IV Bags Market
IV Bags Market (Material Type: PE, PP, PVC, and Others; Capacity Type: 0-250 ml, 250-500 ml, 500-1,000 ml, and Above 1,000 ml; Chamber Type: Single Chamber and Multi Chamber) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2027
Press Release :
Patients Demanding IV Therapy at Regular Intervals Create Revenue Streams for Companies
Since the process of receiving intravenous (IV) therapy can be intimidating for children, young innovators are stepping up by introducing children-friendly IV bags. Ella Casano, an idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura patient, has named her IV bag invention as Medi Teddy, which consists of a pouch on the back of a teddy bear toy that holds the IV bag. Thus, companies in the IV bags market can take cues from such creative innovations to tap into incremental opportunities in pediatric healthcare.
The IV bags market is estimated to reach ~US$ 6 Bn mark by the end of 2027. This is evident, since manufacturers are increasing their focus in pediatric healthcare. As such, children with idiopathic thrombocytopenia purpura-like immunity disorders need to visit hospitals at regular intervals to receive the intravenous therapy. Hence, companies in the IV bags market are increasing their production capabilities to meet requirements of child and adult patients with immunity disorders.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the IV Bags Market
Investments in Manufacturing Facilities Help Overcome Shortage of IV Fluids
The IV bags market is predicted to reach an output of ~4,000 units by the end of 2027. However, a persistent shortage of IV fluids in the U.S. healthcare system is hampering the business of IV bag manufacturers. Hence, pharmaceutical companies are increasing efforts to strengthen their supply chains in the U.S. For instance, B. Braun— a German medical and pharmaceutical devices company, launched their Solutions for Life initiative to invest in IV therapy manufacturing facilities to ensure long-term supplies for the U.S. healthcare systems. Such progressive initiatives are benefitting companies in the IV bags market.
IV fluids are known as the lifeblood of the U.S. healthcare facilities. This explains why North America is predicted to generate the highest revenue in the IV bags market.
PVC: Hero or Villain in Sustainable IV Bags Manufacturing
Though polypropylene (PP) materials dictate the highest revenue among material types in the IV bags market, recyclability attributes of poly vinyl chloride (PVC) are helping healthcare systems to reduce the environmental footprint. Safety and affordability of PVC is offsetting the advantages of PP and polyethylene (PE). Moreover, technical properties of PVC are retained during recycling processes. Since most of the IV devices are used for a short period of time and then thrown away, hospitals are investing in recycling facilities to meet sustainability goals.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Moreover, the proliferation of medical device recycling systems in the healthcare sector is one of the key trends observed in the IV bags market. For instance, the Vinyl Council of Australia is running a scheme with the assistance of medical device manufacturer Baxter to support recycling of PVC-based IV bags.
Double Wound PP Flat Films Meet Cost-efficiency Goals of Packaging Manufacturers
The growing demand for quality, reliable, and cost-efficient IV therapy is generating incremental opportunities for companies in the IV bags market. Hence, manufacturers are innovating in high-quality PP and PVC films to meet specific requirements of healthcare facilities. For instance, RENOLIT Healthcare— a supplier of complete range of medical grade plastics, is increasing its efforts to deploy customization in IV systems. This explains the modest CAGR growth of 5% of the IV bags market during the assessment period.
In order to boost their credibility in the global market landscape, manufacturers are complying with international standards for the packaging of sterile IV and pharmacological solutions. They are increasing their production capacities to manufacture tubular and double wound flat films. These films play an instrumental role in cost-efficient and reliable production of IV bags. As such, manufacturers are increasing their R&D muscle in high frequency welding of PVC materials to minimize the risks of pinholes during the production of IV bags.
In-home IV Therapy Serves as Innovative Business Model for Treating Common Ailments
The trend of in-home IV therapy is bringing about a considerable change in the IV bags market. For instance, AZ IV Medics has introduced an innovative business model where it provides in-home IV therapy services to treat ailments such as hangovers, dehydration, and migraines. Thus, companies in the IV bags market are extending their services at people’s doorstep to meet convenience requirements of individuals.
On the other hand, in-home IV therapy services are gaining increased popularity amongst celebrities. Thus, IV bag manufacturers are tapping revenue opportunities through innovative in-home IV therapy business models. Growing incidences of flu, chronic illnesses, and food poisoning among individuals are key drivers fueling the expansion of in-home IV therapy services.
High-dose IV Immunoglobulin Helps Enhance Immune Function of COVID-19 Patients
Research labs have accelerated their studies to find solutions that minimize the symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) in its early stages. It has been found that intravenous immunoglobulin and LMWH (Low-molecular-weight heparin) anticoagulant therapy holds promising potentials in improving the COVID-19 prognosis. Hence, companies in the IV bags market are capitalizing on this trend and increasing efforts to boost their production capabilities amidst the coronavirus pandemic. IV immunoglobulin and LMWH anticoagulant therapy are found to significantly lower lymphocytes and B lymphocytes in peripheral blood, resulting in improved patient outcomes.
The early initiation of IV immunoglobulin and LMWH anticoagulant therapy in COVID-19 patients is generating revenue opportunities for companies in the IV bags market. However, raw material availability and delayed supplies are some of the challenges that packaging manufacturers are currently facing in the market. The growing awareness about high-dose IV immunoglobulin in order to enhance immune function of COVID-19 patients is benefitting IV bag manufacturers.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on IV Bags Market
Breakthrough research findings about the efficacy of IV immunoglobulin and LMWH anticoagulant therapy for improving the immune function of COVID-19 patients are benefitting the business of IV bag manufacturers. In order to reduce plastic waste, manufacturers are increasing the availability of PVC-based IV bags that can be easily recycled by healthcare systems.
The trend of in-home IV therapy services is surging in the U.S. However, healthcare professionals are raising questions about potential risks involved with the lack of thorough consultation before opting for in-home IV therapy. Hence, companies in the IV bags market should educate therapy providers to conduct screening procedures of all individuals to avoid any risks involved with in-home IV services.
IV Bags Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the global IV bags market for the historical period 2015-2019 and forecast period 2020-2027, the growing number of diseases is creating a demand for healthcare in urban as well as rural areas, which is projected to drive the global IV bags market
- Globally, the revenue generated by the global IV bags market is estimated to be ~US$ 1.6 Bn in 2020 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 5% in terms of value during the forecast period
Covid-19 to Retard Market Growth
- The global IV bags market growth is expected to differ in terms of value as well as volume, as healthcare facilities are focussing on isolation wards or quarantine wards for COVID-19 patients. The growth of the global IV bags market will be hampered during the course of the pandemic.
- Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, medical facilities are prioritizing patients suffering from the virus. The global IV bags market is expected to grow gradually once the pandemic is over.
High Demand for IV Bags Due to Rise in Chronic Diseases and Aging Population
- Over the last few years, the world has witnessed many different types of respiratory diseases and as several developed as well as developing countries have high population of aging people, the number of chronic diseases has increased. These have led governments to invest in healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors across the globe.
- Prominent regions for the global IV bags market such as North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific with the guidance of the World Health Organization have started investing to enhance medical related facilities in their respective regions
Efficient in Transfusion of Blood than Any Available Alternative
- IV bags are efficient in supplying nutrients, blood, and other necessary medications directly through veins in a patient’s body. The IV bags are always preferable than oral supplements, as oral supplements pass through the digestive system to the body while IV bags directly transfer important nutrients to veins, thus reducing the time taken for the medication to effect. Therefore, the global IV bags market is expected to grow substantially during the forecast period.
- IV bags manufacturers provides different types of chambers and capacity, which can be available as per the need of the patient or medical condition
IV Bags Market: Key Findings
- As per the capacity of IV Bags, 250-500 ml capacity bags had witnessed the highest demand i.e. 475.7 US$ Mn in terms of value, which contributed ~31.4% of the total market in 2019 and ~32.2% of total market with a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period
- Among material types in IV bags, Polypropylene (PP) bags are the most demanded bags, since they have additional properties such as non-reactiveness to the content inside the bags and longer shelf life, which help to keep the content usable for a long period of time. The PP bags in IV bags market is expected to generate US$ 818.7 Mn by the end of 2027 and expand at a CAGR of 5.6% CAGR during the forecast period.
- Among chamber types, single chamber IV Bags contributes a lion’s share to the market and it is estimated to be US$ 1,422.9 Mn in 2020, which accounts for ~89% of the total market. It is anticipated to increase its contribution up to US$ 2,051.8 Mn by the end of 2027.
- North America is the largest market for IV bags contributing ~32.9% of the share to the market. The region is already flourished with healthcare and pharmaceutical facilities, and anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 4.9% during the forecast period.
IV Bags Market to Expand Due to Increase in Medical Facilities
- IV bags market is witnessing growth due to its key advantages such as cost-effectiveness, ease in availability, and ease in usage, which, in turn, is substituting the alternatives available for nutrients and medication transmission purpose
- In the recent years, people are becoming more concerned over their health issues and maintaining their eating habits and hygiene, due to increase in chronic diseases, which is also responsible for the growth of the global IV bags market
IV Bags Market: Competition Landscape
- Key companies profiled in the global IV bags market report include
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International Inc.
- Hospira, Inc.
- West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc.
- Wipak Group
- Technoflex S.A.
- Fresenius SE & Co KGaA
- Polycine GmbH
- Kraton Corporation
- The Metrix Company
- Medicopack A/S
- Macopharma SA
- Haemotronic S.p.A
- Renolit Solmed
- Otsuka Pharmaceutical India Private Limited
- Alfa Laboratories
- Qosina Corporation
- B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., and Sippex have been identified as the leading players operating in the global IV bags market
IV Bags Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research (TMR) started a new study on the global IV bags market, providing forecast for the period 2020-2027. In the global IV bags market study, lucrative opportunities are seen for IV bags. The report enumerates valuable insights to enable readers to make winning business decisions for the future growth of their businesses. The report sheds light on the significant factors that are constantly shaping the growth of the global IV bags market, untapped opportunities for manufacturers, trends and developments, and other insights across various key segments. Macroeconomic factors that are directly or indirectly affecting the growth of the global IV bags market are also incorporated in the report.
Key Questions Answered
- What will be the global IV bags market size in 2027?
- Which region will remain most lucrative for the global IV bags market growth?
- Which end-use industry is most preferred for IV bags? What was its market size in 2019?
- Who are the major customers for IV bags?
- What is the market share comparison between different sources in the global IV bags market?
- What will be the growth rate of IV bags in 2027?
Key indicators associated with the global IV bags market have been evaluated thoroughly in the report. The study highlights vital market dynamics such as key drivers, challenges, and trends, along with opportunities in the global IV bags market. A comprehensive study on the supply chain of the global IV bags market has also been encompassed in the report.
Other key aspects laid down in the global IV bags market include pricing strategy of leading market players. Furthermore, forecast factors and forecast scenario of the global IV bags market have been encompassed in the report to understand future prospects of the market.
A comprehensive evaluation and forecast on the global IV bags market have been provided on the basis of material type, capacity type, chamber type, and region. The report also renders imperative numbers such as historical and forecast size of various segments of the global IV bags market.
Y-o-Y growth comparison, volume and revenue comparison, and market share comparison of various market segments have been delivered in the report. The global IV bags market has been analyzed at both regional and country levels.
The global IV bags market report provides an exhaustive evaluation on the structure of the global IV bags market, in tandem with a dashboard view of all the leading companies profiled in the report. A company share analysis on the global IV bags market players has also been presented in the report, apart from the footprint matrix on the profiled market players. The report depicts the presence of manufacturers by leveraging an intensity map.
Key companies profiled in the global IV bags market report include B. Braun Melsungen AG, Baxter International Inc., Hospira, Inc., West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc., Wipak Group, Technoflex S.A., Fresenius SE & Co KGaA, Sippex, Polycine GmbH, Kraton Corporation, The Metrix Company, Medicopack A/S, Macopharma SA, Haemotronic S.p.A, Renolit Solmed, Otsuka Pharmaceutical India Private Limited, Alfa Laboratories, and Qosina Corporation.
A realistic methodology, along with a holistic approach makes the base for incisive insights provided in the global IV bags market for the study evaluation period. The TMR report comprises of detailed information on the growth prospects of the global IV bags industry, along with riveting insights into the forecast assessment of the market.
Extensive primary and secondary research have been employed to garner incisive insights into the forecast study of the global IV bags market. The report on the global IV bags market has further undergone a cross-validation by in-house professionals to make the global IV bags market report one-of-its-kind with the highest credibility.
IV Bags Market – Segmentation
The global IV bags market has been segmented on the basis of material type, capacity type, chamber type, and region. Each of these segments have been analyzed to provide readers a holistic view of the industry.