inc.
- Emulate, Inc.
- Crown Bioscience Inc.
Global Laboratory Animal Models, 3D Cultures, and Organoids Market: Research Scope
Global Laboratory Animal Models, 3D Cultures, and Organoids Market, by Product Type
- Laboratory Animal Models
- 3D Cell Cultures
- Scaffold-based 3D Cell Cultures
- Scaffold-free 3D Cell Cultures
- Intestinal Organoid
- Neural Organoid
- Pancreatic Organoid
Global Laboratory Animal Models, 3D Cultures, and Organoids Market, by Application
- Drug Discovery
- Cancer Research
- Personalized Medicine
- Regenerative Medicines & Transplantations
Global Laboratory Animal Models, 3D Cultures, and Organoids Market, by End-user
- Life Sciences Companies
- Academic & Research Institutes
Global Laboratory Animal Models, 3D Cultures, and Organoids Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.