Label-free Array Systems Market – Quest for Personalized and Precise Drugs to Surface Growth Opportunities
As the modern healthcare industry entails its movement towards precision and personalization, numerous drug manufacturers are evincing their innovation competency. With the announcement of big budgets in the healthcare sector of developed countries, R&D initiatives have been garnering strength towards patient-centric healthcare developments.
One such scramble towards innovation - validating new molecules as potential drug candidates - has surfaced enormous sales opportunities for label-free array systems, owing to their time and cost efficiency in the drug development process. These systems are penetrating into various end-user applications by replacing traditional labelled detection techniques for the development of palliative, curative, and preventive drugs.
Inferring the incremental growth opportunities present in the label-free array systems market, Transparency Market Research (TMR), in its latest study, offers an incisive outlook of the historical, current, and futuristic trends, so as to help stakeholders in holding the pulse of the changing dynamism of the market.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
Tracing the Evolution of the Label-free Array Systems Market
Unanticipated reactions of labels with molecules and inaccurate readings of the labelled detection technique offered a center stage to label-free array systems for recording the natural physiochemical and binding properties of molecules. With increasing scientific literature regarding the efficiency of label-free array systems, manufacturers are advancing towards encapsulating innovation and efficiency in a single system.
In 2018, the label-free array systems market recorded sales of ~ US$ 1.1 Bn, and is projected to register a CAGR of ~ 7% during the period of 2019 to 2027. Matching the footprints of historical trends, label-free array systems will stay abreast with novel technologies such as Bio-layer Interferometry and Surface Plasmon Resonance, to facilitate efficiency in the drug discovery process.
As technology infiltrates deeper into the landscape, manufacturers leverage its prowess to upgrade the number of compound screening in a single day. Additionally, the combination of crucial aspects - computational design, nanofabrication, and material sciences - will further dictate the advancement of label-free array systems market.
Want to know more such detailed insights of “Label-free Array Systems Market?” Request a PDF sample here
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industry - A Key End User for Label-free Array Systems
Akin to other industries, the trend of miniaturization of devices remains at the center of revolution in the label-free array systems market. Portable, versatile, and smart-sized surface plasmon resonance immunosensors have been witnessing high adoption in home-based healthcare settings.
Among the other techniques, surface plasmon resonance accounts for a majority of the market share, i.e. ~31%, as it is widely used in the bio-sensing field, and is moving towards commercialization from the research phase. In addition, it is emerging as an apt alternative to the label-based detection technique, as it is sensitive to single and dual color labelling methods. However, the adoption of the microcantilever technique has also been on an ascension as a miniaturized counterpart of vibrational sensors in the drug discovery process.
Pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries remain at the forefront of the adoption of label-free array systems, as various governments in developed as well as developing countries are allocating big budgets towards research and development activities. However, the contract research organizations segment is likely to grow at a high rate, as manufacturers increasingly focusing on developing products for the early detection and cure of chronic diseases.
There is more awareness regarding the early detection of chronic diseases in developed countries, which indicates a high potential for the label-free array systems market in North America. However, the label-free array systems market is yet to explore its true potential, given the hurdles – high product cost and popularity of labelled detection techniques - confining its progress.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
Label-free Array Systems Market - Key Challenges & Winning Imperatives
Invest in Surface Plasmon Resonance Technology
The surface plasmon resonance technology remains a preferable biosensing technique, owing to its minimal sample size requisite, ability to handle crude samples, and real-time monitoring of biomolecules. Manufacturers can increase their investments in the surface plasmon resonance technology to create better opportunities to outshine the popularity of labelled detection techniques.
Prioritize Products for the Pharmaceutical Industry
With the growing demand for effective drugs and medicines, the pharmaceutical industry seeks precise systems to facilitate drug discovery competency. Manufacturers of label-free array systems can leverage the opportunity to develop advanced systems to achieve productive drug discovery processes and increase their adoption in pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
High Cost of Label-free Array Systems
Label-free array systems require sophisticated equipment and screening systems for completely eliminating the use of labels from the compounds, which causes a reluctance among end users towards their adoption, given the high cost. Manufacturers can capitalize on the opportunity and squeeze their profit margins to offer cost-competitive label-free array systems, especially in cost-sensitive markets.
Preference for Labelled Detection Techniques
Despite the infiltration of label-free array systems in a majority of end user industries, a significant number of these industries still hold on to labelled detection techniques such as NMR and ELISA. Manufacturers of label-free array systems can broaden the reach of their offerings by blurring the physical boundaries through acquisition and merger activities. Additionally, label-free techniques with better detection competencies can be developed to have a better shot at sales closures.
Label-free Array Systems Market – Competitive Landscape
The label-free array systems market operates under the close scrutiny of government regulations, which creates an entry barrier for new players. Market leaders in the label-free array systems market take the highway for growth, with 'expansion through acquisition' being their key strategy.
For instance, in January 2017, Danaher Corporation’s subsidiary Pall ForteBio completed the acquisition of the Pioneer SPR product line from SensiQ Technologies, with an aim to broaden its label-free interaction analysis portfolio. Another focus area for these market goliaths is to broaden their Biolayer Interferometry and Surface Plasmon Resonance technology offerings.
Regional players, however, resort to strengthening their product portfolios in the label-free detection segment by leveraging the latest technologies. In addition, grants for the launch of their products from the government remains a milestone for regional players. For instance, in May 2018, Attana AB received a grant for enhancing the sensitivity of biosensors, from the European Patent Office.
Analysts’ Take on the Label-free Array Systems Market
The label-free array systems market is likely to gain vigor with the growing awareness among pharmaceutical manufacturers and biotechnology developers regarding the limitations of labelled detection techniques. As efficiency plays a pivotal role in label-free array systems, manufacturers make the optimum use of technology to develop sophisticated techniques, and these advances have been shifting the paradigms of drug discovery, which has been driving sales opportunities. Manufacturers need to control the cost of label-free array systems to increase the adoption of their products, while offering better detection than labelled detection techniques.
An investment in surface plasmon resonance technology will offer high returns, as the trend of smart-sized devices gains prominence. With high budgets for research and development activities, North America remains a key market for the growth of the label-free array systems market. As pharmaceutical and biotechnology stakeholders show a proclivity for label-free multiplex assays, the sales of label-free array systems are likely to ascent during the forecast period.
- According to a latest report published by Transparency Market Research on the global label-free array systems market for the historical year 2017 and forecast period from 2019 to 2027, technological advancements in label-free array systems and significant rise in the adoption of label-free array techniques among researchers across the globe in the past few years are projected to boost the growth of the global label-free array systems market during the forecast period.
- The global label-free array systems market is estimated to generate ~ US$ 1.2 Bn in revenue in 2019, and expand at a CAGR of ~ 7% from 2019 to 2027.
Advantages Over Labelled Detection Technique: A Key Driver
- The label-free technique eliminates the use of heavy florescent labels and other labels for the detection of new molecules. This reduces the cost of labelling, and thereby, the overall cost of the experiment.
- Label-free array systems have wide applications in drug discovery, antibody characterization, protein interface analysis, protein complex & cascade analysis, and pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and agricultural research.
- Rise in product launches, increase in partnerships & collaborations to enhance product availability, and technological advancements in label-free array systems across the globe are anticipated to boost the global label-free array systems market during the forecast period.
Surface Plasmon Resonance Technique Prominent in the Global Label-Free Array Systems Market
- Surface plasmon resonance (SPR) is a label-free detection technique based on the principle of detecting changes in the refractive index at the surface of the sensor. Surface plasmon resonance is the most dominant technology in the label-free array systems market.
- The surface plasmon resonance segment dominated the global label-free array systems market in 2018, and is expected to account for the largest share during the forecast period due to advantages of SPR technology such as real-time monitoring, ability to replicate the results, and ease of assay preparation.
- SPR is an extensively-used technology in drug discovery, kinetic analysis, and antigen antibody reaction in protein microarrays. The large share of this technique is attributed to easy availability and deep penetration.
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industries Fastest Growing End Users
- The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries segment accounted for a prominent share of the global label-free array systems market in 2018. It was followed by the ambulatory surgery centers segment in the label-free array systems market.
- Rise in the number of pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies in developing countries and increase in government grants for research and development are projected to drive the pharmaceutical and biotechnology segment from 2019 to 2027 in the label-free array systems market.
- The academic and research institutes segment is anticipated to expand at a significant CAGR during the forecast period in the label-free array systems market. Growth of the segment can be attributed to increasing focus on research and development in the process of drug discovery, biomarker research, etc.
- Hence, rise in research and development investments by manufactures is expected to propel the adoption of label-free array systems in the near future.
North America to Dominate the Global Label-Free Array Systems Market
- North America accounted for a major share of the global market in 2018, followed by Europe. Early adoption of technologically-advanced label-free array systems, favorable regulatory policies in the U.S. and Canada, and increase in the number of drug discovery projects in the U.S. drive the label-free array systems market in North America.
- Europe was also an attractive market for label-free array systems in 2018. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at a faster pace than other regions during the forecast period, due to a surge in the adoption of label-free array techniques, increase in the number of proteomics research projects, and rise in market penetration of biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies in countries such as China, India, South Korea, and Hong Kong.
Label-Free Array Systems Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of the manufacturers of label-free array systems have been provided in the report to evaluate their key product offerings, financials, business strategies, and recent developments
- Major players operating in the global label-free array systems market include
- GE Healthcare
- Attana AB
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Danaher Corporation
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Bio-Rad Laboratories
- GWC Technologies
- PerkinElmer, Inc.
- BiOptix, Inc.
Label-free Array Systems Market: Key Developments
Major manufacturers in the global label-free array systems market are adopting acquisition & collaboration and new product development strategies to penetrate into the global label-free array systems market and emerge as leaders dealing in label-free arrays. Key developments in the global label-free array systems market are:
- In April 2017, Pall ForteBio, a subsidiary of Danaher Corporation, launched the Octet RED96E System in the market for more versatile biologics characterization. In January 2017, Pall ForteBio acquired the Pioneer SPR product line from SensiQ Technologies to expand its label-free interaction analysis portfolio.
- In May 2018, Agilent Technologies, Inc. acquired the Agilent-related business from Young In Scientific Co. Ltd., which will help the company expand in South Korea.
- In November 2018, Agilent Technologies, Inc. acquired ACEA Biosciences, Inc. (ACEA), a developer of cell analysis tools, for approximately US$ 250 Mn in cash, which helped it to expand its label-free array systems portfolio.
In the global label-free array systems market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of the manufacturers of label-free array systems. The ‘Competitive Landscape’ section is included in the global label-free array systems market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of the key players operating in the global label-free array systems market.
Label-free Array Systems - Introduction
Transparency Market Research (TMR), in its recent study, offers key insights into the label-free array systems market. The research report aims at providing distinguished information to aid the decision-making process of stakeholders of the label-free array systems market. The research report traces the key trends and notable developments that are crucial to steer the growth wheel of the label-free array systems market.
The comprehensive business study lends actionable insights into the label-free array systems market, along with the drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats for the forecast period of 2019-2027. Insights covered in the report will help stakeholders identify the key opportunities available in the label-free array systems market. The research report encompasses Y-o-Y growth and market numbers that help in estimating the leaps of the label-free array systems market over the course of the forecast period.
The label-free array systems market study includes Porter’s Five Forces, which offers a detailed view of how competitors should proceed with their strategies. This exclusive study also discusses the competitive landscape in detail, wherein, an overview of the key players has been presented. The report offers valuable insights regarding the key strategies devised by market players, along with their financials and notable developments.
Label-free Array Systems Market – Key Questions Answered
The global study on the label-free array systems market comprises a detailed executive summary along with an overview. Key regulations that have an impact on the growth of the label-free array systems market have also been included in this exclusive study. Authors of the report strive to address the key concerns of stakeholders of the label-free array systems market. Some of the key questions answered in this report include:
- What is the market share of different regions during the forecast period?
- What are the trends related to the key techniques of label-free array systems?
- Which is the fastest growing application segment in the label-free array systems market during the forecast period?
- What are the key challenges and threats influencing the growth of the label-free array systems market?
- What are the key developments observed in the label-free array systems market?
- Which region is likely to offer high returns on investments in the label-free array systems market?
Label-free Array Systems Market – Research Methodology
A systematic approach has been followed by our analysts to arrive at the market numbers. Revenue of the key segments of the label-free array systems market has been calculated by using a top-down and bottom-up approach. The bottom-up approach includes the identification of key manufacturers of label-free array systems, revenue through sales, and calculation of their market shares. In order to offer reliable information to stakeholders, our analysts carry out primary as well as secondary research, wherein, insights regarding the trajectory of the market are obtained from key opinion leaders, manufacturers, business heads, and industry experts.
Label-free Array Systems Market - Segmentation
The study offers a microscopic as well as a macroscopic view of the label-free array systems market for the forecast period of 2019-2027. The research report on the label-free array systems market identifies the historical as well as current trends influencing the growth. In order to gain granular-level insights, our analysts have bifurcated the label-free array systems market into key segments. The label-free array systems market has been segmented on the basis of region, end user, application, and technique.
Surface Plasmon Resonance
Scanning Kelvin Nanoprobe
Atomic Force Microscopy
Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy
Detection of Disease Biomakers
Contract Research Organizations
Academic and Research Institutes
Pharmaceutical and Biotechnology Industries
Middle East and Africa